MG OS: WHATS THE SURPRISE???

rashi_jain thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Hey all 🤗

This is the OS which I gave for OS competition

Hope u all liked it

I know that I wrote it in hurry so its not something really great and now I did not want to edit it

I am posting here so that all those who missed reading it, can do it now and those who thought it was nice, can enjoy reading it again 😊

WHAT'S THE SURPRISE???

The whole place was decorated beautifully with variety of flowers, ribbons and see-through material curtains. Small lights were hanging from ceiling giving the feel of stars shining in the sky while balloons were scattered on the floor at places giving the feel of clouds as the theme was blue and white. The gents in blue were looking ever so handsome whereas all the ladies were looking no less than angels in white colour dresses. It felt like someone had transported every soul present there to a place called heaven. The environment was very cozy with all the guests being close friends or family members. All were enjoying the party, with snacks and drinks flowing endlessly. The men were busy with their business talks whereas the ladies were drown into their gossip world. The hosts were entertaining all the guests but their eyes were continuously drifting towards the enterance, waiting for the two most important persons of their lives.

She had suddenly called them telling that her car broke down while coming from the parlour. She was alone on a deserted road with no driver with her. She also wasn't able to contact her parent who reached there just now. The party had just begun so they couldn't have gone to get her here, also they didn't wanted to send some driver to get her therefore, having no other option he had to leave for picking her up. The place she was at, it would have not taken more than half an hour for them to reach the venue. But it was more than an hour now, all the guests had arrived and still there was no sign of them reaching there.

Suddenly all the lights went dim and one door started sliding open, revealing another partition of the party hall which had a stage set up alongwith seating arrangements done. Even the hosts were surprised to see it as they had not planned anything like this. Moments later a voice came requesting everyone to get seated.

The stage too was dark and in between voices of so many confused souls, no one was able to recognize whom that voice belonged to. Once all were quiet and seated, they heard the voice again.

"I know all are confused about what's happening here. Even mom-dad I suppose are as confused as everyone here, right?"

Finally realization dawned upon them for who was acting as there BIG BOSS right now. And all answered him in unison with a big YES!!!

"So it seems that I was able to pull off this surprise successfully. Mom and dad, I had been planning this surprise for a month now as your 25th Anniversary gift. We gave it our best shot but right now I am feeling a little nervous. Hope you both like it. I know now you must be wondering now what do I mean by "we" here. Actually that phone call and car breakdown thing was all pre-planned. Geet was also there with me in this planning. When she called you guys, she had actually reached here. The phone call was like a signal for me to know that she's here."

"I think I've done a lot of story telling and now its time for your surprise. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad."

Everyone got excited with the announcement and started clapping with enthusiasm. Mr & Mrs. Khurana were waiting eagerly for his surprise with 1000 watt smiles on their faces.

{Yaa maula...Yaaa maula...}

One by one two spot lights came on the stage revealing maan and geet looking breath-takingly amazing in his parents' wedding dress.

As the music started, the background slowly started illuminating with a very serene and heavenly look.  

Mere hath main tera hath ho, sari jannaten mere sath ho...

Maan forwarded his hand towards geet while she slipped hers very elegantly in his, twirling into him and their hands rested on her waist. Something was very different today, she felt tingling sensation when he touched her.

She then turned in his embrace, facing him and dips her head backwards and maan pulled her back. She saw his eyes for a split second which were speaking volumes that she couldn't comprehend.

Tu jo pas ho phir kya ye jahan, tere pyar main ho jau fanaa...

She tries to go away, but he stops holding her hand, bringing her in his embrace such that her back is glued to his chest. Connecting their hands and moving them to form a circle towards the ceiling.

Geet recollects her steps and comes behind Maan tracing his right hand moving towards left as he stands opening them towards the audience. Holding his one hand she bends towards her left, moving her free hand in circular motion.

Tu jo pas ho phir kya ye jahan, tere pyar main ho jau fanaa...

Coming back to standing position she places her palm on his cheeks, holding his nape she again bends backward. His eyes were so intense that made her stomach churn in anticipation.

He pulls her back up possessively. She could feel unknown passion in his eyes, like he really meant those words but then the instant she thought it, she came out of the trance cursing herself for thinking too much of something that was impossible. Slowly they started moving back and then disappeared.

The spot lights too turned off, leaving everyone again in surprise, with the song continuing.

"Tere dil main meri saanso ko panaah mil jaye, tere ishq main meri jaan fanaa ho jaye."

Next moment a slide show starts with photos of Mr & Mrs Khurana. The first one was with Mrs Khurana's face on Mr Khurana's chest while hugging him and they both smiling.

Jitne paas hain khushboo saans ke, jitne paas hontho ke sargam,

Their pics in gardens when they went for holidays and some when they gifted each other flowers all arranged in a collage and then one pic where they were both singing when they went for some picnic.

Jaise sath hai karvat yaad ke, jaise sath bahon ke sangam,

Their pics were beautifully arranged since their first meet till the pre-marriage rituals and then there was a pic where both were hugging each other.

Jitne paas-paas khwabon ke nazar, utni paas tum rahna hamsafar...

