Goenkas' insane love for Shaurya - An analysis

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
As the show is ending and many tracks are being resolved, once you look back the entire journey, you can make out why things were the way they were. It is a probable analysis. I might be wrong, but this is what I feel about Sakshi, Rajnath and even Suchitra blindly loving and defending Shaurya.
We know Sakshi and Rajnath had affair before marriage. I feel it is possible that Shaurya was a result of their affair. It is quite possible that Sakshi discovered she was pregnant with Rajnath's child and this also might have led her to blackmail Rajnath, marry him and take extreme step of killing Rehmat who had wanted to publish the proof that Sakshi got against Rajnath (that way the father of her child remains safe and she and her child get a better home and name).

FIRST BORN CHILD - The first born is always special whether it was born planned or unplanned. Becoming a parent is a life changing experience (good or bad but it has impact). Shaurya being the first child for both Sakshi and Rajnath got lion's share of attention. 
He might have elicited sleeping emotions in them. This is why they both first got teary eyed in this show only for him. 

For Sakshi, especially,  Shaurya is the only one who she can truly call her own. She had no family, no blood relations. Shaurya is hers, her blood, a part of her. He is the first one who was her own in her life. The one she related to herself and not as deception or compromise. Her attachment for Shaurya makes complete sense. 

For Rajnath, he was first child and first/only one who was not telling him to do anything. A baby is easier to cope with than a nagging wife, GF and a morally strict elder brother. He also probably saw himself in Shaurya this is why he pampered him to the hilt and still laughed at him in their affairs and debauchery.

MALE HEIR - Unfortunately power is still vested in males. Therefore families, expecially business and political families place extra premium on male heir. 
Shaurya was Sakshi and Rajnath's ticket to continue their hold on power in future also. 
Raj killed Arnab for property and freedom to build empire his way. Birth of a male heir must have made him happier and think power is here to stay with him.

ONLY CONNECTING LINK - between Rajnath and Sakshi. Otherwise they hated each other and felt betrayed. They still do. But the one who unites them is Shaurya and their concern for him.
Shaurya is a reason why Rajnath can still get to keep close to Sakshi and hope to win her favour and bet tapes (he wanted to use EB earlier to get tape). He is a reason for Sakshi due to which Rajnath has to be careful and deliberate in dealing with her instead of taking a harsh step against her for tape. 
Even now it is Shaurya's tape that Rajnath is using to blackmail Sakshi, yet he unites with her when it is about protecting their son in case he did commit another crime.

REPUTATION : Both Raj and Sakshi value public image. Especially Rajnath who always wants to give a certain impression of himself always. Saving Shaurya is their necessity for not only their wealth and power but also their image.

No wonder they have got into vicious cycle of scolding and warning yet saving him again and again.

BOTH Rajnath and Sakshi had no other innocent relationship in life with anyone so they probably kept indulging the child Shaurya all his life and even felt guilty after scolding him or got melted at his one smile or scream. 
This is why with excessive comforts and indulgence he became a monster who had bigtime entitlement complex and God complex!

Of course their constant infighting, fighting with world and bragging were also no good impressions for a growing child.

LIKENESS : The similarities that Shaurya shared with his parents and their interactions thanks to cover ups of crimes are another big reason why they all bond this much.

Kangana already had love and indulgence but less because of being second child, and a girl. I mean parents were so busy with first child that Kangana somehow didn't get that much attachment from them. They also send her off or keep a distance from her to hide harsh realities of their own selves from her. They would rather quarrel alone than let her know truth and shatter her image of loving parents and doting bhaiya. 

SUCHITRA'S defense of Shaurya: Suchitra basically is a meek woman who would rather keep believing all is well than form an opinion! Maybe she felt keeping good relations with Goenka couple was in her best interests now that Arnab was no more and her own child was still young. She must habe noticed their soft spot for Shaurya and kept good relations with Shaurya as a way to be in their good books too. She herself got readily fooled by smile of Rajnath and his bhabhi dialogues and smiles of Shaurya. And hence kept dismissing their behaviour as childish or naive. 

