SheWantsFanfic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Sequel to How you Find her.
i ran away with the words.
Studied some psychology today and I took a break.
This is the result!
Dedicated to all those who love happy endings!

How you keep her.

Your fingers itch.
So does your heart.
You move in closer, thanking god for the kindness.
None of her roommates are going to be there for the night.
She is though.
And she's all that really matters.
You hear a tiny gasp.
It's her.
You look at her astonished eyes, open mouth and tear stained face.
You expect her to demand reasons and explainations and answers.
She doesn't say a word.
Her breathing is shallow and she just sits there, rooted to the spot.
She's always made the first move.
It's time you did that now.
You sit down close to her and you watch her move away.
You assure her  you won't hurt her with a soft whisper and you pull her into your arms.
She goes limp and irresponsive.
You carry her to her bed and lay her down.
She looks at you with glazed over eyes, tears spilling into the pillow.
You awkwardly fumble and tell her in plain frank words that you won't lose her.
She remains silent.
You wipe away her tears with shaking hands and she looks at you, concern  overcoming her mask
She asks you then, with trembling lips : Did you take your medicines.
You shake your head.
She sits up.
Her eyes burn.
She grabs your collar and mutters.
Curses, curses and more tears.
She calls you names, she sobs hard.
You ask her why she cares.
She stiffens.
Her hands leave your collar.
 She tells you to go.
Her eyes beg you to stay.
So you stay, sitting there, watching her cry.
Your heart aches.
Your hands reach for hers.
You hold them and pull her into you.
She struggles.
And suddenly she surrenders.
She lets you hold her.
You find yourself rubbing her back in soothing movements as she sobs into your shoulder.
Don't leave me 
She pushes you away the moment those words leave her lips.
She's scared of you again.
You assure her you don't want to leave but you have to.
She mummbles something about having no one.
You tell her to stop being dramatic.
You tell her she has you and your roommates and her roommate.
You tell her you will find out the real ******* who did this.
You tell her you will be there.
She looks at you then, eyes shining with tears and hope.
She leans against you and thanks you.
You place a soft kiss on her tear stained lips and you tell her in a friendship there is no thanks or sorry.
She smiles and asks you if you kiss all your friends.
You smirk and pull her into your lap and smother her face with kisses.
You tell her she gets special treatment.
She smiles and kisses your cheek.
You wrap your arms around her.
You spend an hour holding her like that, comforting her and comforting yourself.
You bury your face in her hair.
You let her put her arms around your neck and kiss you softly.
And then,it's time to leave.
You tell her you must leave, you can't get caught like this for both your sakes.
She nods.
You assure her you'll be there to hold her hand and help her get through the next day, and the day after and the months to come.
She smiles.
You kiss her a last time.
You make her remove the suffocating sweater and you tuck her into bed.
She whispers a goodnight.
You kiss her forehead and you mutter sweet dreams.
She watches you leave with a smile on her face.
You promise to yourself.
This is how you will keep her.

You sneak back and crawl into bed.
As your eyes close, you see her again.
This is how you keep her.
In your dreams. 
In your thoughts and in your heart.
You keep her smiling the next day as you hold her hand in yours, offering comfort.
You keep her safe from the boys who try to get fresh with her, with your arm around her shoulder, warning the world she's yours.
You keep her sane, holding her back when they cart off that rascal Vikas to a jail cell. (You keep yourself sane too, you want to kill the ******* but you assure yourself that a broken arm and a bloody lip along with two black eyes and years of jail is punishment enough)
You keep her polite when she has to sue the mobile company.
You keep her rational, making her pay off her debts and putting the rest into a fixed deposit.
You keep her surprised, never asking her to be your girlfriend, but directly asking her to marry you, with an old fashioned ring that belonged to your mom on the last day of your fourth year.
She keeps you on the tetherhooks...for a nerve wrecking day before she finally says yes and you slip the ring onto her finger.
You keep her anxious, telling her you want her to meet your mother.
Your mother keeps you both in laughter by cracking jokes and snapping pictures with her old camera.
You keep her nervous, telling her you might die everytime you go for a check up. 
She keeps hitting you everytime your results turnout normal.
You keep her guessing about the honeymoon location.
She keeps you guessing about her nightwear.
You have plenty of imagination and you keep guessing.
She keeps rolling her eyes and whacks you with her fashion magazine when you say Birthday suit'

She keeps crying throughout your wedding.
You keep looking at her, asking her if she has changed her mind.
She frowns and cries harder.
She explains she's crying because she's happy.