Pics of the eyes of Mr & Mrs Khurana came then followed by  pics where they both were walking together hand in hand.

Tu jo paas ho fir kya ye jahan, tere pyar main ho jau fanaa...

Their marriage pics were arranged in a chronological order, starting from the reception of baraat, varmala, phere and then bidaai in collage like form.

Mere hath main tera hath main ho, saari jannaten Mere sath ho...

The slide show culminated with their honeymoon pics in Kashmir with the lines "Agar is dharti par jannat kahi hai to sirf yahi hai, yahi hai, yahi hai".

"Rone de aaj humko, tu aankhen sujane de, bahon main le le aur khud ko bheeg jane de,
hai seene main kaid dariya vo chooth jayega, hai itna dard ki tera daman bheeg jayega."

Suddenly it was the live streaming of Mr & Mrs Khurana that was being played on the stage with tears of happiness in his mother's eyes. She tried hiding her face in her husband's arms to which Mr Khurana chuckled enjoying it.

Jitne paas-paas dhadkan ke hain raaz, jitne paas boondon ke Badal...

Maan and Geet came back to the stage from opposite sides. They both took their positions with Geet's one hand resting on Maan's shoulder while his held her near the waist whereas both theirs one hand were into each others. They started swaying with the song.

Jaise saath-saath chanda ke hai raat, jitne paas naino ke kajal ...

Maan twirled her around in circles. Geet couldn't stop thinking about this sudden change in his behaviour.They had known each other ever since she remembers, they had been meeting almost everyday for a month, they had been practising this dance for almost a week now, still it felt so very different today.

Jitne paas-paas sagar ke lahar, utni paas tu rahna humsafar...

He again brought her close to him such that they were holding each other in almost hugging position they bent around making a circle with their heads.

Tu jo paas ho phir kya ye jahan, tere pyar main ho jau fanaa...

Maan went behind Geet walking his fingers on one of her hands and then he stood opening his hands a little behind her while she moved down shifting her weight side to side on his hands.

Mere haath main tera haath ho, sari jannaten Mere sath ho...

Maan made her stand up by holding her shoulders and slowly moved his arms on her arms , linking her hands with him. She shuddered at the feel of his hands gliding ever so sensuously over hers.

(Yaa maula...)

He lifted her up supporting her by their hands and she threw back her head finding it difficult to control herself around him. He was torchuring her to no ends today, she felt so vulnerable today with him touching her this way that she didn't knew what to do.

"
Adhuri saans thi, dhadkan adhuri thi, adhure hum,
magar ab chand pura hai falak par, aur ab pur hain hum..."

He slowly brought her down and stood with her hugging her from behind. As the song finished, they stood there lost in each other .

After few moments all the lights turned on bringing Maan and Geet  and everyone out of the magic that they had casted on them. Geet came out of the hug and stood separately feeling embarassed. There was a huge round of applause for them and Mrs Khurana sent flying kisses with tears of happiness in her eyes towards them making both smile ear to ear. Then Maan lifted in hand up to signal them to be silent as he wanted to continue to say something. Once it was little silent there, he started

"Mom-dad...how was it?"

They were so overwhelmed with the surprise that they couldn't say anything therefore they showed their both thumbs up indicating it to be a superb performance.

"You all are so happy with this only then I don't know what will happen when you see the actual surprise since the main surprise here is still remaining."

Everyone present there hooted for the actual surprise while Geet looked on at Maan feeling hurt. Here she was so happy thinking that what if he doesn't love her and never shows even any signs of it but he atleast considers her as his best friend and shares his every plan with her. She was happy just being the person closest to his heart if not the one living in it.

Today during the performance she was trying to ignore the way he was behaving with her but all that had given her first time any indication that maybe, just maybe he started seeing her differently but now it seems all this was just her imagination... the real surprise was about to come, all that was just a time pass. He doesn't even considers her as his friend else atleast he would have told her everything. She was really very angry on him for playing with her like this. She dragged him to a corner of the stage from where they wont be visible to others and bombarded him with her anger.

"What do you mean the main surprise is remaining? We had been planning for all this since last one month and today you are saying this isn't what you actually planned"?

Maan tried to say something but she didn't allow him to speak it up.

"There I was so excited when I came to know that I was the only one who knew about your surprise and here you surprised me only. I always thought I was your best friend but now it feels you don't even consider me as your friend, leave being best friends. For so many days you had been making a fool out me. I just wont ever talk to you. I..I..."

Maan pulled her in a jerk towards him, locking her in his arms and said "Chup, bilkul chup" very sternly that made Geet shut up instantly. He took her back to the stage.

" Attention everyone. Geet is angry with me since I didn't tell her anything about my next surprise. So I wanted to ask everyone present here what would have you done if that surprise was a surprise for her as well."

Geet was shocked as well as surprised to hear this and got even more confused thinking that why would he want to give a surprise to her on his parents' anniversary.

"Would you have told her or not?"

All shouted NO

"So what do you think, should I finally show you all the surprise?"

