Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hsp.canada thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Wow! Is the first word that came to my mind after just reading the first paragraph.
You have summoned it up so well, but I wonder if a layman watching the show really got it? Did people really understand Raman's behaviour or get his words. The main lead of the show will be compared to potential rapist. How can the CV's redeem him in layman's eyes??
That's why CV  could  have portrayed things differently just my thoughts. As I too consider myself a layman while trying to understand nuisances of relationships &  life.
I guess that's why people like you help us common man/ woman to understand the in depth emotions.

Great post!

Ciao,
Edited by Hsp.canada - 9 years ago
nividances thumbnail
Res
Will take a few days to unres since I'm a bit busy with a biochem lab report ðŸ˜­

Unressed...

You turned to philosophy for your post; I'm going the dental way. Yes you heard right, dental not mental. But before I begin to explain my loopy thought-process ðŸĪŠ, I have to commend you on the brilliant analysis of Raman and Ishita being each other's tallest trees. They are both imperfect for the world, but for each other they are perfect. Now onto the dentistry...😆

Let's think of a child whose teeth are just starting to grow in; its gums are all sore, aching, and itching. No matter how painful the teething process is, the child must endure all the pain and suffering to, in the end, have a set of pearly whites that are absolutely necessary for survival. The visual of a teething child in my mind falls into one of two categories: the child who is constantly glued to his/her teething ring to take away the pain or the child who is constantly screaming, crying, and vocalizing their pain onto those around him/her. Now, I'm sure you are scratching your heads and wondering where I am going with this. 😕😕

Well...

The teething child is not much different from a lovesick adult. Just as a child feels agony and pain when its teeth grow in, an adult who has been betrayed or deceived by love feels agony and pain when their broken and healing heart begins to love someone again. No matter how painful the process of realizing your love, one must endure the suffering to, in the end, be rewarded back with an intense, gushy feeling of attachment that makes you feel happy, adored, and romantic. In the adult's case, there are two ways, err...make that three, that one can deal with the pain: rely on a crutch of alcohol to numb the pain of the heart (Raman), scream out your pain onto innocent bystanders (Ishita), or, my personal favorite, be mature and talk it out in an intensely passionate confession (what viewers want to see from IshRa).

I could ramble on and write a whole lot, but I'm a believer in less is more. So I will end with a quick summary. Baby Raman falls in the category of depending on alcohol to numb away the pain of his heart, while baby Ishita is in the category of being vocal and angry at those around her to make her own pain go away. In the end, we as viewers all just want these two babies to grow into the mature adults that they are supposed to be and go make a teething baby for themselves. 

I will leave you all with this statutory warning.

Edited by nividances - 9 years ago
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: GanBarunFan

Awesome albeit a bit philosophical ...but it fit the episode like today's, explained the Ishra equation well... This observation is mindblowing:

"Ishita being Ishita, still hurting decided to return to her husband to be his support not knowing that she is the medicine he needs to heal while she remains the reason he bleeds."

great job...And don't say I'm making you blush..I tried to tone down my 1st impression superlatives.

I may add something later tonight.ðŸ˜ģ

Yeah it got a tad bit philosophical for a fictional show, I do not think the writers are paying this much attention to the show and the characters as we are on this forum, I might have gone a little overboard today ðŸ˜†
How do I know what is going to hit you the most from the post, I knew as soon as I wrote that line that G is gonna like this the most. 

lol you still make me blush gurl ðŸ˜ģ, and add anything whenever you feel like it!
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

Originally posted by: krikumar.91

WOW... What was that? Literally bewitched by that writing... 

People say that Raman did a grave by forcing himself on his wife... Those dialogues were derogatory, his approach was not pleasant but he didn't stoop low before my eyes after this incident... Ishita pushed Raman to the floor because he allowed her to do so...  Raman was stronger enough to subjugate his wife but he didn't want that...

Since last night, he has been breathing with the fear of losing his love... He got drunk even while witnessing his desire moving with another man... He was touching her...right before his eyes when he couldn't take that liberty with her. 

