*Celebrating a decade of Winchesters*//*200 Episodes of Supernatural*

A_Derry_Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

^^ Bless Ankita's (-Anku-) soul for this.

hospitium!

That's welcome in latin, FYI. For the show that uses latin a lot, we ought to know a word or two, no? ðŸ˜Ž I see myself drifting from the main point. Anyhoo, coming back, its very obvious by the banner and title as to why we have gathered here, isn't it? YEAAAH! We're here to celebrate 200th + episodes, 10 seasons and a decade of Supernatural. 😎 Now, the intro's gonna be real dry because I (No, not Pri. She ditched me. ) have just spent hours editing this thing with IF being a pain in the neck. -.- Also goes to show what a low life I have. ðŸ¤¡ *drifting alert #2*

So, as a tribute to a show we are so addictively, hopelessly and foolishly in love with, we thought of celebrating everything the show has been. This is just our way to show that this tv show is just isn't a show for its fans. For just the like the people associated with it, for just like the people who work on it day and night, its been an journey for its fandom too. 2005 to 2015, each one of us has literally grown with the show and grown to love it more and more. Supernatural's team might never even realize that their show holds a solid fan-base in India too and they might not even get to see THIS, however, it doesn't take away the fact that we a part of the fandom just as fans around the globe are. And hence, all the more reason to celebrate. An interesting fact to prove that we are actually a bunch of morons to have done this because this forum has a handful of people in the first place. 🤡 And that fact also proves the amount of emotional and mental investment we done in this show that we are willing to keep things aside and devote time to this part of our virtual world.

I tend to talk non-sense when I am not capable of pulling strings together and say something meaningful. 😳 So, lets just come together and celebrate this show that bought scores of people under one roof as family and as friends. HAIL SUPERNATURAL! HAIL SPN FAMILY!

*HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to Pri without whose support this idea wouldn't have materialized.  ðŸ¤—

* To you Anku for that gorgeous banner. <3

*To Nori (.JustaDream) and Virina (aftermath.) for those incredible layouts. <3

* Credits for gifs - Tumblr and google.

10 SEASONS. 10 YEARS.

Presenting to you ladies and more ladies, 10 best of Supernatural. 😎

^^ Bless Nori's soul for this.

10 BEST THINGS ABOUT THE SHOW.

1. The Winchester Brothers (OBVIOUSLY LOL 😆) - Together the brothers are unstoppable. 
They send the audience on a roller-coaster ride of emotions. You can laugh, cry, cringe, get mad and basically, you are just hit right in the feels most of the times. It's not hard to become emotionally attached to each and any character. When you take out all the odds, you are reminded of your own family and friends, the familial bonds and how relate-able the entire atmosphere is.

2. The Impala - Its just not a car, its just not Dean's baby. It has been Sam and Dean's home since forever. Chuck's speech about it, rings a bell? ðŸ˜³

3. Monster of the Week - Beginning with urban legends, these stand-alone episodes blossomed into all manner of stories with ghosts, vampires, shape shifters, werewolves and even an episode with people being real evil. When they are done right, they are truly frightening and edge-of-your-seat episodes.

4. The music - It is impossible to imagine Supernatural without the classic rock that has been used throughout the seasons. One of the best uses of music on the show has to be the tradition of playing "Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas at the beginning of each season finale for a montage titled "The Road So Far." What better way to summarize what has led up to the last episode of each season? 

5. The gore and action - It's no Conjuring, Excorcist, Ring, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, but they do extremely well for a budgeted T.V. series.

6. The never ending but inventive deaths - This may seem like a bad thing with the Winchester boys and almost everyone they know (them included) are constantly dying, but it always seems to provoke a deep-seated emotion, whether it's anger, shock or genuine tears. Each death it unique in its own right, and that adds to the element of emotion each time it happens. (Remember mystery spot? 😳)

7. The comic relief - This manifests itself in many different way throughout each season and is a welcome break from the horror, gore and drama that is the rest of the show. Sam, Dean and other characters are immensely funny in their interactions with each other and other people.

8. The writing - The show has seen many writers over the the years has seen some good writing to bad writing and this can come with problems and benefits as each writer has their own style but luckily the show runners have kept an overall view of what needs to be accomplished.

9. Bobby, Castiel and other supporting characters - Each of these characters has their own story to tell and their own personality to either counteract or compliment the Winchester boys but Castiel and Bobby are probably the most significant. Bobby takes on the role of surrogate father who aids the brothers in their investigations and personal relationships. A man with a great deal of knowledge, he is skilled as a hunter and proves as a role model of the brothers. Castiel proves as brother's moral guide, a good soldier and their link to Heaven. But before all that, he's a friend they could forever be grateful for. All of the supporting characters add something special to the show in their own unique way as well as entertain the audience.