There was a big YES from everyone and suddenly there was a shower of rose petals where Geet was standing. Her mind had stopped functioning after so many things happening with her today. She was really very confused and that could be actually seen on her face too. Maan moved near Geet looking into her eyes.

"I know you are hell confused right now. Well I was too confused from a long time but then the day I realized what I feel for you, everything became crystal clear."

Taking her hands in his he said

" I always felt very differently about you, something that I never felt for anyone else, maybe that's the reason you were my best friend ever since we were kids. But it took me so long to realize actually what was that I felt for you."

He turned towards his mom-dad.

"One day I heard Mom talking to Dad that how much she wanted you to be a part of our family, to make you her bahu so that she could keep you with her forever. I don't know why but some part of me got really happy after listening this. I didn't knew why I felt so and therefore that was the day when I first time thought about us and our friendship seriously. It took me sometime to realize why I felt so but then I wanted to be 100% sure of my feelings and in the process I also realized that you too felt something about me. I don't know if am right or wrong, but I don't want to delay anymore to tell you what I feel for you. "

Geet felt that she would just collapse with all that Maan was saying. Here she was thinking that she is just like another person in his life, like the people who come and go from one's life without making any difference in it. But what all he said just now was totally opposite of what she had been thinking, making her head spin 360 degrees. He came in front of her, staring directly into her eyes with so much love that she felt her knees go weak. And then he said those magical words.

"I LOVE YOU GEET...Ilove you"

Tears gathered in her eyes and she hugged him instantly not wanting to hold herself back anymore and he hugged her back. After so many years of her yearning for him, he finally said those words that she had been dying to listen from his mouth. He had confessed his love in front of everyone, his family, her family, their whole world. She was feeling at the top of this world, she felt so lucky to finally have his love in her life. They had been so close yet so far from each other for so long that she didn't wanted that distance between them anymore and she too confessed her love for him still hugging him.

"I love you too Maan...I love you too."

Not coming out of the hug, they looked into each other's eyes. Their eyes were shining, glowing in happiness of getting their love reciprocated from the person who ruled their hearts and minds.

"I don't know when, how or where it happened but I just know that I had been loving you ever since the day I knew what love is. I didn't knew how you felt for me, so fearing your rejection and not wanting it to spoil our friendship I kept quite."

Hearing this Maan took her back in his embrace feeling overwhelmed with her love for him. He hugged her so tightly that even air couldn't pass between them. But soon they came out of the hug remembering where they were. Geet was blushing furiously and Maan was grinning like he won the world. Maan again moved towards his parents and said

"Since Geet too just now confessed her love to me and Mom since you too wanted Geet as your bahu, I think I we should not delay it anymore."

With that said Maan went down on his knees holding a beautiful diamond ring in his hands. Geet could not believe what was happening with her right today, she felt like she was  dreaming. It all felt like a fairy tale to her. She actually pinched herself to make her believe that all this was reality of her life, a beautiful reality,  garnering a chuckle from Maan.

"If you are done with your trying to believe all this is true then will you marry me Geet?"

" Will you pledge to make me the owner of your life and you being the owner of mine?"

" Will you promise me that from now on Meri zindagi ke har subah tum se shuru hogi aur har raat tum se khatam? "

Well she could not do much more than nodding with teary eyes while Maan got up and slided the ring in the finger that connected it to her heart, binding them in a relation which their love will only make stronger and stronger everyday.

He again turned towards his parents and said

"So now I think its time to end the surprises guys. So this was your biggest surprise Mom and Dad. Meet your to be daughter-in-law, Geet...Geet Maan Singh Khurana."

Maan and Geet looked at each other with their overflowing emotions. Both weren't able to say anything so they just stood there in silence, not taking their eyes off each other even for a second while the Khurana and Handa parents were sharing their happiness of turning from being best friends to relatives hugging and feeding sweets to each other discussing about the impending wedding that no one wanted to wait for any longer.

THE END

Edited by rashi_jain - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chavvi16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
awww that was the real surprise
making geet their bahu
no wonder he didnt tell her
completely ruined it would be right his surprise
now thats one surprise she cannot forget
suhaaana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
awesome is
liked it a lot
crazy_sweta thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
thank god u posted the link in writer group..or else I wouldn't have come across this awesome one shot .!!

this was a indeed surprise for geet..she ll never forget...

I really liked this cute one shot..do write more such one shots..!!!!

great job..!!
sumaiyariya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
lovlyyy os
maan n geet surprise their mom n dad ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜›
but maan surprise geet ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜‰
geet always chatter box lolzzz ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
sanghita0000 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awww...that was cute...loved it
6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Very beautiful OS...

thanks for pm...
sheetalvasa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Nice os!
Maan ne parents ke saath saath geet ko bhi surprise de diya!
Geet bhi maan ko pyaar karti thi par maan ki friendsheep khone ke dar se chup thi...
Khurana aur handa dono family khush hai...

khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
beautiful OS! well written!
Rajshree12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awww..such a lovelyyy OS..
Hehehe..Bechari Geet...surprise me Maan ki help kar rahi thi...but sabse bada surprise toh usse hi mil gaya..
Loved it..