Then, he degraded himself that he's unworthy of Ishita because he couldn't satisfy her... He couldn't stop her from seeking another man... So, he agreed that there is a lacuna in their relationship...

With all these thoughts circulating inside his mind, he took one wrong step...His approach was wrong but the fact was right... There was no 'Intimacy' between them... (Finally, i got that Ruby but i'm restricting myself here. That was a mature thought and this is a public forum) He didn't want to let go of her... Intoxicated by her desire and the love which he has for her, he forced himself on her... But, he allowed Ishita to push him away...That was where his love prevailed over his passion. After opening his eyes, the first thought to strike him was his behaviour towards Ishita... There has was, RKB whom we have been loving from day one of YHM...

cv's clearly have a vision and i respect the same... Thanks for this post yaar...

Thanks for your compliment Kri! I am glad at least I could bewitch someone in this lifetime albeit online ðŸ˜†

Coming to the show, you know as much as I cringed while watching that scene and believe you me I was very uncomfortable watching that scene, somewhere deep down I knew that Raman's character wouldn't cross that line, and I would like argue that Ishita knew that as well. When abuse happens it is easy to sense fear in woman's eyes but I didn't see any fear in Ishita's eyes, I saw contempt, anger and disgust for the man she gets to call her 'husband'. She couldn't believe her eyes that the Raman she despised before their marriage is the one who has reemerged. 

I am not by any means justifying Raman's behavior,  I believe his behavior in the episode might not be abusive but in real life there are 4 stages of abuse and the 1st one being: Tension-Building stage...what transpired in the episode could very well fit this stage. 

You are so right RKB's love prevailed over his angst and desperation.

(I feel disgusted as a woman when I typed this response as though I am wronging every battered woman ever to walk this planet ) I do not know how I feel about that scene but deep down in my heart I couldn't believe RKB the character could commit such a heinous crime. 
swathibalan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Doc.. You put it down just  brilliantly..
Loved this to the core
The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.

Life has come a full circle for them. Once before, when Ruhi was ill and she wanted to attend to her, he had come home drunk after winning an award. He called her a gold digger and told a few other things and offered her money too before passing out on her shoulder
Things changed a lot from that day to this day, yet his past still clouds his mind, his present, to equate her to his ex and stake his claim
Darkness took over him yesterday, yet the purity of their hearts and their love made him stop..

That day also she was hurt and disgusted. Today she is even more hurt as for her he was the righteous man, who stood against his own family for her , for her sister and now for Sarika.

That day also she handled him and am sure now also she will handle him now as she understands him much more. Your quote says that exactly.

Not that I condone the act, but he was a man in despair, a man who had lost before, ready to do anything to hold on to her and momentarily didnt think of his actions and words, the effect of them on her. 
He wanted to show that he was the best man in her life and ironically did the opposite.

Also, its not just about who's right or who's wrong. its more about what can happen when one holds back, doesnt communicate and lets misunderstandings creep in and wreck a relationship

Edited by swathibalan - 9 years ago
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

Originally posted by: cocololo123

res

****Edited****

Hey Sia! great post again. What can I say about today's episode because you just took the words out of my mouth. ðŸ‘

Your chose of philosophy fits the perfect scenario about the current situation in Ishra's marriage. You are right Ishra fell in love with each other and their flaws. I didnt like Raman manhandling Ishita and thankful he drank enough to be pushed by Ishita. I am glad she stood up for herself. These two are way to much in love. After the way Raman treated Ishita, she still went to check if he was okay. Raman has this so called hate for Ishita but he opened the door to his house and when he realized what he had done he feared that she left him for good. This is called love and marriage. Loving your spouse when they don't deserved to be loved. Sticking with them through the bad times too. Ishra will get through this and their relationship will be stronger.