10. The character development and execution of ideas - You watch the transformation of all of them throughout the seasons, and it's helped the show to not stagnate. This show is something anyone hasn't ever tried before, they've managed to do it right most of the times despite the up's and the downs and that shows in the 10 and counting seasons. 

Edited by SilentSilver - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

A_Derry_Girl thumbnail

^^Bless Virina's (aftermath.) soul for this.

10 BEST CHARACTERS OF THE SHOW.

1. Bobby and Castiel.

2. Kevin and Charlie.

3. Crowley and Lucifer.

4. Ellen and jo, .

5. Mary and John.

6. Gabriel and Balthy.

7. Jody and Chuck.

8. Meg and Benny.

9. Henry and Garth.

10. Ash and Pamela.

*Do you blame us for doing it in pairs and excluding the Winchesters? 🤣 You better not. ðŸ˜³
A_Derry_Girl thumbnail

^^ Bless Nori's soul for this.

10 BEST EPISODES OF THE SHOW.

Season 2 - All Hell Breaks Loose (P1 and P2)

Season 3 - No Rest for the wicked.

Season 4 - Yellow Fever.

Season 5 - The End.

Season 5 - Swan Song.

Season 6 - French Mistake.

Season 7 - Death's Door.

Season 8 - Sacrifice.

Season 9 - First Born.

Season 10 - Soul Survior.

A_Derry_Girl thumbnail

^^Bless Nori's soul for this.

10 BEST MOMENTS OF THE SHOW.

1. Sacrifice, season 8. Sam Dean Church scene.

2. Swan Song, Season 5. 'I am here Sammy, I am not gonna leave you'. (Sam jumps into the pit)

3. Do you believe in Miracles, Season 9. 'I am proud of us, Sammy'. (Dean's dying scene.)

4. All Hell Breaks Loose, Season 2. 'What am I supposed to do, Sammy'. (Dean cries by Sam's deathbed)

5. All Hell Breaks Loose, Season 2. 'You are my big brother, there's nothing I wouldn't do for you'. (Dean and Sam talk by the Impala)

6. A very supernatural christmas, Season 3. Young Sam gives the amulet to young Dean and the scene following that wear they exchange gifts.

7. Soul survivor, Season 10. Sam trying to cure Dean and then their cat and mouse chase in the bunker.

8. Samzekiel Is Born, Season 9.

9. Sam curing Crowley, trials, church scene, season 8.

10. Demon Dean is born, season 9.

A_Derry_Girl thumbnail

^^ Bless Virina's (aftermath.) soul for this.

10 BEST OFFSCREEN MOMENTS.

1. Jensen Ackles join's Twitter.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_1dOEHdmCg[/YOUTUBE]

2. Thomas (Jared Padalecki's son) calls Jensen 'Uncle Jensen' and the crowd explodes.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er53a-SyF3M[/YOUTUBE]

3. Jensen and Jared on filming All Hell Breaks Loose.

4. Stroke Kit.

Last year in TorontoCon Rob had a stroke during the convention time. He was not feeling well and went back to his room  and Richard went to check on him when he saw him in pain. It was the supernatural cast which took him to the hospital then and there. So good point is that Rob is healthy again, and this is what the cast did for his birthday this year and its pretty sweet and ofcourse hilarious cause the SPN cast have the mind of 5 year old's. ðŸ¤£

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWhsNAjaB14[/YOUTUBE]

5. Misha's two pies to the face.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz1wQObgS1w[/YOUTUBE]

6. Jensen imitating Sam.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTFQUHW9kyw[/YOUTUBE]

7. Jensen and Jared on Favourite dance moves.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyc3DVIC8Gk[/YOUTUBE]

8. Jared and Jensen dancing.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8EwpCsubp8[/YOUTUBE]

9. Jensen Ackles raps to Ice Ice Baby.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM8JZOWSWno[/YOUTUBE]

10. Jared, the giant goofball.

*Honestly, its easier to pick up 10 best moments from one convention than conventions and interviews spanning 10 years. 😳 You start watching one convention and none of them has a single dull moment. But something that is really appreciable about the conventions is the cast, the actors who were in maybe 3-4 episodes in the totality of 200 episodes take out time for the conventions and make it a great experience for everyone who's been there. Through the shows actors who did not knew each other before have now become such great friends (and many of them did not even have a single scene or episode together!) The SPNfamily, they call themselves. The conventions have been instrumental in making actors who we did not know are so multi-talented showcase their skills to the audience. From Jensen to Jared, Osric to Matt, Gil to Rob to Richard and Mark Sheppard just join in and have the time of their lives making sure the fans have the time of their lives too!
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

^^ Bless Virina's (aftermath.) soul for this.