In the end, its all worth it.
She leaves the engineering thing after doing a 9 to 5 job for 4 years and collecting a lot of sum in that fixed deposit that you opened.
She starts a blog and she turns to spending her time with things she's passionate about.
You thank god you are one of them.
She sings in the shower, meditates in the hall.
She cooks the most amazing meals you have ever had.
She writes romance novels- she's on her third one. 
The last two were loosely based on your romance in FITE and your friends lovestory.
Her third, is a supernatural romance.With a lot of romance
She lets you read bits of it.
She smiles when you suggest making fiction a reality.
And so you do that.

You keep eachother.
You keep each other happy.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Moony87 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Perfecttt... Absolutely perfect... You gave them a wonderful ending.. No words.. Again this is too good for me to comment on it.. Sheer sheer bliss.. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
SheWantsFanfic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Moony87

Perfecttt... Absolutely perfect... You gave them a wonderful ending.. No words.. Again this is too good for me to comment on it.. Sheer sheer bliss.. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

This was cheesy.
Bu well.
Ah, too much ronna dhoona in whatever I write so this is mushy!
Aye would be proud!πŸ˜†
Moony87 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Okay another attempt to do full justice to this wonderful ending.
Ash.. First things first... I could visualize it. My fav parts.. 

1. Did you take your medicines.. Yess she always thinks of him no matter what.. Jeet liya with this line πŸ‘
2. Kiss her say frenz.. (so like Sanyukta.. LOL )
3. She asks he kisses all her frenz (Eggjhactly my question πŸ₯±)
4. He smothers her face with kisses (Eggjhactly my WANTED answer ) πŸ‘
5. Uff the small romantic moments. πŸ˜³
6. Him supporting her.. πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³
7, The WHOLE POST ENGINEERING LIFEEE... 

Babes this was a fairy tale.. πŸ˜³

aimyx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
By now,I'm sure you are aware of the fact that I'm awestricken by your writing skills.So!!
This is such a perfect OS..!! Really loved it and had a smile throughout.
Really loved this portion..!! IDK why!!
"As your eyes close, you see her again.
In your dreams.
In your thoughts and in your heart."
And their life after college. So cuutee..!! Reading their life after college always makes me happy.
And haan,something not-so-important. I really hope she sues the mobile company in the show.😑
senasenapati thumbnail
Hey ash!! firstly a big big clapπŸ‘
this os of yours has created a necessity of introduction of a new word n dictionary which can praise its beauty cause my words are not enough to estimate its beauty but for now the word PERFECT wil be perfect for this one...
you may have heard this many times from others ...stil want to say it YOU ARE REALLY VERY TALENTED GIRL!!
Ive read all the sequel in one go and they are just awesome...

in part one every word of yours reflect truth about this so called developing society...they never think twice before certify a girl characterless...when it comes to judging a girl they just switch on to their narrow minded thinkings and put a stamp of cheap on you..😑😑😑

i hated parth for keeping his bloody mouth shut when she was going through dirty accusations...his intellingent mind always come to a halt when its about understanding her pain and probleams...how he didnt realise ...how modern a girl may be but she cannot do such cheap things only to get attention.
god forbid any girl has to pass this kind of situations...and if this happens may her closed ones stand for her...cause the pain is beyond unbearable when you find your closed ones leading the same crowd demanding you for an explanations for what you havent done...

last part was my favourite cause i always prefer a happy ending...their meeting with parents, marriage, honeymoon..everything was fantastic...

i so loved it yaar!!
love 
suprabha

ps do pm me if you write more..
Nomadic_Vibe thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
First of all ash Iwould like to say I m absolutely livid with u for not scraping or pming n ...so no hi n directly a demand u to pm me wen u write such amazing stuff yaar...this was so damn...so damn...heck I have no words n u have done d unthinkable n made me shreya at lose of words so congrats n job well done...u know those abnoxiously perfect painting n peorty where there is no scope for complient...this update was like that so well done yaar coz that was perfection on my pc screenπŸ‘
sweetbutbroken thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Burn_the_Ashes

Sequel to How you Find her.
i ran away with the words.
Studied some psychology today and I took a break.
This is the result!
Dedicated to all those who love happy endings! Meaning me πŸ˜†

How you keep her.

