BombayPonnu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Thanks a lot!
BombayPonnu thumbnail

Originally posted by: smilydear

Beautiful story ... I like all the characters here... Would love to know how would be Raman's reaction to know Mihika is Ishita's cousin.

Pl PM me next time.

Hi!
Thanks a lot.. Glad you like the story!
Actually, in this case, Miku is Ishita's biological sister and not a cousin..
Raman's reaction.. That's comin up in a couple of updates!!
BombayPonnu thumbnail

Originally posted by: VENBA

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Brilliant update..</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">just awesome..👏👏</font>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Waiting for your next update...😊😊😊</font>

Thanks! Updating in a while!!
BombayPonnu thumbnail

Originally posted by: prachi_vrushan

awesome update
waiting for next update

Thanks a lot!
BombayPonnu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rozy77

aww this was such a cute part⭐️😳
love how close raman-ruhi-ishita have become😳
i guess ishita is all set to meet raman's family because of mihir-mihika😆
really enjoyed this part😃
do continue again soon

Hey!
Thanks a lot for the comment!
Yeah.. Ishu all set! Will update soon!
BombayPonnu thumbnail
Hey guys!

Before the update, just wanted to thank all of you for taking out time to read this.. And for those who comment.. Special wala thanks to u guys.. Your comments and reviews mean a lot..
Please keep them coming..

Here's the next update.. It's kind of longish.. But its a compensation for the delay.. Also, I wont be updating for the next 10 days as im goin out of town..

Till then, do enjoy this one..

PART 5
Miku tried to protest, but Ishita was adamant. She wanted to meet Mihir's family and asked him to talk at home too. The meeting was to be fixed after Mihir spoke to Raman and mummyji.
Mihika was silent on her way back home. Ishita tried talking to her but she spoke in one words, just to reply to what Ishita was asking her. As they reached home, Mihika went straight into her room. Ishita followed her in.
"Whats wrong miku? What happened to you?", Ishita asked finally, unable to understand what he was thinking. "Akka, i'll get married only if you do. Not before you.", she spoke out. "Miku!", Ishita exclaimed"Listen to me. Considering all that happened, its not easy for me. You get that? No one would want a wife who cant give him a child." Ishita tried to explain. "Had it not been for me, you would have been perfectly alright now akka. Its my fault. But akka, im not marrying before you do, and im adamant on that part. I've told Mihir about this and he agrees to my say.", Mihika said and left the room.
Ishita stood there rooted thinking of how to explain the reality to her younger sibling. She just didnt seem to understand.
At dinner, Ishita was told that there was another guy coming to see her tomorrow.

Meanwhile, at the Bhallas, Raman and Mihir were sitting in his room, discussing work. Just as they finished, Mihir shut the laptop and spoke up. "Bhai, I need to tell you something." "Yes Mihir, what is it?" "Me and Mihika want to get married Bhai" "What??",Raman exclaimed. "Are you sure? "Yeah Bhai. I met Mihika's sister today and she said that she would convince her parents. Bhai, I need your approval as well!", Mihir asked. "Of course yaa Mihir. But I need to meet Mihika and her family first. I want to make sure that no one takes advantage of my bhola bhala Mihir, alright?" Raman asked.
"Of course bhai, in fact, Mihika's sister has invited us to their place. Its Thursday today. We could meet on Saturday, if you are free." Mihir said. "Sure, inform them we'll come on Saturday, in the evening." Raman said. Mihir went back happily.