10 BEST MOMENTS THAT DEFINED SAM AND DEAN's CHARACTER GROWTH.

Sam Winchester :

1. Sam's realization that he's pretty much a 'all we have got is each other' familial person too when at every instance of Dean being at threat or Dean's death hits him hard and real bad.

2. Sam's confession that he has looked up to Dean since they were children and knows him better than anyone else. Another confession that truly redefined his growth as both a character and person was the confession that his biggest sin was letting his brother down at various stages in his life.

3. Sam's conversation with younger John in Season 5's Song remains that he understands why his father did what he did and that he forgives him for everything and he always loved him but just couldn't say it.

4. Sam's acceptance with his fate as a hunter. Over the years, he has made peace with the fact that he was destined to be a hunter and live a life that a hunter gets to live.

5. Being to hell, heaven, purgatory and other supernatural hotspots, being a demon, being a vessel, being soulless, being an angel (he's been through waaay much, no?) has made him so much more wiser as a person. And this is the same kid was who dreamt of going to Standford and becoming a lawyer. Now, he is one of the best hunters and a man of letters.

Dean Winchester:

1. Dean trying out a 'normal life' with Lisa. Dean's life has always primarily revolved around his brother and hunting. But to take a chance on having an actual 'apple pie' life, even if it was just to keep his brother's word and to keep himself going.

2. Early in the seasons, Dean saw things just as either 'white or 'black' but down the lane, the line between white and black began diminishing and became a very thin one so as to be able to make him see a dozen shades of grey. Its made him more open-minded and empathetic.

3. Its a common knowledge among the Supernatural fandom that Dean wasn't ever a believer. Sam in Dean's words was more of praying kind but we hardly ever saw the traits of a believer in Dean. However, towards the end of Season 3, we saw him clutching the Bible and clinging on it for his dear life. Ever since then, Dean, admittedly or not has began believing in the presence of a deity and is found praying when nothingness and problems consume him.

4. Being to hell, heaven, purgatory and other supernatural hotspots, being a demon, being a vessel, being a knight of Hell and basically being through hell loads of crap has not only drilled a grain or two of wisdom in just Sam but to a great extent, Dean too.

5. The fact that Sam sees light in the end of the tunnel and Dean doesn't has pretty much shaped up Dean as a person. He is this screwed up version of a warrior whose convinced that he won't make it alive.

Above all, the love these two brothers have for each other have defined them to the core as persons. That is the most essential, undeniable and undisputed fact in the lives of Dean Winchester and Sam Winchester.

Edited by herms_angel - 9 years ago
annihilation thumbnail

^^Bless Virina's (aftermath.) soul for this.

10 BEST FUNNY SCENES OF THE SHOW.

1. Nut Cracker (Changing Channels, Season 5)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeBYenU5ntU[/YOUTUBE]

2. Dean's Cat Scream (Yellow Fever, Season 4 )

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeuTlsQ4FDo[/YOUTUBE]

3. I lost my shoe! (Bad day at Black rock, Season 3)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGnGZWv31ug[/YOUTUBE]

4. Mystery spot moment (Mystery Spot, Season 3)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmIswf7k704[/YOUTUBE]

5. Dean's dog life experience ( Dog Dean afternoon, Season 9)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljMlxceH_EE[/YOUTUBE]

6. Drunk Castiel (99 problems, Season 5)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmwtrqD-kjg[/YOUTUBE]

7. Eye of the Tiger (Offscreen)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3G5Qj_Lo8[/YOUTUBE]

8. King of Rotten (Blade runners, Season 9)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r7aNEmgDMY[/YOUTUBE]

9. You're bossy and short.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnB1qPoJ8vs[/YOUTUBE]

10. Personal Space.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb4yXTLnmYA[/YOUTUBE]

annihilation thumbnail

10 BEST ONE-LINERS OF THE SHOW.

1. Yesterday was Tuesday, right? But today's Tuesday too!

2. Accidents don't just happen accidently!

3. Don't objectify me.

5. Say it and I will kill you, your children and grandchildren.

5. Hey assbutt!

6. Fight the fairies!

7. I am batman.

8. These tacos taste funny to you?

9. Dude, you're not gonna poke her with a stick.

10. You're short... and bossy.

*I know the show has TONS AND TONS of many more such one-liners but we had to choose just 10 going by the protocol and we chose this so randomly. ðŸ¤£
annihilation thumbnail

10 BEST QUOTES OF THE SHOW.

1. There ain't no me if there ain't no you. - Dean Winchester.

2. Family don't end with blood, boy. - Bobby Singer.

3. Do it right with a smile or don't do it. - Frank.

4. You are my big brother and there's nothing I wouldn't do for you. - Sam Winchester.

5. Don't you dare think there's anything, past or present that I would put infront of you. - Dean Winchester.

[CENTER] 6. You wanna know what I confessed in there? What my greatest sin was? It was how many times I let you down. - Sam Winchester.

