Luv-Kush identical or fraternal twins?

Stalwart. thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Are Luv Kush identical twins or fraternal twins? I had this doubt for a long time, can anybody clear?

In some mytho movies and serials they were shown as fraternal twins.

Lakshman & Shatrughna also happen to be twins from the same family. May be they were fraternal because I remember watching Kaushalya & Kakeyi sharing kheer with Sumithra. So one from Ram's side and the other from Bharat's side.

What do you think about it in the case of Luv-Kush?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maverick_me thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Its said in Ramayana of Valmiki that Lav kush looked like as though Rama had divided himself into two ! Yugal Jodi
So they were identical twins
RS Ramayan too adds a dialogue saying the same
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
It never mentions anywhere whether Luv-Kush and Lakshman-Shatrughan were identical or fraternal twins, but most shows and movies show them as fraternal.
Maverick_me thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
In Balkand when Lav-Kush sing glories of Rama, citizens of Ayodhya are wondering as to who these children were..they looked like princes but are wearing deer-skins, they look as though Rama has divided himself into two! Which meant they looked same
I don't think Bhagwan Valmiki could have written clearer than this, however we don't find references that Lakshman-Shatru pair were identical twins.
Plus serial or movie makers will not pay much attention to this ; they've to find a pair of identical twins and who can act! Also it hardly matters in case of L-S pair
In serial Jai Hanuman by Sanjay Khan; Lav Kush pair was played by identical twins

Edited by Maverick_me - 9 years ago
Stalwart. thumbnail

Thanks for the info. ðŸ˜Š
Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
i've seen in one of the films (not sure as it was long ago) that after sita maa was banished and gave birth to the kids, i think it was hanuman ji who visited sita maa and saw rama bhagwan in both of the kids when neither knew one's identity...i think hanuman immediately recognized both of lord rama's kids so i'm assuming them to be identical...
aparupanath thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
😊luv-kush were fraternal twins. and regarding hanumanji seeing Ramchandra in both of them,were because both of them were  Ram's son.