Your fingers itch. Huh? Interesting... very interesting.
So does your heart.
You move in closer, thanking god for the kindness. Still not understanding, but I'm loving the suspense.
None of her roommates are going to be there for the night. Ohh I got you Parth πŸ˜‰
She is though.
And she's all that really matters. Romantic hero number 1 
You hear a tiny gasp. Oh that's right... in the last part he had confessed his feelings to himself, but he has yet to confess them to her.
It's her.
You look at her astonished eyes, open mouth and tear stained face. I bet she still looks beautiful, even though she's crying. People which such beautiful souls look amazing no matter what.
You expect her to demand reasons and explainations and answers.
She doesn't say a word. Because you've broken her, remember? You turned her into a "shadow" of the person she once was, and the sad part is that only you have the power to change her back.
Her breathing is shallow and she just sits there, rooted to the spot.
She's always made the first move. That's so true. Parth has never made the first move, forget first, Parth has never made any move... unless it was under the influence of alcohol, or for his ulterior motives (I still haven't forgotten that cheek wala kiss Parth πŸ˜‘)
It's time you did that now. Well what do you know... Parth has finally grown a BRAIN!!! Lol, jokes apart though, I like that you've shown Parth noticing that Vidushi's always made the first move. It shows how, even when he thought he hated her, he was still aware of every move she made.
You sit down close to her and you watch her move away. Oh Gosh. That's just plain mean yaar Ash. Not mean of Vidushi to move away, but mean of you to write such an emotional sentence. I wasn't planning on crying, but I feel like by the end of this I will be swimming in tears.
You assure her  you won't hurt her with a soft whisper and you pull her into your arms. So gentle. So soft. So genuine. This is all I ever want from Parth. For him to see that Vidushi is breakable, that she can be torn down by his words and actions. I want him to care for her, genuinely care for her. I want him to be soft with her like he was after yelling at all the FITE students for the video-wala drama. I want him to hug her like she's his lifeline, and he hers.
She goes limp and irresponsive. πŸ˜­ She's so far broken that even the thing she used to CRAVE for can't seem to piece her back together. At one point in time she would have given anything to be in this position with him. This sounds so amazing in writing, I can't even imagine what it would be like if it was actually shown on the show.
You carry her to her bed and lay her down. Being the gentlemen you're slowly turning into 
She looks at you with glazed over eyes, tears spilling into the pillow. She's confused. She's scared. She's vulnerable. And she doesn't want to be any of those things because she knows the hold you have over her. She knows that you could bring her down in just a few seconds with your words.
You awkwardly fumble and tell her in plain frank words that you won't lose her. I like the awkward fumble there. It takes away from the all the emotional stuff going on a little. And his words πŸ˜³ Those words are the ones that every girl wants to hear.
She remains silent. Every girl except Vidushi maybe.
You wipe away her tears with shaking hands and she looks at you, concern  overcoming her mask He wipes her tears and my heart expands with happiness. And shaking hands... because of his disease? Or because he's overwhelmed by the love he feels for her? Or maybe a bit of both. Either way, the gesture is full of love and full of promise, I only hope Vids sees that too.
She asks you then, with trembling lips : Did you take your medicines. How selfless can one girl be? Seriously, she is one in a million (even though she's a fictional character, I'm sure there's a Vidushi out there). She's still crying, but the only thing she can think about is Parth and his health. 
You shake your head. Idiot -.- Do you have a death wish or something. Please tell me if so because right now I would take pleasure in murdering you.
She sits up.
Her eyes burn. That description πŸ‘
She grabs your collar and mutters.
Curses, curses and more tears. Oh the poor thing πŸ˜­ I can't see her like this. I still don't understand why she even cares about Parth anymore, especially after the way he's treated her. If I was in her position I would have turned around, given him one hard slap, and then walked away from his life. He doesn't deserve someone as amazing as her (I'm talking about the show here, not your OS).
She calls you names, she sobs hard.
You ask her why she cares. Please slap yourself Parth, no please do it. Why the hell would you ask something like that? I can't even count the number of times Vidushi has told you that she loves you because there's so many. And you STILL don't understand the extent of her love.
She stiffens.
Her hands leave your collar.
 She tells you to go. 
Her eyes beg you to stay. IN LOVE WITH THIS, the last two lines. Her mouth says one thing, but her eyes tell a whole other story. I love contradictory statements like this, they paint such beautiful pictures in my mind.
So you stay, sitting there, watching her cry. For once you make the right decision.
Your heart aches. Glad to know you have a heart... Ok now I'm just being rude so I'll stop.
Your hands reach for hers. Awww this is really cute 
You hold them and pull her into you. I want a Parth in my life (your Parth, not the show wala)
She struggles.
And suddenly she surrenders. WOAH!! B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!! "Surrenders" is such an emotive way of putting it... she gives in to the urge to be comforted by him, to be WITH him.
She lets you hold her.
You find yourself rubbing her back in soothing movements as she sobs into your shoulder.  Please just stay like this always.
Don't leave me Once again you've shown her vulnerable side. I love how Vidushi is not self-conscious in front of Parth. She's herself, with an accept it or leave it attitude. It's something I really admire in her.
She pushes you away the moment those words leave her lips. 
She's scared of you again. She's scared of the way you make her feel and she doesn't want to get used to it just in case you change your mind suddenly.
You assure her you don't want to leave but you have to.
She mumbles something about having no one. I hate it when people say that (I've said it plenty of times, so I'm not judging)... There is always someone! No matter how alone you are, someone is always there for you. Sometimes it just takes a little time to find out who they are.
You tell her to stop being dramatic. Dumbo... only you would say something like that to a girl who's crying πŸ˜†
You tell her she has you and your roommates and her roommate.
You tell her you will find out the real ******* who did this.
You tell her you will be there. Now those are the right words to a girls heart. Well done πŸ‘
She looks at you then, eyes shining with tears and hope. I love you descriptions yaar. You can give even the most inanimate and boring objects life!
She leans against you and thanks you.
You place a soft kiss on her tear stained lips and you tell her in a friendship there is no thanks or sorry. WAIT WHAT??? THEY JUST KISSED... unexpected to the max. But hold up, he kisses her and then calls her his friend... confused much Parth πŸ˜†
She smiles and asks you if you kiss all your friends. πŸ€£ hahahahahah Vids noticed too!
You smirk and pull her into your lap and smother her face with kisses. β˜ΊοΈ NOOO STOP before my heart explodes from happiness.
You tell her she gets special treatment. Awww Parth you say the sweetest things sometimes.
She smiles and kisses your cheek. 
You wrap your arms around her. I love how Parth is so muscular and tall, and Vids is petite. She doesn't need any protecting because the girl stands on her own two feet, but whenever they hug I get this sense that Parth is protecting her in a way. This is why I want a guy much taller than me (not sure if I'll ever find someone like that though).
You spend an hour holding her like that, comforting her and comforting yourself.
You bury your face in her hair. They're such a cute cliche couple sometimes.
You let her put her arms around your neck and kiss you softly. Soft kisses are the best. Hot and heavy is one thing, but soft kisses always show the pure love between the couple.
And then,it's time to leave.
You tell her you must leave, you can't get caught like this for both your sakes.
She nods. 
You assure her you'll be there to hold her hand and help her get through the next day, and the day after and the months to come. Awww since when did he become such a romantic... and where did he learn such beautiful lines πŸ˜‰ (all courtesy of you Ash).
She smiles.
You kiss her a last time. For today... not forever.
You make her remove the suffocating sweater and you tuck her into bed. He's so considerate  I'll be honest here, I got shivers imagining him taking off that sweater for her β˜ΊοΈ
She whispers a goodnight.
You kiss her forehead and you mutter sweet dreams.
She watches you leave with a smile on her face. And she's back... He managed to piece together all the broken pieces, and with some extra love, he's turned her into someone even better. 
You promise to yourself.
This is how you will keep her. THESE LAST TWO LINES πŸ‘ If we were in the same room right now i would have hugged you for these lines. "This is how you will keep her" that's a promise filled with so much hope and love... and I've never heard anyone say anything of that sort before. Original, emotional and romantic at the same time.