Maybe she ingrained in Dev also to treat Shaurya like a kid. Bachcha hai, chota bhai hai, nadaan hai rants. Also she too remained worried about family name, unity and reputation hence no words against Shaurya.

Shaurya is not to be defended or excused. It depends on individual also to handle himself. It is a shame he took advantage of weakness of his dear ones and still does. It is a shame he never realised value of love.
Sometimes love of a child can turn bad parents good and responsible. But he was not that kind of a child. 

The past and present complexities of parents resulted in near lethal love for a child that is destroying others and also their own family now.
Edited by atominis - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

natville25 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
First of all anu, i like the way u have analyzed sakshi and Rajnath's emotional , possessive love for shaurya . 👏 
True , the first child is quite special and in that a male heir is what most families look for . Sad , but harsh reality that even educated class prays for a male heir to continue their line .My granny just yesterday after watching a serial, said whatever male heir continues the line, it is the daughters who will stay with us till the end . The son's are no longer ours and only remember during property cases and stuff like that .This maybe true in a few cases. 

But, Shaurya was loved and pampered in a wrong way . If he is turned into a cold-blooded murderer and a rapist , imagine his childhood . He was definitely a bully in school. A bully who used power and name of his family to get work done. I do wonder if he dint go about beating his masters for not giving him the marks and teasing poor girls at school he wanted or rather must have seen his parents threaten and warn everyone of dire consequences if anyone failed to satisfy their son or caused him to be upset .  He must have been involved in lots of cases in juvenile and younger too , but all covered up by his fond parents . 

I Still feel disgusting thinking about Rajnath encouraging him in his bets and just warning him not to let it affect his business . 

Suchitra bought up her son well , but she failed to instill any values in shaurya . She could have tried it when he was young , as children grow up how they are bought up > But ,well suchi dint have a backbone then and she lived with so much of gratitude and doing pooja's in the name of her devar and devrani . 🤢

Edited by natville25 - 9 years ago
atominis thumbnail
I tweeted this to EHT guys and only Ayub Khan replied to me.
He liked it!😊

His reply:

@ayubnasirkhan wow! That's an incredibly indepth analysis

Now replying to you Natville25,

First of all thank you!😊

See the problem is that girl goes to other house and family and the property then gets out. It also gives opening for her husband to partake in that property and power equation.

Our entire  partriarchal setup is wrong.

This is why rich powerful families as well as poor put premium on male heir. Let's not forget how in past, kings used to bestow special powers to queens who bore them male heir.

Kangana is also kept away because she does not share likeness with the trio nor do they want her to share that likeness.

Shaurya indeed must have been a bully at school and gotten into scuffles with other kids and teachers too with his pride over - I am a Goenka! I am The Shaurya Goenka! You know who my dad is?

Such children take advantage of their parents' love for them. They easily know what buttons to press. And they know no matter what their parents will always support them. Their parents are their shields, ATM and they feed off them like parasites. 

They never realise their responsibilities. Nor feel like giving back to their parents same love or care.

Shaurya now has developed strange relationship with parents. He doesn't care. He lies at drop of a hat. He blackmails them. 

His parents have also started either twisting his mind or counter blackmailing him. They have seen scolding doesn't work on him. 

He has become an albatross around their neck. They can neither deal with him nor shake him off.

In their own emotional weakness and personal conflicts they failed to bring him up properly.

Suchitra knew she had to butter Shaurya and perhaps feared backlash from RajShi so she did not instil values. Plus Shaurya doesn't take her seriously either. One smile or sorry sorry and Suchitra melts!

Shaurya barks at his friends also. He is a sadist, enjoys others pain and enjoys the power he exerts on others. All he wants is to order others!

bangles thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
To add to your excellent analysis  atominis, Sakshi and Rajanth see Shaurya as an extension of themselves. To see  Shaurya as problematic and to tell him off is the same as being critical of  oneself. And to love Shaurya  is to love oneself. Also something that is theirs and created by them is nothing less than utterly lovable. The narcissistic  aspect of both parents is reflected in this insane love for Shaurya ( i.e., an insane love of oneself) which has created blind spots in their vision. 
Dolly-heart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Awesome analysis Anu.

