Vidarth SS: The Gift. Chapter 5 updated

inkstainedheart thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Hi people
For those who don't know me, I am Dia.
This story is my first attempt at a longer piece of Fanart.
Criticism, suggestions and flames are all accepted.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Gift is a Short Story inspired by a random idea brainstorming session I had with Ash (Burn_The_Ashes). The idea stuck and here I am, presenting an slightly cliche tale.
It will have roughly 10 Chapters and an epilogue. This story is dedicated to her and also Gudakesha whose amazing works are a source of inspiration!
(Banner by Amazing Aimy)
This story can also be found on wattpad soon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fandom: Sadda Haq.
Genre: Dark Romance.
Rating: T
Ship: Vidarth.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gift 
Plot/ Teaser:
He's hated birthdays ever since he turned Eighteen.
Every present he has unwrapped is like reopening an old, half healed wound.
Every birthday song a dull thudding parody of a voice that pushed him away.
And then.
10 years later.
Parth  receives the gift of a life time.

Her.

Edited by inkstainedheart - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

INDEX

1. Special Delivery   pg 1
2. Introductions         pg 2
3. Promises               pg 3
4. Flames                  pg 4
5. Communication  pg  5
Edited by inkstainedheart - 8 years ago
1. Special Delivery

Pain.
He clutched his throbbing head and clenched his eyes shut at the assault the sunshine was offering his eyes. The result was a sharper pain behind his head as his eyes saw vivid orange behind his lids.
Burning.
Blazing.
Bright.
Orange.
"Oh crap"
It was like someone had poured molten heat into his eyes and he could take it no more, atleast not with the colosal headache that was haunting him, pounding pain, hammering on his skull like it was a bloody drum and not a body part.
"Uh..hell. Left the bloody curtains open again. No problem though...Know how to fix this." he mumbled, pulling the soft duvet over his head.
The crimson faded into shade and he let out a relieved sigh.
He shouldn't have drunk.
 He shouldn't have drunk that much last night.
And now Karma, being the second biggest bitch in his life, the hangover he was facing now was going to let him know he shouldn't have gone into the bar last night.
The harsh buzz of his doorbell rang louder than he remembered.
A groan escaped his lips.
"Bloody hell."
The buzzing noise stopped.
'Well, atleast I have the butler for this' He sighed in relief. 
The throbbing had slowed down.
"OOO..." 
"OOO..."
"You know you love me, I know you care"
With that sound polluting the air, he could no longer try to remain still.
"Shout whenever,And I'll be there."
He was out of the bed like a bullet out of a gun, wincing when the cold air hit his bare torso.
"DAMN You Randhir. This is not Funny." he hissed under his breath.
Undeterred, he sprinted as fast as he could to pick up his cell phone, which was belting out Justin Bieber's song Baby on full volume.
He desperately pushed the answer button. 
"Hello?" He asked, his voice a little gruff.
"Hey man, Happy birthday!" a cocky voice greeted him on the other end.
Shaking his head, Parth sighed "That was yesterday Rehaan."
"Doesn't matter. All I know is that you will enjoy the gift I picked out for you." a chuckle from the other end made Parth inwardly groan. Rehaan was his best friend's step brother, and he had a sick sense of humour. 
"Don't worry, this time it is not a stripper...I know you are a traditional guy...so this gift is a little more...shall we say...permanent?" Rehaan's tone had become teasing and Parth winced.
"Hold up...Permanent? What did you do Rehaan Bajjaj?" Parth tried his best to keep the anger out of his voice. 
"You can thank me later. Oh...and make sure to...look presentable" the sentence was punctuated by an amused laugh. Rehaan was always calling Parth out on the fact that the latter never completely buttoned his shirts.  Like the pot calling the kettle black, Rehaan was the king of vain.
The phone line went dead before Parth could retaliate.
"Bloody Motherf...Crap can't say that...Bloody asshole Rehaan." Parth shook his head and went to his Ringtone settings.
"F**k you too RD, F**k you very much. Next time I am changing your ringtone to a whiny teenager crying about her heartbreak." Parth put his ringtone to the default one.
That being done, he was ready to crawl back into the comfort of his bed.
Knock. Knock. Knock.
"Sir?" 
Supressing a groan, Parth pulled on the Tshirt lying on his bed and opened the door.
Wilhem, the butler stood with a strange look on his worn face.
"What is it Willy?" Parth frowned.
"There is a...package...waiting for you, sent by the young mister Bajjaj." Wilhem's blue eyes were unblinking and cold, and Parth couldn't help but feel something was off.
"What package?"Parth asked, picking up a glass from the bedside table and taking a long sip to soothe his throat.
"I think you better take a look at it yourself Sir." Wilhem shook his head slightly.
"Can't it wait?" Parth finally sighed. Rehaan's so called enjoyment inducing presents were a torment. 
"I think it's best if you...Freshen up and come down to the sitting room immediately Sir" Wilhem's strange stare was still focused on him and Parth couldn't help but nod.
"Good. Then I shall have the breakfast brought to the sitting room itself." Wilhem made a low bow and walked out, shutting the door smartly behing him.
Baffled, Parth walked to his bathroom and took a look at his unshaved, tired face. 
He looked like hell, with his slightly bloodshot dark brown eyes.
He splashed cold water on his face and wiped it off.
Better. The face in the mirror looked presentable.
He brushed his teeth, getting rid of the metallic taste on his tongue a big relief to his senses.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sitting room was furnished in modest white and dark wood, hungry eyes taking in the granduer, the curve of pink lips expressing approval. She longed to run a hand over the marble statue in the corner, but restrained herself. 
'Well behaved, demure, obedient.' she repeated under her breath, fear creeping into her heart, her breathing laboured. Tears threatened to ruin the brave front she wanted to show as scenarios popped up in her head. What if 'He' was ugly? What if he hit her? What if he decided he didn't want her? What if he sent her back to that hell? 
"In there Sir" she heard a voice and approaching footsteps. That snotty penguin of a butler. He had almost slammed the door in her face.
Footsteps. And from the sound of it, just one pair of feet.
Her breath hitched. This was it. 
The door opened and she stood up, ready to greet him, head lowered as instructed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A woman.
She was standing in the centre of the room, her face not visible to him, her long hair shielding it from his view. Dark, long, straight hair falling to her sides.
Clad in white, contrasting with her dusky skin, the cut of the dress showing off her curves, her small hands infront of her, clutching a envelope.
Rehaan had gone and got him another woman.
Permanent he had said.
Parth cleared his throat and watched her stiffen in shock.
Maybe it was the alcohol, but Parth couldn't help the chuckle that escaped him.
"Look up" he ordered, feeling an urge to yell when the woman did not comply.
Taking a couple of steps toward the woman, he put his hand under her chin to jerk her face up.
Dark brown, big eyes.
F**king familiar eyes that had haunted his adolescent dreams and then his adult fantasies
Pink lips parted in a frown as their owner registered the face infront of him.
Oh yes. It was her.
"Whoring now are we?" a humorless smirk twisted his lips.
The woman in front of him cringed and held out the envelope.
Snatching the thing out of her small, cursed hands, Parth ripped it open.
A brief letter from Rehaan explained everything. Sneaky bas***d Rehaan. But for one, Parth did not mind the gift he had been given. He would send the rat a nice thank you note later. But for now, he had to welcome her.
"Well, well, lets look at you shall we?" he whispered, walking around her in a circle, admiring her from every angle he  could see.
Her long black hair had reached the small of her back, her dress was clinging to her like a glove to a hand, her lips were full and her eyes trying not to betray her fear.
But he could almost smell it on her, and it made him feel a little happier.
"Hmm...you will do." Parth pulled her against him, her small body stiffening against his.
"Please..I'll be good...I'll do whatever you wish of me, just don't send me back Sir." The formal address made him shake his head.
"There is no need to be formal. You will be my wife, and I want you to call me by my name." he moved his hand into her hair, feeling the silkiness against his skin. "Parth Saxena. Your husband to be, just like we promised each other years ago, remember?"
"P...Parth?" she gulped, her eyes wide in fear. "But...I have never met a Parth Saxena before." she shook her head.