You sneak back and crawl into bed.
As your eyes close, you see her again. Awww 
In your dreams. beautiful once again... love the reference back to the title, just like how you did in your last OS in this series.
In your thoughts and in your heart.
You keep her smiling the next day as you hold her hand in yours, offering comfort. πŸ˜­ They're happy tears ok, because Vidarth are finally together.
You keep her safe from the boys who try to get fresh with her, with your arm around her shoulder, warning the world she's yours.  Ohhh protective Parth is damn HOT!!
You keep her sane, holding her back when they cart off that rascal Vikas to a jail cell. (You keep yourself sane too, you want to kill the ******* but you assure yourself that a broken arm and a bloody lip along with two black eyes and years of jail is punishment enough) Oh gosh how I wish that Parth had actually suffocated that jerk when he had the chance!
You keep her polite when she has to sue the mobile company. Hahaha i can just imagine Parth having to hold back a feisty Vidushi.
You keep her rational, making her pay off her debts and putting the rest into a fixed deposit. Looks like there's no more online shopping for Vids. I like how he's acting slightly parental with her. I've read this quote somewhere that "The perfect relationship: Talk like best friends, play like children, argue like husband & wife, and protect each other like brother and sister."
You keep her surprised, never asking her to be your girlfriend, but directly asking her to marry you, with an old fashioned ring that belonged to your mom on the last day of your fourth year. WOAH WOAH WOAH WHAT?? He asked her to marry him... last day of fourth year?? And hold up, he never actually asks her to be his girlfriend πŸ˜† So what exactly were they this whole time.
She keeps you on the tetherhooks...for a nerve wrecking day before she finally says yes and you slip the ring onto her finger. hahah the same old Vidushi... making him suffer and wait before she actually says yes, even though she knew her answer from the moment he asked her the question.
You keep her anxious, telling her you want her to meet your mother. Awww cute.
Your mother keeps you both in laughter by cracking jokes and snapping pictures with her old camera. Just a random question... but are Parth's parents ever mentioned in Sadda Haq? I didn't watch much before so I'm not too sure.
You keep her nervous, telling her you might die every time you go for a check up.WHAT A JERK!! She's probably having a heart attack because she's so worried about you, and here you are teasing her about it... but honestly, it's so funny πŸ˜†
She keeps hitting you every time your results turnout normal. πŸ€£ πŸ€£ hahahahaha now this is something that I have to see on the show... Vidushi trying to hit Parth would be the cutest thing ever.
You keep her guessing about the honeymoon location. Given his new romantic side, I'm sure that it's some place really special.
She keeps you guessing about her nightwear. ... you can't just say something like that Ash... don't you know by now that you can't say stuff like that to me and not follow up!! Girl you better be writing an OS on their honeymoon and this so called "nightwear" soon.
You have plenty of imagination and you keep guessing. Seriously please write an OS on this... Parth guessing Vidushi's nightwear and then her finally revealing it to him. This would be the cutest (and hottest) thing ever!!!!
She keeps rolling her eyes and whacks you with her fashion magazine when you say Birthday suit' πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ HAHAHA ... what was that? Birthday suit πŸ€£