I do agree that the first born in the family does get a lot of attention from not only their 
parents but all immediate family.  And there is nothing wrong in that.

But a parent that is close to their child when first notices some peculiarity in the child's
behaviour then it is up to those parents to not indulge that behaviour but to start taking responsibility to correct the deviant behaviour.

Shakshi would have been the first one to notice what Shaurya was turning into at a very young age and seeing where her child was going astray she choose to ignore it and
excuse it rather than to steer him in the right direction.

Rajnath in his own way did nothing to correct Shaurya's behaviour or Shakshi's parenting and so Rajnath also indulged Shaurya and so as a child it then becomes easy to learn to manipulate your parents knowing that you are their weakness.

No matter where and how a person has come up in life all that changes when you decide to become a parent.    This is when a different and difficult responsibility comes your way and  you hold in your care a future adult's that has  principles and values that will shape his adulthood.

We see Suchitra and her first offspring that has turned out to be very different.   This is due to Suchitra's caring and teaching her son Dev early that family and respect for them is essential.   She gave the same love to Shaurya too and believed that he also would turn out same as her son .   A naive belief.

After all the attention Shaurya got from everyone around him he still chose the wrong road to travel and learned very early to manipulate and use people.

I am sure Shakshi or Rajnath did not want a son to emulate them in being evil but because they always had excuses for their corrupt behaviour they kept overlooking Shaurya's behaviour and then ending up giving him more leeway to do as he pleased.

No matter how one looks at it,  if Shakshi and Rajnath at first sign noticed Shaurya's 
deviant and selfish behaviour it was their responsibility to change first their wrong doings and then set a better example on their child. 

Just being proud of the first son that will continue their lineage is not enough when you 
become a parent.    There is lot more to being a good parent than just providing food and shelter and just loving them with blinders on is not the way to do it.

No matter how we look at it both Rajnath and Sahkshi are awful role models as parents and maybe it was their upbringing or that Shaurya is just a genetic miscreant that would have turned out the way he is no matter what.

You said it well in your title the Goenka's and their INSANE love for Shaurya produced and INSANE son that turned out to be their downfall as parents.

atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: bangles

To add to your excellent analysis  atominis, Sakshi and Rajanth see Shaurya as an extension of themselves. To see  Shaurya as problematic and to tell him off is the same as being critical of  oneself. And to love Shaurya  is to love oneself. Also something that is theirs and created by them is nothing less than utterly lovable. The narcissistic  aspect of both parents is reflected in this insane love for Shaurya ( i.e., an insane love of oneself) which has created blind spots in their vision. 

Thank you and and great points!👏

That is why I mentioned likeness.

Indeed as you said,  pointing out Shaurya is like pointing out themselves. 

Therefore even if they scold him he doesn't bother. Neither do they feel like scolding him and Rajnath was laughing with him over betting and bedding girls.

Maybe they do secretly have that narcissistic aspect which makes them admire Shaurya for being their extension.

Goenkas have mostly benefitted from what they did and rarely paid for their misdeeds. Hence a lot of ego and self pride at their own planning, instincts and capabilites. 

Little surprise that they often end up smiling at what Shaurya does and rather scold him for not carrying out the criminal deed "smoothly"!

Kangana on other hand, makes them feel obligated to act a certain way to fit her notion of idealism and dreams. Her image of them makes them pressurised to live up to an ideal which they obviously don't fulfil. So they would rather avoid her or scold her for her own faults or smile and indulge her a bit than bond with her the way they bond with Shaurya who is nearly a partner in crime for them and not just a son!

atominis thumbnail
@Dolly
Thank you.😊

Look I am not defending them or absolving them of their responsibilities as parents.

This is why I called it "insane love".

The problem here is Sakshi and Rajnath's own constant personal wars. And their own obsession with power.