Again beautifully written.😃

Helllooo!!!
I just typed my response to Kri about the manhandling scene, for the fear of being repetitive I am not going to address that here, if you have time though please read my response as I am in the same boar as you regarding that scene 😊 
I would have been so upset if Ishita hadn't taken a stand, no woman needs to be subjected to such behavior and I am glad she threw him to the floor. 
'Loving your spouse when they don't deserved to be loved. Sticking with them through the bad times too.' ðŸ‘ I couldn't have described it any better, these two have accepted each other, now it's time to fall in love with all the flaws and work through them as a couple. I really do hope they confront each other because precap gives me some hope!
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

Originally posted by: Amii90

Take a bow, Doc!! This is just amazing & this whole philosophical bit actually brought a smile to my face! How true though!!!! Ju are going good my friend 👍🏞

Ami!!! My behna how are you? I went a little overboard with this I think, it's a fictional show afterall and Socrates and Plato is a little too much ðŸ˜† but I am glad it put a smile on your face because that made it completely worth it!  Thanks yaar anything to avoid studying ðŸ˜†
redwine1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
So am at the airport. Surfing & just open my PMs & c ur post pm peep for a good read no intention to write ... But the first few words Socrates & Plato & I was a goner 
One of my fav discussion topics so trust me will b back ... Kyun ke kya Karen control nai Honda hai 

Doc love ya for this  brilliant
Edited by redwine1 - 9 years ago
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

Originally posted by: Let-It-Go

I have found the paradox, that if you love
until it hurts, there can be no more hurt,
only more love.
-Mother Teresa

Hii.
I have read so many post of yours and honestly, they just hit bang on !
The story ! Oh Man.. I can read that one paragraph all my life to guide me through.

Coming to Ishita and Raman.
The very first scene was immensely significant. Raman was angry at Ishita, he hated her for her betrayal yet opened the door of his house for her. He could have walked through (like he always does) to let Ishita figure if she wants to enter or not but didnt. He opened for her.

How madly does he despise her at that moment but he doesnt want to let her go. He is not ready to give up on her (Aani, I remember you here. ) He will try to bring Ishita back to him, he will always leave option for Ishita with open heart.
And then, when Ishita - How much she hated the man in question, she went in. She could have slept on the sofa for the rest of the nightor could have just walked through the room & return back without noticing him but despite that She went in and saw him broken. How much he shatter her, but she will still be there to heal him.

The Ishra scene was epic - though I detest the thing of a man forcing on a woman but what highlighted for me after I saw the episode again was Raman's turmoil. He wanted to shout about Mani, with every line there was question left and not a full stop. "Kisi aur ka haath thamna hai?"
"kisi aur ke pass jaaana hai?"
He probed her to let out her heart. More than fighting with Ishita, he fought with himself.
This scene only gave me the satisfaction that Raman will not give up on Ishita even if he have to fight with world for her.

Ishita - I cant describe what she went through. The man he loved, tore her apart. Applied all sought of allegations on her but when she is in trouble the first person she ran to was her husband. The husband whom she took steps for 6 months, whom she expected to trust her, whom she confided in but when she opened the door- it was not her husband but was the man lurking in his past, an unknown to her.

Today we completed a complete circle but this time Ishita will face the man haunted by his past & broken by his present while Raman will again lurk in darkness only to be pulled out in light

Thank you for your very kind words, I am glad you like my posts. It is fun to write only to read responses like these ðŸ˜Š. And you are right there is a big life lesson involved in this chat between Plato and Socrates. ðŸĪ“
Man was that scene delightful yet uncomfortable to watch, what a predicament I was in! And brilliant acting by KP and DT, I could see the anger and the angst in Raman and I could see the disgust in Ishita's eyes, if eyes could kill then both Ishita and Raman would have died yesterday. 
The door opening and Ishita going back to check up on Raman seems to very symbolic of their relationship, these two are at the opposite ends yet fighting to stay together! 
Brilliant when you said that they have come a full circle, Ishita finds a man she calls her husband to the be same guy she met 6-8 months ago when they got married, and Raman 'sees' a wife full of deceit and betrayal.
shravani_2311 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
tht is really suprb...
the xplantn using plato nd socrates prfctly fitted in dis...
esplly mariage is oppurtunity...tht was really brilliant...
i dnt knw wen our dakkans realise tht thy are carving fr each othr...
waitng these dekkans to realise tht thy are the heal of each othr wounds...