M(movie)OTW - JAAN-E-MANN

meghavi thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Hi guys,

Well ...the movie of this week, will be JAAN-E-MANN! 😊

Before we get started with the discussion or the story line, here are some pictures:

Well, to people who don't know the storyline, or anything like that, read below.  To people who are fimilar with the storyline, you guys can skip the below....and maybe look at the discussion ques. 😊

There are 3 main characters in this movie.

Salman Khan as Suhaan Kapoor, Akshay Kumar as Agastya Rao and Preity Zinta as Piya Goyal.

Basically, here is what the movie is about (http://www.nowrunning.com)

Once upon a time there was a dude...

There was a geek...

& there was a beauty...

The dude and geek both loved the beauty...

But who did the beauty love...

Ten years pass...

The dude lives in his dream world...

The geek lives in space...

The beauty lives alone...

& then they meet...

to fall in love...

Again...

---------

1.)  Your thoughts on the storyline?

2.)  Who can't you wait to see in this movie, Preity, Akshay or Salman?

3.)  "People will be pleasantly surprised when they see Shirish's film. It is a visual delight, the emotions are right. It has a very unique method of story telling and it is a romantic musical which the audience prefers in the festival season," said Sajid Nadiadwala.

What do you think?  Will people actually watch this movie in the theaters, will you?  Jaan-e-mann, is up againts some very hyped about movies, such as Don, and Umrao Jaan.  Do you think Jaan-e-mann actually stands a chance, againts Abhi, and SRK movies?

4.)  "I didn't mind spending 40 lakh on the promo of JAANE-E-MANN, because big things need big money. A quality product has to be marketed well. That is my commitment and belief in the film."

*And another bit of info--->this film is a 35 crore film.*

Any comments about the money, put after this film?  If it's successful, what do you think might make it successful?  The actors/actresses?

5.) Priety Zinta once said "JAAN-E-MANN is a universal entertainer. It will be enjoyed by a 4 year old to a 104 year old."

Any comments on her statement?

6.)  Yes, yes..I know this is not the music section, but anyways...just wanted to talk about the music/lyrics of this movie.  Have you heard the songs, do you like them?  Which one is your fave?

---

Well that's it guys.  But remember, you don't have to answer all of these ques, or any, for that matter.  They are just here to get the discussion started.

Regards,

Bolly Team,

Jem, Pachu and I. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ (I take extreme delight, in saying that.πŸ˜›)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
.) Your thoughts on the storyline?

i think that the storyline looks g00ddddd

2.) Who can't you wait to see in this movie, Preity, Akshay or Salman?

all three of themm πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

What do you think? Will people actually watch this movie in the theaters, will you? Jaan-e-mann, is up againts some very hyped about movies, such as Don, and Umrao Jaan. Do you think Jaan-e-mann actually stands a chance, againts Abhi, and SRK movies?

al of my friendz want to watch this movie...itz lookslike a family movie...and family movies alwayzz work...i will watch in the theatre for sure......i will watch don too...becuz my srk is in itt...i think itz will be a tough competition πŸ˜ƒ

Any comments about the money, put after this film? If it's successful, what do you think might make it successful? The actors/actresses?

the acting, music, and the storyline...if all r g00d...then the movie will be a hitttt πŸ˜‰

cant wait to watch this movieee

6.) Yes, yes..I know this is not the music section, but anyways...just wanted to talk about the music/lyrics of this movie. Have you heard the songs, do you like them? Which one is your fave?

i liked all of them...but Sau dard and Humko Maulam hai r my favorites πŸ˜›

awesomee topic Meghavi, Pachu and Jem di πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

luv
ayesha πŸ˜ƒ Edited by ayeshag - 17 years ago
Pachu.P thumbnail

I think that the story line is fresh, new n not tried b4!...if it is then some1 please tell me the movie which has similar storyline😳

All 3 of them!...their chemistry is gnna rock!!!

3.)  "People will be pleasantly surprised when they see Shirish's film. It is a visual delight, the emotions are right. It has a very unique method of story telling and it is a romantic musical which the audience prefers in the festival season," said Sajid Nadiadwala.

What do you think?  Will people actually watch this movie in the theaters, will you?  Jaan-e-mann, is up againts some very hyped about movies, such as Don, and Umrao Jaan.  Do you think Jaan-e-mann actually stands a chance, againts Abhi, and SRK movies?

I dunno about SRK Movies but it definately doesnt stand a chance against Abhi movies😳...i think people will definately go to theaters to watch it..it looks really intresting

4.)  "I didn't mind spending 40 lakh on the promo of JAANE-E-MANN, because big things need big money. A quality product has to be marketed well. That is my commitment and belief in the film."

Any comments about the money, put after this film?  If it's successful, what do you think might make it successful?  The actors/actresses?

I think any movie that is successful has to have a good script..u can have a "C" grade actors but ur script has to be powerful to bring audiences in theater

5.) Priety Zinta once said "JAAN-E-MANN is a universal entertainer. It will be enjoyed by a 4 year old to a 104 year old."

