TV popular leading ladies-neha marda

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
Home
Bollywood Television
10 Women On Indian Television We Wish We Had More Of!

Posted by Resham BeriFebruary 19, 20150396
Women on Indian Television

As my friends and I sat for a few drinks last night, we started discussing how women characters have been ruling the roost on Indian television for quite some time now. While most of them are the typical ideal women'- traditional clothes, morals in place and overtly selfless, some have broken these stereotypes and kicked ass at it!

Here's a list of truly inspirational women characters that we love and need to see more of on Indian TV:

1. Maya Sarabhai
Maya Sarabhai on Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai

Maya Sarabhai was never the quintessential mother-in-law of Indian TV. Ratna Pathak Shah as Maya is classy, sarcastic and conspires to show her daughter-in-law down... all the bloody time! In Ekta Kapoors world, such a saas would be called Ramola Sikand (remember Kaahin Kissii Roz?). But Maya did it in her own style and better still, made us fall in love with her. :)

2. Sandhya Rathi
Deepika Singh

She is a bahu on national television and she's a cop! Need I say more? She has broken the mother of all stereotypes- the izzat' of the family can only be a homemaker! When she is not busy saving hijacked planes, she is a dutiful daughter-in-law and wife. And the best part, her family supports her. You go girl!

3. Urmi Rathore
Neha Marda

Urmi left her abusive husband and sent him to jail spreading a very important message that no matter what, everyone should stand up against domestic violence! That's the reason people love her, making Doli Armaano Ki one of the top rated shows on TV.

4. Anandi Shivraj Shekhar
Balika Vadhu

Who doesn't know this Balika Vadhu? She was married as a child and abandoned by her husband when she grew up. But that didn't stop Anandi from completing her education and working towards the betterment of women of her village. Inspiring, wouldn't you say?
Edited by kisst - 9 years ago
Posted: 9 years ago
Thank you for the article !