She keeps crying throughout your wedding. Because all her dreams are finally coming true 
You keep looking at her, asking her if she has changed her mind. Idiot, sometimes you make me want to slap you... but your concern is so cute that I forgive you. He's so adorable like this, worried that she's changed her mind about getting married to him.
She frowns and cries harder.
She explains she's crying because she's happy. Ab samjha πŸ˜†

In the end, its all worth it.
She leaves the engineering thing after doing a 9 to 5 job for 4 years and collecting a lot of sum in that fixed deposit that you opened. I kind of always saw Vidushi as doing something other than engineering... she just doesn't seem that passionate about it sometimes.
She starts a blog and she turns to spending her time with things she's passionate about. Hehe my mind reading abilities are back again... I just mentioned passionate.
You thank god you are one of them. Aww that's such a cute way of putting it.
She sings in the shower, meditates in the hall.
She cooks the most amazing meals you have ever had.
She writes romance novels- she's on her third one. Of course, since the biggest romance story ever is the story of her life.
The last two were loosely based on your romance in FITE and your friends lovestory. MIND READER!! I've said it already! I'm guessing the other story is about Sandhir.
Her third, is a supernatural romance.With a lot of romance
She lets you read bits of it.
She smiles when you suggest making fiction a reality. hehe Parth and his "imagination" 
And so you do that.

You keep eachother.
You keep each other happy. 

Perfect way to end the entire series. It's been such a rollercoaster Ash. From the very first OS to this one, I've enjoyed everything more than I ever thought I would. Like I said at the start, I'm sure by the end I will be rolling in tears. Well I didn't cry my heart out (like with the first OS) but I definitely shed a few tears here and there. It's been such a pleasure reading this, i think it's one of your best works yet. I can only hope that you come up with more writing like this. I'm glad that I took my time reading and reviewing because something as special as this doesn't deserve to be rushed. You are phenomenal and no matter how many times I say it, it won't be enough.

From your biggest fan,
Rae

Happy_hippy thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ash, this is awesome! Keep writing dear.. I just love to read your work! 
basket_101 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Loved this whole OS!
I logged onto IF in the midst of my studying break
only to stumble upon this
Genetics can go take a hike πŸ˜†  I lie.
I need to pass lol

But anyway enough of that
It was such a sweet OS.  I enjoyed reading it!!
Great job!!!! :D

Love, Hinal πŸ€—