Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Farida Jalal reacts to being roasted without consent

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

It's embarrassing...'

Click here to enlarge image

... says Farida Jalal, who was one of the few made fun of without consent in the now controversial AIB video

ALL India Backchod ( AIB) Knockout Roast featuring Arjun Kapoor and Ranveer Singh has been embroiled in controversies ever since it aired on YouTube a week ago. The latest being Maharashtra Chief Minister, Devendra Fadnavis's comment which states that action will be taken if AIB roast is found vulgar and not in accordance with the law.

Now, with the mounting pressure, AIB had pulled out the controversial video. The team tweeted: Have taken down AIB Knockout for now. We will speak soon.

While the knockout took digs at many celebrities such as Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt, Anurag Kashyap, Sonakshi Sinha and Sanjay Kapoor among others, with their consent there were many who weren't spoken to.

One such actress was Farida Jalal.

Comedian Ashish Shakya had said: You know Karan, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai is Ranveer's favourite film. Even now when he watches the movie, he has to reach for tissues because he is the only guy who can jerk off to Farida Jalal.

When we contacted Farida Jalal, she says, " I saw a bit of it and then

didn't watch it further. Naturally people do not like it because it's not our culture. What do I say about those kids? All I can say is god bless them. I don't know if they poked fun at me because I didn't watch the entire show or was there something else. No one told me either." She adds, " But if they said what you are telling me then it's quite embarrassing and no they didn't take my consent." Sonam Kapoor, who was also taken a dig at, remained unavailable for comment, but when the actress was asked for her reaction, at a book launch on Tuesday she said, " I haven't had the time to watch AIB knock out till now." A source close to Sridevi revealed that she hasn't seen the show either as she is in Chennai shooting for a film.

" Sridevi is shooting, so she hasn't seen the show till now. Also she doesn't like commenting on such things." AIB is a comedy collective run by Tanmay Bhat, Ashish Shakya, Rohan Joshi and Gursimran Khamba. The roast panel on the day also included stand- up comics Aditi Mittal and Abish Mathew, film critic Rajeev Masand and former Roadies judge Raghu Ram. The show raised about R 40 lakh which was donated to various charities, including Salman Khan's Being Human.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Time for Blue Ice ji to go "Told you so"
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

blue-ice favourite subject after BOI...😆

SarunArshiIpk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Farida Jalal shud not have been included in all this. There was no need
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
You don't have my CONSENT to roast me ...Preep ji and Kabira...so beware😈
Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Feel sorry for farida ji. Imagine her husband n children's feeling after watching or hearing such disgusted comments about their lovely wife or mom.still faridaji maintained dignity.
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: blue-ice

You don't have my CONSENT to roast me ...Preep ji and Kabira...so beware😈

but we can roast u on this CONTEXT🤣with no INTENT...
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: fivestars

but we can roast u on this CONTEXT🤣with no INTENT...

Kis context mein?? 😆Farida Jalal ke context mein?? arre to guess that Farida Jalal must be upset about that joke was no rocket science ...just plain common sense...issmein kya roast karoge aap?😆
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
BI ji ka fav topic hain ab AIB Roast. 😆
fitoori_kudi thumbnail
they donated the raised money to being human & they accepted it??😳