Why does God turn a blind eye ?

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Many ask what is God doing about all the problems around the world. Some argue it is God's Will, others say that the freewill given to man is being abused and they face dire consequences later.
Whatever it is I guess we just have to make the best of the situation and move on.

Edited by Summer3 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
There is no God, therefore he has no eye as well to see.
K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: souro

There is no God, therefore he has no eye as well to see.

I think the topic assumes that there is a God and then proceeds to pose a question concerning the problems around the world.

The only choices up for debate are
a) It is God's will which is causing the problems around the world
b)  it is our will that is being abused which is causing the problems around the world

Choice b seems to have an annotation about no misdeed going unpunished (or, conversely, no good deed going unrewarded) but that is not relevant to the debate.

Simply put, assuming there is a God, who should we blame for our problems? God or ourselves? The assumption about God is important because even in an hypothetical scenario such as that, we still need to correctly apportion the blame.

Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I don't know about "problems" but the health problems which man faces really makes my mind go blank. I really wish I could question the existence(my God).Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 9 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: K.Universe.

I think the topic assumes that there is a God and then proceeds to pose a question concerning the problems around the world.

b)  it is our will that is being abused which is causing the problems around the world

Choice b seems to have an annotation about no misdeed going unpunished (or, conversely, no good deed going unrewarded) but that is not relevant to the debate.

Simply put, assuming there is a God, who should we blame for our problems? God or ourselves? The assumption about God is important because even in an hypothetical scenario such as that, we still need to correctly apportion the blame.

Yes we have to assume that there is a God in one form or other. A silent witness existing beyond time and space (ourselves being a part of the whole) or a more personal God guiding us through the turmoil.
Or perhaps where there is light there are bound to be shadows.

But either way I believe that God is not unaware of what is happening ... but we can try to draw His attention to some of the problems at hand and ask for His help; ie is basically prayers.
To some extent problems could be the consequences of past actions too, karmic.

In facing tough times some have given up their belief in God too saying that either He does not exist or He does not care.
Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Angel-likeDevil

I don't know about "problems" but the health problems which man faces really makes my mind go blank. I really wish I could question the existence(my God).

Hello dear Angel.
Yes it does break our hearts to see some suffer health problems from young.

Bobbi. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I am not very keen on religion, hence my opinion may be vague or even nonsense.

As the famous quote by unknown goes "everything happens for a reason", the question that instantly pops into our mind after this is "what is the reason behind this?" "why me?" "why did this have to happen to my family?" When the mind is in tension, it cannot think straight. If God did not exist, problems and diseases wouldn't either, and everyone would be living freely without having to seek or turn to anyone for the problems they face.

I beg to differ from the opinion of others on how the universe came into existence. There's some that support the Big Bang theory, while others strongly believe that somewhere there exists a supernatural power. But, do we have enough information and knowledge to find out the answer about I this? I don't. On a personal view, I believe yes, God exists and so do problems. You might be reaping the fruit of what you did in your past, or this may be a test for you to have a better future.

2 books that have been recommended by a friend (although I haven't found the time to read them yet):
1) New Proofs for the Existence of God by Robert J. Spitzer (2010) - in support of God;
2) The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins (2006) - criticism of the existence of God.
QuietlyLoud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Finding yourself in the middle of an unpredictable and unforeseeable incident like an accident ,a terrorist attack ,or a natural disaster is a chance event .It's neither in your hands nor in the hands of any deity .You just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.As for getting yourself a deadly disease, you happened to be the unlucky one out of a few hundreds or thousands of people depending on its frequency of occurrence.We might be quite evolved intellectually and technologically from the rest of the animal kingdom but really, how different are we when caught between life and death?At the end of the day,we all are mortal beings.To me,a person who was unlucky enough to be a passenger in the ill-fated Malayasian flight or a victim caught in a terrorist attack doesn't look anymore unlucky than an animal a hunter chose to kill.

Of course, I can never prove that I'm right. The ones who believe God writes their destiny or those who believe such events are a consequence of karmic debts of their previous life can't prove they are right, either.They can only believe they are right,just like I'm believing myself to be right.Two sides of the same coin.

Anyway, I guess I'm more comfortable believing it so than thinking my life's string is getting pulled by a deity who is supposedly controlling the whole universe from above.
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: K.Universe.

Which choice will you choose?
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Summer3

Many ask what is God doing about all the problems around the world. Some argue it is God's Will, others say that the freewill given to man is being abused and they face dire consequences later.
Whatever it is I guess we just have to make the best of the situation and move on.

That is the only sensible option available. It doesnt make any sense whatsoever to get stuck to a situation and  turn it  worse than what it was. If we find ourselves unable to do it  we could either hold our own lack of will accountable  or pass on the blame to God or circumstances. Choosing the  former option places the power to change with with the individual   whereas the later option (belief)  disempowers , placing total control on external agencies for any outcome. To choose or not to choose is also a choice.