They were too busy defending themselves from each other, fighting over tapes, forcing, blackmailing, cheating,  deceiving each other to focus on upbringing of kids! 

Then they were too busy cleaning up past and new crimes, expanding and exercising their hold and power over home, business and city than focus on kids. 

For such parents kids are just timepass. They keep indulging them till one day they realise kids are not kids but grew into adults who are now capable of being dangerous!

I know a rich relative who calls his daughter his toy (lovingly! ) and keeps playing with her, indulges her to hilt and doesn't even like her mother scold her. What scold? He didn't even want her to tell her basic things like toilet training and said girl will learn by herself amd there was no need to pressurise her!😲 

That is when things go totally wrong. 

When parents don't respect each other and don't agree with each other, when they are themselves feeling guilty or in doubt about their decisions as parents, then child is never going to take them seriously. 

Sakshi's scolding gets neutralised as Rajnath later laughs on same subject with son and she herself feels guilty and starts saying sorry beta! And Rajnath saying anything makes no impact as he himself is hiding scandals from son or asking him to shut up.

They are the worst role models.

Actually worst ones to become parents because of their entire individual and collective baggage.

They should have disciplined him. But they instead behaved like King Dhritrashtra and blindly kept fighting for son, defending him and killing all and sundry for him.

Their own lack of empathy and lack of social grace is a reason why they never pointed out same in Shaurya. If all they point out, then it is only because crime was committed recklessly or he did not pretend properly!🤢

Maybe they think they got powerful this twisted way so being a Shaurya but a "tactful" Shaurya is the only way power can still be with them?

They have no firmness as parents. Easily get weakened by drama of Shaurya. Both didn't realise his suicide attempt was fake!😡

Shaurya knows image is their weakness so he takes advantage of this and thinks if not for him, they will atleast defend him for their image!

Had they been morally uptight and made it clear that certain things will not be tolerated no matter what, then this day wouldn't have come. 

I feel all they wanted was power and its exercise. Parenting, love etc are sidetracks for them. Defending Shaurya is tedious for them but even that gives them chance to exert power in defense, so they go ahead.

Crazy couple always thinking of better ways to twist than take a straight path!

I bet they didn't let his teachers punish him either and must have shouted "We are the Goenkas!", at PTA meetings too if they attended them!

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
goenkas r self lovers n they see themselves in shaurya. like vampire r draculas make another being as their successor to carry their legacy like tat vampire/dracula wala love of d vampires/draculas in human forms oops goenkas lol.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful analysis Anu. Loved it to the core. Just adding some points from my side. I completely agree to your point that first born is very special. Being the first born in my family as well as in my generation I know what it means to be a first born. Irrespective of being a girl I was pampered to the hilt. I know that. If mom scolded there were uncles to take me out or grandma to tell don't scold her.😆😆😆

There will be someone in the family behind you can hide if you fear punishment. Enough people to defend you. But on one hand when they pampered me, expectations from me were also huge. Burden of expectations I would say. From studies to marriage to everything everyone had expectations for me. Sakshi and Rajnath also I guess had expectations from Shaurya. But I feel they never made him accountable and responsible for that expectation whereas my parents and my relatives made me accountable for that expectation. I could see pride in their eyes even in my small victory and I wanted to make them more proud. In a way I would say I always wanted my parents, uncles, aunties everyone who loved me to be always proud of me.

Raj and Sakshi were so much hogging the limelight that Shaurya was always Rajnath's son not vica versa. Shaurya's identity was always linked to Rajnath and Goenka. He had nothing of his own. Without Rajnath and Goenka tag Shaurya is nothing. He doesn't have any talent, any capability and cannot survive on his own. If Raj and Sakshi had invested their time in creating Shaurya's identity right way he might not have been known as their child, but they would have been known as Shaurya's parents for all the right reasons.

In other words parents should know 20 years down the lane how they want to see themselves. Whether the proud parents of the child, I mean for that the parents have to let go of their ego of their identity or they want the child to be known with their identity. The choice the parent makes will decide how the child will turn out to be.

