Harsh Chhaya speaks about BV

rohini55 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/television/harsh-chhaya-to-make-comeback-with-ajeeb-dastaan-hai-ye-says-not-interested-in-playing-father/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rohini55 thumbnail
Title is misleading. He speaks about his "small role" in BV , among other things.
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
TFS

What he said about current TV shows is true.Male leads and male characters as such don't have much to do.

Increas in no of channels and no of shows didn't exactly lead to improvement in quality.

Not many people can be like him and chose to stay away from the kind of roles they don't want to do.

Must be quite difficult to get work too now a days.

Anyways if he has chosen to do this role after such a long time then the role must have sounded good on paper and hopefully it will turn out well too.

As Palash he has been fascinating and creepy at the same time.
rohini55 thumbnail
Harsh was outstanding in Hasrataein. The story was beautifully, written, executed an acted. And though the leads were in an adulterous relationship, the story was told in a such way that the audience preferred them to be together than with their respective spouses. The story had nuances and was layered which no longer works on TV. Somewhat like the Pak serials being shown on Zindagi channel.

There were many serials in this genre -- sailaab, Sparsh, thoda hai, thode ki zaroorat hai, saans and so on. In all these the leads were in complex relationships and had to make conscious choices rather than being forced to be together by circumstances. The dialogues and the thought processes decided the story rather than stupid twists and turns.

Sigh! How I long for those days. The decline started with Ektaa kapoor's dumbed down, melyodramatic plots and she has ensured that all serials follow her basic plot and her style of story- telling. BV has been the sole exception (now Udaan to an extent) to this awful, set way of establishing the characters and moving the story.

Ansh have been an exceptonal couple in that till today they have not had a serious MU or separation ( hope it remains that way!) Dadisa, Jagya all have been unique characters. That is why it is so sad that BV is going from episode to episode rather than telling a gripping story which the CVs were so good at.
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I have not watched Hasratein etc.Caught a few scenes here and there mainly for the performances.

I most of the time disagreed with the stories but it was the way the scenes were written and performed by people like Harsha Chhaya used to grab my attention.

Then after that Ekta Kapoor came and ruined everything thanks to her I stopped watching Indian Television.

Balika Vadhu made me return to Indian Television.It interested me mainly because of the way they brought out a social evil like child marriage and the plight of women in rural India and more importantly they way they showed how they affect the psyche of a person and influence inter personal relationships.

Like the stand they take and the way they stick to their belief that everyone should be given a second chance in life.They are mocked for their belief but they continue with it.

I am sure this Palash character too will be dealt with lot of compassion by the writer.

Prophet_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
TFS . What he said about today's TV shows is very true .
goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Tfs.

TV is actually a very powerful medium, but unfortunately has never been used to full extent. Today's TV shows are mostly stereotyped.

BV was definitely an exception. In fact, few other shows of colors in the early days of channel were. I came back to TV as regular viewer with colors earlier shows only.

Harsh's new show sounds pretty interesting. Liking his character in BV as well.
luv_serials thumbnail
tfs - i think he is adding the much needed spice in bv
Nandita_Siddian thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thank for sharing...😊
Harsh is a very good actor...👏..
Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
TFS...I just love Harsh Chayya