The next day, Ishita was at the NGO. The kids were at their school and Ishita was sitting alone on a bench, lost in thoughts. Raman came in to see a very sad and glum Ishita.
"Hi!", he said walking upto her. She looked up to see Raman standing there, dressed handsomely as ever, with the same adorable smile on his face. "Hi!", she replied back smiling at him. One look at Raman could make her feel better. She was always calm in his presence.
Raman, on the other hand, was unhappy seeing Ishita in this state. Her sad face made him unhappy too. His heart ached when he saw her, but he didnt know why.
He sat down next to her and turned to look at her. "Whats wrong Ishita? You look tensed!.", he asked. "No nothing, just tired.", she tried to hide her feelings. "Oh really! You want me to believe that?" Raman snorted back.
Ishita was amazed to see how well this man understood her. None of her other friends did. But Raman, he always understood her feelings.
Ishita looked up to see him looking at her expectantly. "Say it Ishita. You'll feel better. And you know you can talk to me about anything.", he said.
She got up to leave when she felt Raman holding her wrist. He stood up still holding her hand and went to stand right in front if her. He cupped her face, making her look at him. "Trust me Ishita! Please", he said pleading.
One look at him and she knew she trusted him. She knew he would understand her. He wouldnt arrive at conclusions. Tears were flowing through Ishita's eyes. She looked down at the ground. And in one instant move, she hugged him.
"I cant do this Raman. Not anymore. Im tired. Really." she was crying.
Raman was too shocked for a moment to react. His reflexes got numb. Slowly coming back to senses, he too wrapped his arms around her shoulder.
Ishita felt at home when Raman hugged her back. She felt as though she belonged there. She felt relieved. Comfort was what she needed at that time.
Raman was slowly running his hands on her back as if to calm her down. "Shh Ishita, stop crying. Please. I dont know what you are talking about, but dont do it if you dont want to. Everyone has a choice.", he said.
"I dont Raman. I have to live with it all life", she exclaimed as she broke the hug. Raman slowly made her sit back on the bench and kneeled down before her, holding her hands in his. "What is it Ishita? Im worried. Are you alright?"
Ishita then went on to narrate how, in her childhood, she had hurt herself. It was sankranti and Ishita and Mihika were flying kites with some friends of theirs. They were at a building under construction. In the excitement of the game, Mihika reached the edge of the floor. She was about to lose balance when Ishita saved her. However, she herself fell down and a rod pierced into her lower abdomen, leading to complications.
By the time she finished the story, fresh set of tears formed her eyes. "and now, my my sister is adamant that she wont marry unless I do. I have to meet another prospective groom today Raman. And I just dont have the capacity to bear another rejection", Ishita completed. Raman was speechless. He just quietly sat up next to her and wrapped his arms around her shoulder. Ishita was digging her head into his chest, crying. "Ishita, its alright. Its not your fault. If someone dosent understand you, they dont deserve you. You dont need to feel sad or guilty. Its their loss. They are losing out on a chance to know someone wonderful." Raman said smiling.
Talking to Raman made Ishita feel much better. No one, not even her parents could make her feel better when it came to this topic.
The evening at the Sharma's was very similar to the day Subbu's family had come. However, everyone saw a changed Ishita that day. She wasnt sad or guilty about what happened. In fact, she looked happy. She sounded normal. During dinner, Mihika informed everyone that Mihir was coming the next day with his family. Ishita had spoken at home about them and their parents were happy for Mihika.
Later that night, Ishita was lying on her bed, reading her favourite novel, when Raman called on her phone.
"Hey", he said cheerfully. "Hope all went well", he asked. "Yes, everything was awesome", she replied back. Ramans face fell immediately. Though he wanted Ishita happy, he couldnt help but be sad at the thought of her going away from him. He really loved being with her. He was restless since the time he knew Ishita's parents were looking for a groom. He managed to get his cheerful tone back and said, "well then, when do I get to meet him?" "Meet who Raman?", Ishita asked puzzled. "Your hone wala pati", he said. "Who said im getting married? I promised Ruhi right that im not leaving her and goin anywhere."