Suchitra made the first choice with Dev. She was happy to be known as Dev's mother, that's why she always instilled Arnab's dream into him so that the child always wants to make both parents proud.
She might have tried that with Shaurya also. But then she is weak and neither Sakshi nor Rajnath would have tried to put a vision in Shaurya's head. But to be true how do you expect 2 people who came together for hiding a criminal act and only think about money,power and status to have vision.

natville25 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

I tweeted this to EHT guys and only Ayub Khan replied to me.

He liked it!😊

His reply:

Now replying to you Natville25,

First of all thank you!😊

See the problem is that girl goes to other house and family and the property then gets out. It also gives opening for her husband to partake in that property and power equation.

Our entire  partriarchal setup is wrong.

This is why rich powerful families as well as poor put premium on male heir. Let's not forget how in past, kings used to bestow special powers to queens who bore them male heir.

Kangana is also kept away because she does not share likeness with the trio nor do they want her to share that likeness.

Shaurya indeed must have been a bully at school and gotten into scuffles with other kids and teachers too with his pride over - I am a Goenka! I am The Shaurya Goenka! You know who my dad is?

Such children take advantage of their parents' love for them. They easily know what buttons to press. And they know no matter what their parents will always support them. Their parents are their shields, ATM and they feed off them like parasites. 

They never realise their responsibilities. Nor feel like giving back to their parents same love or care.

Shaurya now has developed strange relationship with parents. He doesn't care. He lies at drop of a hat. He blackmails them. 

His parents have also started either twisting his mind or counter blackmailing him. They have seen scolding doesn't work on him. 

He has become an albatross around their neck. They can neither deal with him nor shake him off.

In their own emotional weakness and personal conflicts they failed to bring him up properly.

Suchitra knew she had to butter Shaurya and perhaps feared backlash from RajShi so she did not instil values. Plus Shaurya doesn't take her seriously either. One smile or sorry sorry and Suchitra melts!

Shaurya barks at his friends also. He is a sadist, enjoys others pain and enjoys the power he exerts on others. All he wants is to order others!

Wow glad that Ayub khan liked the analysis 😃 .

True that our set up is quite wrong . In most families ,especially the poor section and lower middle class a girl is considered a burden. A girl's birth is not announced and people start fretting over expenses of marriage . Our society is such that they would rather spend on lavish marriage then provide education to girl child . In certain parts , female foeticide is quite rampant and if the girl is lucky to come out of womb and see the world , that luck too doesn't last long . The female infants are killed in a most gruesome manner . If the mother refuses to kill her daughter , then she is considered as an outcast . 

In ancient times, a queen who couldn't give a son was considered as a cursed one . That's why kings married so many queens in the hope of getting a male heir and the women who gave him  a son was of course placed on top of pedestal . This male chauvinistic society seems to have come from really long time dating back to 14th century or even more previous periods. 

A son like shaurya is worthless , but as someone in their post pointed out for sakshi and rajnath he is their own projection . How , can they call him worthless , it would be like pointing finger on themselves .

Even sakshi channeled her wit and boldness in a wrong way and the result is quite clear today . Had she fought for her rights in a justified manner , then shaurya would not have been what he is today . Sakshi could have twisted his ears , punished him and brought him on the line . But , here her insane love for shaurya is not love at all. Both of them smile at every crime he commits and promise to cover it be it rape or murder . Such kind of protection to kids is dangerous . 

Shaurya , on the other hand never shows love to his parents . He felt that he had to just sit and enjoy his name and fame . After all , even his parents got wealth by crook methods .He enjoys seeing them in pain and discomfort . As , you said he is a sadist . I was taken aback when he showed concern for kangana but how true that concern is , we all know . Kangana for these three is nothing but a bait . A ticket to more fame and power . A way of maintaining their weight around everyone and prestige .

Sadly, its only we human beings who are possessive and overly protective of our children , whereas animals dont do it. They train their young to stand on their feet , hunt and killing strategies . Once the mom feels her kid is ready on its own she lets him go .