"That was a lifetime ago when we meet, love." Parth pulled her head back "When you dreamed of being Vidushi Kashyup."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SheWantsFanfic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Res
Bloody hell. 
Concept twist kiya tune! 
PhoenixRadar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Ola Dia! Yeah, I read your name in the DT!
Happy New Year! 
Great way to start the year, and am glad your cousin forced you to put up your work!!

Wow!! You know Ashu?!?!? Aha!!!! That is sooo cool!!! 🤣
I am Ananya/Annie! :D
PhoenixRadar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Excuse me?!
Okay. Now am confused!
What the hell is going on?
And I loved the way you described his morning, to the phone call from RD's step bro, Rehaan, to his cussing (which I love making Parth in my own stories do, by the way! *wink*) to this sudden butler introduction!
Well well well! I could make out he is rich now.. But why the hell did he change his surname to 'Saxena'? 

And why on earth did Wilhem aka Willy look so cold and unblinking, eh? XP

So, Rehaan has a record for sending Parth 'girls' for his birthdays, eh! I could make out with the way Parth was addressing Rehaan's gift giving and the way the latter named his latest present a 'permanent' one. 😆

Woaho! What is Vidushi doing here anyway? I mean how did she end being sent to this house (Parth's house) from whatever hell she is talking about?

How many years has passed? Oh man, so many questions!!

You have got to upload the story soon, yaar!

Annie
aimyx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Now! What can I say girl??This is too good.
Interesting and intriguing.
What is meant by a life time? Have they taken rebirths? And dreaming of being Vidushi Kashyap?? Matlab she din't become Vidushi Kashyap?
Do Parth have any super natural powers??How did Rehan know Vidushi is going to be a permanent gift?? How did his name become saxena.? Kashyap was better(;))
When will you be posting the next chapter..?? Hehe!

Edited by aimy. - 9 years ago
AnkitGuptaKiAC thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
nice one ...

Parth saxena...cool...

but story has so..much layers ...

post next part soon ...

btw i m Jas
Happy_hippy thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow, this is nice,.really good...the plot seems interesting..
Eh, Parth knows Vidu?? His surname is saxena..wat happened to kashyap..? Good one..keep writing..update soon..
-SREE93- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
This is so interesting dear
bt hw parth became parth saxena
and the gift frm rehaan superb
continue soon dear