Arjun Kapoor's next with Milan Luthria scrapped

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

SRK flips the script

Vickey Lalwani,Mumbai Mirror | Nov 10, 2014, 12.00 AM IST
Arjun Kapoor's date diary just got an unexpected gap, thanks to Shah Rukh Khan. Milan Luthria's next starring Arjun has been scrapped as the film's script is very similar to Maneesh Sharma's next which is reportedly about a crazy fan's attempt to meet his idol, played by SRK. 
Admitting the same, Milan told Mirror, "We worked on the script for about two months and were supposed to roll in February 2015 in Mauritius. I was travelling when someone from my office informed me that our script was similar to that of an upcoming film. Fortunately, I have another script, which is fast being developed. I will now start a different film in a couple of months."

Not so long ago, there were reports that the director was set to launch Vinod Khanna's younger son Sakshi next year. Then rumours suggested that Milan had decided to start a film with Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan, which would be penned by The Dirty Picture writer Rajat Arora. 
Milan's response: "There has been too many speculations in the media about my next film, all surrounding people close to me, the Bachchans to name just one. It's nice to know that there is so much interest in what I'm doing, but it also adds to the pressure.I want to complete my writing in peace and will announce all the details soon."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hmmm, but was arjun playing the Fan or the superstar?
BS! Doesn't BW like overdoing one genre: 5 Bhagat Singh movies are made in a year, 3 reincarnation movies, 15 period movies...?
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
So Fan is about a crazy fan's attempt to meet his idol? This reminds me of Anurag Kashyap's story in Bombay Talkies. How does the double role come in the picture though? :-S
Bhaadmejaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Good you deserve it ugly fatso

Originally posted by: Bhaadmejaa

Good you deserve it ugly fatso

😲🤣
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: NailClipper

BS! Doesn't BW like overdoing one genre: 5 Bhagat Singh movies are made in a year, 3 reincarnation movies, 15 period movies...?

What do you think is the real reason?
swati82 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
does arjun have anything lined up after tevar? hearing nothing about revolution 2020...

Originally posted by: nikitagmc

So Fan is about a crazy fan's attempt to meet his idol? This reminds me of Anurag Kashyap's story in Bombay Talkies. How does the double role come in the picture though? :-S

In Fan shah plays the crazy fan as well as the Superstar it seems. The plot is still not clear

Originally posted by: swati82

does arjun have anything lined up after tevar? hearing nothing about revolution 2020...

Revolution 2020 does not have a director I guess. He has not signed anything after Tevar