Raman was confused now. "Well you just said everything was awesome" "Yes Raman, everything was awesome. Only because of you. You were right. If someone dosent understand me, they dont deserve me. I said no." "What!" Raman exclaimed. So you not getting married? "No", she replied. Raman felt relieved. He was unable to understand his heart. He could not make sense to his feelings.
It was Saturday, the day Mihir was supposed to come to the Iyer's house with his family. Preparations were on in full swing. Ishita so wanted to go and meet Raman and Ruhi, however, she was tied up. Mihika was really nervous, Ishita trying to calm her down. She was happy that Mihika had agreed to meet the family at least, inspite of the condition she had set. The rest, they could talk about later.
All were ready, everything was being kept in place when the doorbell rang. Ishita went ahead to open the door. She stood there, her eyes open wide. Raman was standing at the door with a bouquet in his hands.
"Raman?" "Ishita?" "What are you doing here?" both of them spoke at the same time. Just then, Mihir came out of the lift with Toshiji and Romi.
Mihir came ahead and greeted Ishita. "Hi Ishita akka", hr said cheerfully. "Thats my brother, Raman", he stated matter-o-factly.
"Mihir you never told me The Raman Bhalla is your brother", Mihika said. "And you never told me you knew Ishita.." Raman said.
"So you are Ishita! You are beautiful beta", Toshiji said smiling at Ishita. "Maa who told you about Ishita?" Raman enquired.
There was hell lot of confusion. Mihir finally put in, "Can we go in and sort things out? Or are we gonna be standing here all evening?"
After sometime, all the Bhallas and Iyers were sitting in the living room of Iyer house. All confusions sorted. They were talking about Mihika and Mihir and their relation. Raman was really embarassed when he came to know that Mihir had told maa. Ishita had turned red too. Raman was really happy that his best buddy, his younger brother had indeed found someone who loved him. Mihir wouldnt cheat Mihika ever and vice versa. The love for each other was evident in their eyes. Mihir was happy that the lady Raman kept talking about was Ishita akka. He really liked her and thought of her his own sister. Romi and Mihir were happy for Raman. Happy that their fatty had finally found someone.
"So Mihir, Mihika, whats your plan? Have you guys decided on something?", Romi asked. In the few hours that they spent together, Ishita had bonded well with the rest of the Bhalla clan. They took a liking towards each other.
"The plan, Raman bhai, is that me and Mihir will get married the day Ishita akka does.", Mihika put in. "I dont want to get married before akka, and Mihir agrees". Mihir nodded in acceptance. Madhu and Vishwa were happy that they were getting a son in the form of Mihir. Someone who understood their daughter and supporter her too. Ishita wanted to stop Mihika from saying any such thing, but she didnt stop. Raman was proud of his brother.
"Im proud of your choice Mihir. And im proud of you." Raman said. "Thanks Bhai.." , Mihika said. Raman got a call and walked out of the room. "Bhai, im so happy for you. You found a perfect family for yourself." Romi added.
"So Ishita akka, when are you planning to get married?" Romi asked. The Iyers were speechless. They couldn't understand how to tackle this problem. They were looking at one another, thinking of what to say n how to say it. Raman came back in. He had heard Romi's question.
"Ishita, wont you show me around? I'd love to see the house." Raman said diverting the topic and trying to get some time alone with Ishita. He needed to talk to her alone that very instant. It was urgent.
"Of course Raman. Come along." Ishita stood up, happy to be avoiding the talk she dreaded. As Raman and Ishita went out of the room, Mihika told them what the problem was. "Mihika, Mihir, I was proud of you. But now, I feel lucky to have kids like you, who understand the meaning of family.", Toshi said kissing each of their forehead.
Ishita was thankful to Raman that he got her out of the room. "Thanks Raman", she whispered. "No need for that Ishita. Actually, I wanted to talk to you about something. Its urgent. And important." "What is it Raman? You sound tensed." "Ishita, I dont know who did this, but I promise, im gonna screw his life once I find him.", Raman said gritting his teeth. He was really angry. Ishita had never seen him this pissed off.

