kaamchorni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Not a perfect piece of work but something that came about after watching the wedding today. (And once I spend way too much time writing something, I post it no matter what the end result 😆.)

Don't be a stranger to the comments section - let me know what you think!

- Zarin

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kaamchorni thumbnail

Aandhi Aayi

She looked at her husband, one hand pressed against her mouth as sobs threatened to escape.

There had been nights like this before, of course. In moments like these when the anger and mischief she employed as distractions disappeared, she was forced to look at the reality of what she had done.

Despite the accusations that so often rang in her ears, marriage had never been a joke to her. Not when the world's biggest, most beautiful buddhu had gotten down on his knees and told her of all the ways he loved her. Not when it had simply been a case of papers and formalities.

Certainly not when the weight of those gaudy flowers around her neck had suffocated her as she had entered this very house.

And yet, as she leaned on the banister and watched her husband sleep off a hangover on the sofa, she couldn't help but feel that she was a part of the world's biggest joke, all six feet and two inches of it.

How had this happened?

The last time she had looked, she'd been going after her dreams. She had been engaged to a wonderful, flawed, loving man. Her stars had aligned. Her life was coming together.

How did she lose it all so fast...

A storm had come and gone and taken everything that she held dear and all she had done was watch.

Her eyes lingered dispassionately to Ashok, who even in his sleep clutched a bottle of whiskey - possibly the only thing in the world that loved him back.

No. What she had done was worse than simply watching. She had steered the reigns of this storm with her very fingers, allowing it to strike her in the hope that it would spare him.

And for what?

So that today, Mihir could... Mihir had...

Her breath caught. God, she missed that man.

She had been as arrogant as she was desperate when Ashok had blackmailed her; that much she knew now. Arrogant in her belief that things wouldn't be broken for long, that someone would see her big, sad eyes and shout fire. That someone - anyone - would eventually save her from this grand, oppressive hell.

So what now, Miku? Who do you want to wait for this time?

The snide little voice in her head laughed and even as she tried to ignore it, the images began to flood her mind. Vandu akka busy with a little baby Vandu... Ishu akka and Raman jiju battling whatever new museebat was sure to come their way... Mihir - she steeled herself for the thought - married...

No one was coming to her rescue but herself. No one would give her space to be little more than a footnote in their stories. Nothing was going to come of those pathetic little sobs of hers.

Powered by a burst of angry, resolute surety, Mihika marched back to her room. Pulling out a suitcase she hadn't realised she was looking for, she began to put her few belongings together.

Somewhere in the back of her mind, she had already decided: coming up with a plan of action could wait for later. The most important step was getting the hell out of here. She had had enough of the self sacrifice. Enough with letting herself burn for other people, no matter how much she loved them.

She wrenched the suitcase off the bed and slipped her shoes on. In her frenzy, she noticed that a flower petal had shaken loose from her hair.

Picking it up, she thought for a moment before carefully tucking it into the pocket of her purse, the only memento she would allow herself from a wedding she'd rather forget.

She tried not to think it - she practically begged her mind to bypass it - but as she left the house, a thought surfaced in Mihika's mind.

As handsome as he'd looked in blue, she had always imagined he'd wear white on his wedding day.

Edited by kaamchorni - 9 years ago
agreatperhaps thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
A beautiful piece of work. You captured Mihika so wonderfully and completely. She has been feigning her arrogance and indifference thorough out this horrible track, and you gave her the much needed space to breathe, and let her emotions out.  

Currently, on the show, I feel its surreal that Ishita of all the people, has not been able to look through the faade Mihika is wearing. I am glad Vandita is with her. 

Amazing! Simply Amazing!
Continue, if you may.

-N ðŸ¤—
rutu83 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
THAT was brilliant! i absolutely loved how you brought out the pain of mihika.  and also that smidgen of arrogance.  
the shagun drama completely overshadowed this silent victim :(
awesome os! 
kaamchorni thumbnail

Originally posted by: NocturnalBeing

A beautiful piece of work. You captured Mihika so wonderfully and completely. She has been feigning her arrogance and indifference thorough out this horrible track, and you gave her the much needed space to breathe, and let her emotions out.  

Currently, on the show, I feel its surreal that Ishita of all the people, has not been able to look through the faade Mihika is wearing. I am glad Vandita is with her. 

Amazing! Simply Amazing!
Continue, if you may.

-N ðŸ¤—

Thank you! I hope I've done some amount of justice to Mihika. She really did get the short end of the stick and after Mihir's wedding, I really feel for her because the damage done is irreparable now. At least marrying Ashok felt temporary but now there's no hope. I don't see Mihir and Rinky breaking up for the sake of Mihika-Mihir.

Vandita is far and away the most sorted character and her support is some comfort, at least. It must sting though to know that your family thinks you're capable of being the person Mihika is pretending to be.

Thanks for commenting :) I may continue depending on if I find a story here somewhere (an audience, too!).
kaamchorni thumbnail

Originally posted by: rutu83

THAT was brilliant! i absolutely loved how you brought out the pain of mihika.  and also that smidgen of arrogance.  

the shagun drama completely overshadowed this silent victim :(
awesome os! 

Thank you! :)

I've always been a fan of Mihika's character and how she had an edgy, gutsy side to her. Sad to see that her willingness to take a risk blew up in her face and how. But now there's not much keeping her with Ashok - hope she'll say good riddance and won't end up in a quickie fix-up with Mani either. There's simply no need.

Thanks for commenting!
kaamchorni thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Mehak..

Great peice of writing!

Thank you very much! :)
kaamchorni thumbnail
Shameless bump (relevant to current storyline).
Impossible.Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wonderful piece of writing dear...
The way you brought out mihika's pain was too good.