Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZAHARA. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: ..Labyrinth..

Yeah. Idk, I guess we got super attached to our neighbours back in the 90's. πŸ˜†

Most annoying thing in the world. Agreed.

I really want to be close to my neighbours. And by close I mean knowing their name and not feeling awkward when saying hi.

Like we know our neighbour on the left; elderly woman who lives alone. We share a driveway but she's wayy too cool (and old) to use it so she told my dad to use it or whatever.  She was hospitalised few weeks back and dad visited her. she got so happy becuse she says she has no one.

aw.

She does give us chocolates though :D
ZAHARA. thumbnail
The worst thing is when IF says "srry you've already written something and don't spam" etc etc.

and I'm like whuuut? I just wrote ONE thing?

And then realised that IF was just being stupid and my post did get sent through even after that spam message.

ohsehun. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ZAHARA.

I have a radio rage ad, most specifically gospel music. UM what?

hahaha I forgot VD is round the corner. Not that I care. It's just another day for me. It's too overrated. πŸ˜†

Oh Wattpad. Yeah you're right, there's a few really good stories under a lot of angst. Like a little angst is good but I get so turned off a story when there's stupid teenage angst. 

But then I hardly read fiction anymore. I was talking to the woman over the counter at Waterstones and we were discussing how growing up made our book tastes change. like fiction was such a child and before exam thing to do, and now it's just something we do when we have time. I'd rather read something real like non-fiction accounts on a history of time than read about frikken vampires. 

Like that's just me, and Uni where I have to read on say Victorian Literature. But I'm actually enjoying it now. I like reading about Victorian society :)

I have a BIG HERO 6 AD. WOOO. I LOVE THIS DAMN MOVIE. Okay, so mostly I felt like crying when I was watching it and I was so conflicted between laughing and crying because this movie...this stupid, stupid movie kept jerking my emotions around. And, oh god. *rant over*

Yeah, same. I never give a shit about it, because - I mean - it's just any other day of the year. Except that one of my younger cousin's birthday is on Valentine's Day so we celebrate that and then I might watch a Harry Potter movie or something.

Victorian Lit? Awesomeness. What does that entail? 

I just want to have a day where I don't have so much shit to do and I can just sit and read a damn book. 

Stupid teenage angst stories are the worst kind. And I'm a teenager, but god, some of the things you see out there. *shudder*

Although, besides that, I'm pretty much masochistic.
ohsehun. thumbnail
No one wants to read about Vampires to be honest. πŸ˜›

Unless it's about Vampires who make self-deprecating and sarcastic comments but are just there in the background.

IMP: Attention To All Writers!

So the beta reading team is in action!

We know that there are a lot of brilliant writers here on IF who write all kinds of excellent fiction from original fiction to fanfiction. And sometimes they may not have the time to go back and check their writing to edit, but they may want to post their updates early on, so this is where beta readers come in handy.

Writers can submit a chapter and/or a one shot before posting, by PM for an edit to the account: FF_Writer

Editing can take up to a week. We do have some guidelines, which you can read here
but essentially, we will take almost any fic with a good grasp of grammar.

Bear in mind that Beta Readers are only there to make your life easier when writing, not for critiquing your every decision. We aren't here to dictate what you do with your story, but to edit and provide suggestions. Even the most professionals of writers need editors, and beta readers are just a fancy term for that. So if you want feedback with your story before posting, what better way is there than to send in your works for feedback for a second opinion? It is always the better option.

"The fact is, we spend so much time on our own manuscripts that we can't see them objectively no matter how diligently we self-edit." - Belinda Pollard.

Let's just sum it up with this wonderful all encompassing explanation from Wiki of what, essentially, a beta reader's purpose is.

1. Beta readers are not explicitly proofreaders or editors, but can serve in that context.

Elements highlighted by beta readers encompass things such as plot holes, problems with

continuity, characterisation or believability; in fiction and non-fiction, the beta might also

assist the author with fact-checking.