Only after watching the movie

6.)  Yes, yes..I know this is not the music section, but anyways...just wanted to talk about the music/lyrics of this movie.  Have you heard the songs, do you like them?  Which one is your fave?

Ooo man!..i love the songs...especially "Humko Maloom Hain" and "Jaanenge Jaane Naa"

meghavi thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Pachu*n*Abhi~

I think that the story line is fresh, new n not tried b4!...if it is then some1 please tell me the movie which has similar storyline😳

Really, you think this storyline is fresh?πŸ˜•  I mean...yah ok ..sure, maybe the part about students who were all in the same class/school once meet again, is new, but not really.  You remember Mujhse Dosti Karoge...??  It was kinda the same thing. 

It was where Hrithik's character...meets Kareen's character and Rani's character, after a long time.  They were together whn they were small, but Hrithik's character goes to another country..and then they all meet later on.  It's kinda the same thing.  KINDA.  Anyways, thanks for posting your views.

Umm..am I the only one?  I don't really think there is much to get excited about with story line.  It's a love triangle...big deal.  (These are just my thoughts.)

I will watch this movie for Preity.  I also think Akshay and Salman..are really good actors, but I will be watching it for Preity. 😊

I'm not sure, because ..hellowww it's DON!  And SRK has a HUGE fan base, and now so does Abhi.  It says "It has a very unique method of story telling."  Well I hope that's true..cuz I dun see anything unique in the storyline!

- If there is anything that will make this movie successful then I think it's gonna be the actors in the movie, and maybe the fact that it's going to release on festival time.

- I really, hope so ..Preity, I really hope so, because to see this movie flop would be a shamee!

I like, Jaane Ke Jaane Na...I think it's catchy. 😊

Edited by meghavi - 17 years ago
~LiNa~ thumbnail

The storyline is a bit common tho but i guess it has a new kinda spark in it if u know what i mean...

I like the storyline because its soemhting different from nowadays quarrels n fightings which is quite common in movies these days. Quite rarely u get to see sucha  mvoies.

i can't wait to see Preity n Akshay!!😳

I loved thier pair in the movie Sangharsh n now they are coming back again in Jaan-e-Mann! Altho preity n salman are also not bad....but mostly its Preity! Cuz she's so pretty!πŸ˜†

Slim...chances are very slim of Jaan-e-Mann making it big as opposed to the movies mentioned above. Chances a re slim but its not impossible! Sure SRK may have a bigger fan group than Salman or Akshy but acting is acting. Ppl should not go for favroutism but for the acting n the storyline. And even if you go by that... I'm sure most ppl would see Umrao Jaan n Don over Jaan-e-Mann anyday! But because Jaan-e-Mann has Preity Zinta in it...the actress who is loved by a lot of ppl...it just might earn a lot of fans n profits! It just might.

Hmm...Sajid Nadiadwala has definitely put in a alot of thought before forking out such a huge amt. So perhaps he would know exactly how this film would do. Personally, i feel that for a movie to be very successful one needs to make the promos n the movie very lavish n attractive. Take movies like KANK for example. Thye spent een more n they earned even more in the end. So i guess if the director n producer has the money and can afford to spend so much, then i guess u can't possibly doubt their decision because afterall they obviously know more a alot abt this stuff than any of us here.

I would have to say tht i kind of agree to her statement because it is true, don't you think so? Such a astoryline would be enjoyed by ppl from any age group! So yes, it is a universal entertainer!

I have heard most of the songs but i like Humko Maloom Hai Ishq Masoom Hai Dil Se Hojati Hai Ghalatiyaan Sabse Ishq Mehroom Hai!πŸ˜†Ok so im basically singing the song here...πŸ˜†but you get the idea. I like Sau...Dard Hai...Sau Raahatein...Sab Mila Dil Nasheen...Ek Tu Hi Nahiiiiiiiiiin!πŸ˜†I basically love these two songs from here, Jaane Ke Jaane Na is alright...nothing really grt abt tht but the toehr two songs mentioned above are the best!!😳

kisnakiradha thumbnail
ok, will get back to this later πŸ˜ƒ

but

i cant wait for this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKSHAY KUMAR ROX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lilyrosey thumbnail

Its an interesting storyline, i mean yes its a love triangle with a geek, rockstar and a beauty, but the promos are interesting, they don't really reveal too much and looks good 😳

I will be watching the film for all three, Salman and Akshay, their chemistry like in Mujhse Shaadi Karogi πŸ˜† and ofcourse Preity who really shined in KANK, so it will be nice to see her in this film.

This movie, I might watch it in the theaters, but its not making me jump up and down πŸ˜† like DON, which I'll definitely be watching in theaters and seeing SRK 😳. Also, Abhi is a great actor too, so Jaan-e-mann might not bring in as much people as Don, but maybe it will.

I think this movie will be successful for the actors, I mean Salman, Akshay and Preity are really good actors and people like to see them.

I hope this movie does well and appeals to all the audiences, it looks like a nice film and I want to see it.

I like the songs, but my fav would be humko maloom hai 😳