"Tell me clearly Raman. I dont understand.", she said. Raman took his mobile out of his pocket and held it out to Ishita. Ishita read what was shown to her and saw the pictures. It was the website of a leading newspaper, which had reported that Raman and Ishita were in a relationship.

BREAKING NEWS!
Industrialist Raman Bhalla In Love!
Yes! Looks like The Raman Bhalla finally found someone for himself. The 30 year old, most eligible bachelor in town is finally hooked. This news might break the hearts of many young women who dreamed about being with the man himself. Looked like the couple are madly in love and were found spending time alone at an NGO in town. We have no reports of who his lady love is, but we will find out soon.
Along with the news flashed pictures of Raman & Ishita hugging at the NGO and that of Raman sitting in his knees, when he was trying to calm Ishita down.
"Ishita, this news is being flashed on the TV too.", Raman said. "Im gonna kill that reporter once I find him. And if any if my rivals are involved, im gonna make sure they regret." , Raman sweared.
"What do we do now Raman? My family, your family, the reputation is at stake.", Ishita whispered.
"What is your say Ishita? What do we do?", Raman asked her. "I dont know Raman. Just do something, please! I cant take any more pressure.", she replied, almost on the verge of tears.
"Ishita, I have a solution. But agree to it only if you feel its the right thing to do, okay?", Raman said holding Ishita by her shoulder. She nodded slightly, still looking down.
"Ishita, marry me!", Raman spoke out in one breath. Ishita looked up at him in shock! "Did he just ask me to marry him?", she thought.
"Listen to me, Mihika wants to see you married before her. Our marriage will make it easier fir Mihir and Mihika. Moreover, I wasn't marrying because I couldnt find someone who could understand me and my love towards work. But I know you understand me better than anyone else. You wont be bothered by my workaholism. Moreover, your parents will be relieved. I know how it feels to have an unmarried daughter.", Raman went on to explain.
"Ishita, my mom is going to be the happiest person on earth seeing me married. And my family is my priority. I know its the same for you too. So if this makes our families happy, why not?", Raman finished, looking expectantly at Ishita.
She calmly absorbed whatever Raman had said. Raman just asked her to marry him. Was he in love with her, just as she was with him? Was he doing it just for his family? Was it pity after knowing about her condition? Was it sympathy? She couldnt make out. But what he said made sense to her. She could do anything for her family. And this step could give them immense joy.
Raman was still standing with both his hands on her shoulders, looking at her. He was admiring her beauty. She looked divine in saree. She was gorgeous. I love you Ishita, Really! He thought. But I dont know about your feelings for me. I wish I could tell you how much Im crazy about you. I'd scream at the top of my voice and not bother about who is looking.
Ishita looked up at Raman slowly. "Raman, I can do anything to make amma, appa and Mihika happy. And I trust you. Completely. Im okay with your decision Raman. Im okay with marrying you.", she said. A smile broke out on Ramans lips. His dream of having Ishita as his life partner was coming true, if not in the way he wanted it to.
"And yes, you and me can continue meeting Ruhi and the kids at the NGO just like we used to.", Raman said to lighten the mood as they walked back into the room.
Raman held Ishitas hand in his as they walked towards the living area where everyone sat. She felt a bolt of current pass through her nerves as he did that. She felt good that Raman was showing his right over her.
"Maa, Vishwa sir, theres something me and Ishita want to tell all of you.", Raman said taking the initiative. Mihikas eyes fell on their hands. The way they were entangled made her smile. She poked at Mihir and pointed out to him. He was elated too.
"Me and Ishita want to get married.", Raman spoke out finally. Everyone recovered from their initial shock. All were happy. Everyone was elated.
"So bhai! You finally found someone huh!!", Romi came ahead to hug him. "Yea chotte",Raman said hugging him back.
Toshiji went to Ishita. Ishita bent down to touch her feet. Toshi blessed her and hugged her tight. " Aunty, there's something you should know before you give your approval.", Ishita said.