7.  Up against good, evil, angels, devils, destiny, and God himself, they made their own choice. They chose family. And, well... isn't that kinda the whole point? No doubt -- endings are hard. But then again... nothing ever really ends, does it?

8. As fate would have it, I adopted two boys. And they grew up great. They grew up heroes.. - Bobby Singer.

9. Always happy to bleed for the Winchesters. - Castiel.

10. I am proud of us. - Dean Winchester.

annihilation thumbnail

10 REASONS WHY THE SHOW MUST GO ON.

1. The cast - This show had the assortment of extremely talented people. They love the show and the fandom loves them. So till they are on it, the show must go on. ðŸ˜Ž

2. The storytelling - There are only few story based on family relationships, much lessbased on brothers. With angels, demons, monsters, the show at its very core remains about two brothers who are willing to move to heaven and hell *quite literally so* for each other which makes for good content and morally is very inspiring.

3. Fandom and its undying faith - One of the biggest reasons as to why the show could do a 10. Its got one hell of a loyal fandom who are willing to appreciate the good, criticize the bad, forgive the ugly and still give them umpteenth chances to come back better and stronger than ever before. Its frigging huge and all over the social media. From tumblr, twitter to pininterest, fan fiction, the SPN fandom makes their presence felt. ðŸ˜Ž Their faith in the show, undying support for it and unconditional love is awe-inspiring. You know that'll stick with you right till the end!

4. There's So Much Story Left to Tell - Of whatever's been said and done with, there's still so much left to tell. If you have been a viewer season 1, you just know its still not the right time (bipolar feelings when people aren't happy with something about it on how it should have ended on season 5 and how bad season 7 sucked included) The scope, the potential, the flame, the spirit hasn't died down yet. And we say, 'thankfully'! ðŸ˜†

5. Genre - Supernatural is a show that is definitely not mainstream. It's a bit of a cult thing, in its own sci fi/fantasy niche. The theme allows them to push boundaries and go beyond them. Alternate universes, giant alive crying teddy bears and unicorns, LARP-ing, you name it! While drawing on the distinctive characteristics and success of its Precedents (Buffy, the vampire slayer, X-files and so on), it does so much more than just toss them all in a blender - it creates something new and engaging out of these established ingredients.

6. The mythology and world building - You can't exactly have a multi-seasonal story arc that tells of the Apocalypse itself without some really amazing mythology and world building, and on that front, too, Supernatural is a resounding success. The show creates a complex universe, with angels, demons, Heaven, Hell, witches and spells and vampires and exorcisms and a whole new set of rules. It's the kind of detailed reality that hooks viewers and leaves them pondering questions long after the episode is over : where do angels go when they die? What are the different exorcisms to use on a demon? How the hell does Sam Winchester get wi-fi everywhere? Where else would you find all that twisted stuff? ðŸ˜³

7. Ratings - Television is a business, and a show gets renewed based on whether it's pulling in the viewing numbers and ratings. A yearly renewal for a new season is how a show stays alive. Now, Supernatural has relatively low viewing numbers compared to some other shows. However, the CW - the network Supernatural currently airs on - differs in its viewing numbers and demographic from other channels. Its average viewing numbers for similar shows, such The Vampire Diaries and Arrow, are in the similar two-four million range. So, within its own network, Supernatural does incredibly well. So, while it can still pull in eyeballs, why not go on?

8. End of the show means no conventions - Just think, can you survive that? 😳 No more pure madness and hilariousness by scores of people under one roof.

9. The characters - From the Winchesters, to Castiel, from Bobby to Crowley , we love to love (love to hate for some) the characters of the show. This show has some interesting characters, characters who have grown through the seasons, characters who makes us laugh and cry and at times even want to kick them in their guts. Our T.V screens would surely be incomplete without seeing those characters every week. There is a reason why hiatus is called hellatus in this fandom after all. ðŸ˜†

10.  Moral teachings - The evil the boys are encountering is not the kind you'll find as you're walking down the street on a cold, dark, lonely night. And as difficult as the battle is, good always wins. What makes the show realistic is the fact that the boys come out damaged and burdened by their battles - a normal reaction for what they've been enduring over time. However thin the line between the white and black be, however horrible things they might have done and been through, however many shades there may be of grey in between, it still manages to convey that good always wins over evil. A teaching that has been taught to us ever since the evolution and will be taught till we're all wiped off from the face of the earth.