(PSST, hint, it just means writers + beta read fic = brilliant fic πŸ˜†)

So this your reminder that this is a thing that exists! It is available to everyone,  and if you would like to send in your fics for proofreading, please do send it to this ID: FF_Writer

If you have any questions to ask, please ask us! We look forward to receiving your entries.

Cheers,

The Beta Reading Team.

Edited by labyrinth. - 8 years ago
ohsehun. thumbnail
'Like, yes. I suck blood to survive. But you know that there's nothing to be said for you, because can't even get into the idea of drinking your blood.'

ZAHARA. thumbnail

I have a BIG HERO 6 AD. WOOO. I LOVE THIS DAMN MOVIE. Okay, so mostly I felt like crying when I was watching it and I was so conflicted between laughing and crying because this movie...this stupid, stupid movie kept jerking my emotions around. And, oh god. *rant over*

Yeah, same. I never give a shit about it, because - I mean - it's just any other day of the year. Except that one of my younger cousin's birthday is on Valentine's Day so we celebrate that and then I might watch a Harry Potter movie or something.

Victorian Lit? Awesomeness. What does that entail? 

I just want to have a day where I don't have so much shit to do and I can just sit and read a damn book. 

Stupid teenage angst stories are the worst kind. And I'm a teenager, but god, some of the things you see out there. *shudder*

Although, besides that, I'm pretty much masochistic.

*waiting for my ad to load*

it's a constipation ad omg hahahaahahaha

Yeah I've never heard of that movie :P

well... it's pretty much like victorian writers like charles dickens for example, and you have to read many poems and novels and do an analysis. Meh.

OH LOL. Whenever I see stereotypical shit happening on tv I just roll my eyes and say out loud "of course"

like we were watching shastri sisters or whatever crap and the dad got a heartattack because the daughter loved this other guy and I'm just like "of course you would have a heart attack and force your daughter to get away from the guy" 

OF COURSE
ZAHARA. thumbnail

No one wants to read about Vampires to be honest. πŸ˜›

Unless it's about Vampires who make self-deprecating and sarcastic comments but are just there in the background.

Hahaha. I find vampires always with the same old twilight crap. 

LIKE can we have a badass vampire like Damon from TVD. I may hate that show, but Damon just kicks ass. Except when it comes to whatsherface elena. Then it's boring.
ohsehun. thumbnail

*waiting for my ad to load*

it's a constipation ad omg hahahaahahaha

Yeah I've never heard of that movie :P

well... it's pretty much like victorian writers like charles dickens for example, and you have to read many poems and novels and do an analysis. Meh.

OH LOL. Whenever I see stereotypical shit happening on tv I just roll my eyes and say out loud "of course"

like we were watching shastri sisters or whatever crap and the dad got a heartattack because the daughter loved this other guy and I'm just like "of course you would have a heart attack and force your daughter to get away from the guy" 

OF COURSE

Hahaha. yeah, I have a 'cartoon yourself' ad. 

DUDE. SERIOUSLY. How long have you been under a rock. 

Wait, I'll post the trailer in a bit.

I was actually going to cite charles dickens as an example.

speaking of english, I'm basically being made to a lit exam all over again, despite finishing all of my english exams and basically finishing english, just because doesn't know what to do with us. assholes.

everything happening on indian shows is just super convenient, man.

believe it or not, I've started watching that new show on colours, and it is so good.

(and I'm really invested in the kid, because he played that kid in mahakumbh as well, as he does kick-ass acrobatics and he's sassy af in this, whereas in mk, he was this quiet dude, who did cool stuff)

I always knew I preferred those historical type shows.
ohsehun. thumbnail

Hahaha. I find vampires always with the same old twilight crap. 

LIKE can we have a badass vampire like Damon from TVD. I may hate that show, but Damon just kicks ass. Except when it comes to whatsherface elena. Then it's boring.

tvd is boring af.

damon is awesome though, that sassy shit. β˜ΊοΈ

god, I loathe twilight.

although I am coming to terms with dealing with it better. I've also discovered a new love for kristen stewart. 
Edited by ..Labyrinth.. - 9 years ago
ohsehun. thumbnail
here 

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=z3biFxZIJOQ[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by ..Labyrinth.. - 9 years ago