"I know what i need to know beta. And nothing matters to me more than Raman's happiness. If Raman is happy with you, im happy too. And call me maa. Im not your aunty." Toshi said. "Thanks maa.. I really must have done something good to deserve someone like you as my mother.", Ishita said smiling.
Mihir and Mihika hugged Ishita too. Ishita then went to a teary Madhu. "Amma, what make you cry now? I said yes to get married.", she said hugging her mother. Vishwa ran his hand through Ishita's head.
"So, since my akka has finally agreed to get married, i think we should celebrate! And Raman sir, any celebration at Iyer house is incomplete without Kulfi!", Mihika announced. "So how about kulfi for everyone? Me and Mihir can go and get it" she asked.
"Yea i know you guys want to spend some time alone. Go ahead!! All of us will have kulfi today!", Romi said.. Raman and Ishita sat opposite each other, stealing glances and blushing.
Their engagement was fixed for the next week and wedding would happen another week later. Raman and Ishita, Mihir and Mihika would get married on the same day.
The Bhallas soon bid bye and off they went. It was the perfect ending to an awesome evening!
Ishita was standing at her balcony, staring at the starry night, when she got a call from Raman.
"Hey! Still awake?", He said.
"Yea. Still trying to digest whatever happened today!", she replied.
"Hmm.. Was unexpected, wasn't it? Lives have changed overnight."
"Yea! Last night, i was thinking if im ever gonna get married. And here i am, 24 hours later, ready to get engaged in a week.", she said.
"so are we meeting tomorrow? At the NGO? We need to tell Ruhi!" Raman said.
"Yea. I have appointmens till 3. Can we meet at 4?", she asked.
"Yea sure. I'll be there", he replied back. "Good night Ishita"
"Good Night Raman.", she said and disconnected the call. She still couldn't believe her destiny. She was the happiest person on earth to have Raman Bhalla as her friend. But who knew she would soon be Mrs Ishita Raman Bhalla! Wow, that sounded nice. But did Raman love her like she loved him? Or was it just a matter of convenience for him? This thought created havoc in her mind. She, however, chose to keep the thought aside and cherish these moments. Off she went to bed, with a smile playing on her lips.
They were sitting with Ruhi in the evening. "Hey.. Hows my princess?", Ishita asked hugging Ruhi. "Ruhi is fine aunty. Ruhi missed you!", she replied in her cute baby tone.. "Awww baby, aunty missed you too, lots!", she said holding her arms wide. Ruhi giggled and hugged Ishita again.
Raman stood aside and saw them together. There was a special bond between Ruhi and Ishita that no one could understand ever. It was just special. And Raman loved to see them together. Watching them together gave him a special happiness that nothing else would. These two ladies were just so special to him.
"So you missed only your Ishita aunty Haan! Nothing for Raman uncle?", Raman asked joining them. "Raman uncle..", Ruhi squealed in joy and jumped into his arms. He lifted her up and swung her in the air. It was their way of greeting each other. Ruhi enjoyed it a lot.
After playing with Ruhi and pampering her a bit, Raman and Ishita sat down with her. "Baby listen", Ishita said. "Me and Raman uncle are goin to get married."
Ruhi's face fell immediately. She remembered the last time someone said something about Ishita's marriage. "That means, you wont come to meet me na aunty?", she asked almost crying. Ishita was in tears too. How innocent kids were. Wish the world was like them. Raman lifted her to make her sit on his lap.
"Listen rockstar. Marriage doesn't mean your Ishita aunty will go away from you. Both of us will come to meet you. Just like we do now. No change. I promise.", Raman said cradling her in his arms.
Ruhi looked convinced. "Pakka Raman uncle?", she asked. "Yes pakka", he replied. Ruhi was smiling again. But her face fell in a second. She looked confused.
"What is it princess?", Ishita asked concerned. "What is marry aunty?", Ruhi asked innocently.
Raman laughed out loud. Ishita too smiled. "Marriage is when a boy and a girl promise to stay with each other in good times and bad.", Ishita went on to explain. "They decide to be friends forever."
"So you and Raman uncle will be best friends now?", she asked Ishita. Ishita looked at Raman. He was looking back at her. "I hope Princess, that your Raman uncle and me will be the best of friends forever.", Ishita replied still looking at Raman.
shravani_2311 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wow...such a marvellous updte...
aww...thy love each othr bt fear of rejctn...
i csnt stop reading dis updte in nce..i will a mak a round mre...
nd 10 days long yar...tht too at dis point of tym...
any ways have a safe jrny...
will b eagrly waitng vfr nxt updte...