Charkravarti samrat vikramaditya

severus1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
The quality of charitra impressed me the most in Samrat Vikramaditya. What a noble king he was...trying to kill himself as his wife now lay dead. 
Most other kings that we hear about in history have a number of wives. 

I guess he belonged to satyuga as Priyamvada just could not fool him even after taking his wife's appearance.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

severus1 thumbnail
I agree. Why we always get the same saas bahu crap. There is a treasure trove in Indian mythology that is yet unexplored. 
All the shows on Sony Pal were not advertised much. But this one I think was the least advertised. I was lucky to catch the first episode and that too only because I caught a little glimpse of Mahamaya in her costume and wondered what it was about.

This is also really well made. Moves at a very good pace and Raja Bhoj is a very good actor. The actor playing samrat vikramaditya could improve though. 
severus1 thumbnail
Great ideas! 👏
Out of all you have mentioned I recently saw the whole Byomkesh Bakshi series on youtube. Even with really poor production values, the stories, screenplay, direction and acting are so good. Rajit Kapoor portrayed him fabulously and love the Kolkata flavour. Otherwise nowadays all the stories are geographically and culturally ambiguous.

I have seen a couple of the Malgudi Days stories on DD Bharati. And have read the books. SO yeah, I concur.

I haven't heard about the others. But who are we kidding, makers are only interested in never ending saas bahu crap.

But one thing is for sure. They need to market more. 

I am sure even the TRP aunties will like to watch mythology. After all, it's automatically sanskari lol.  And Malgudi Days could do so well on Sab Tv. They have a viewer base already while Sony Pal is a new channel.

That Baalveer is pathetic. 

severus1 thumbnail
Oh i just googled Potli baba. It's by Gulzar I see. 
Sounds marvelous. 
severus1 thumbnail
Wow. Thanks for so many suggestions. :)
I have heard of a few ones. Byomkesh Bakshi is just awesome. Have you seen the Poirot (Agatha Christie) series filmed by BBC, the David Suchet ones. They were shown on Zee Cafe for a bit. But I saw all of them on youtube. What I really wanted to say is that apart from the creatives who made that show possible on the telly, even Sharadindu Bandopadhyay surpassed Agatha Christie IMO. 

So Sab tv have rights to Malgudi Days. I bet it would be wildly popular if they remade it. 

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev is good and Mohit Raina has done exceptionally well but I haven't seen it for sometime. Was getting a bit slow and incoherent for me. 

About Chandragupt Maurya, I have never seen it myself. But he was from one of the golden eras of Indian civilization, wasn't he. If they have a good screenplay and actors, then would love to watch it. You know, I watch DD Bharati as like their slow-paced, no adverts sort of programming. And I saw this Bharat Ki Khoj. It's by Shyam Benegal. It just glosses over Indian history but it's on another level. 

I have heard of Pankaj Kapur's Zabaan Sambhal ke but haven't really seen it. He's an acting stalwart of course.
Oh I do watch the Office Office reruns on star utsav sometimes. ANd have you sen the movie. It was brilliant.

I will defo check out Vikram aur Betaal on youtube. I love these fantasy sort of episodics. Really. I did not know that it was rebooted. But maybe the makers did a kachra of it. DId you see Star plus mahabharat. What a joke they made of the great epic.

Acha, Jaspal Bhatti. I know all about him lol. He was from Chandigarh, my hometown so his antics used to be published in the local papers. I have actually seen "FLOP SHOW". It is indeed hilarious. 

And his comedy is so clean, no vulgarity and no toilet humor. He was one of a kind. I don't know if you understand Punjabi. You could watch his films Mahaul Theek Hai and Power Cut which was his last film, the one he was going to promote when he met with the fatal accident.

They are not as good as Flop SHow as there is some melodrama but the comedic elements are really good.

Honestly, there is a dearth of good shows on the telly. It has really become the idiot box now. 

severus1 thumbnail
Poirot is in the murder mystery genre. It gets a bit predictable at times but I quite iike it.:) But defo the ones with David Suchet are the ones to check out. 
I really like Om puri in Bharat ek Khoj. IMO he's a very good orator. Even when he's giving long discourses, I listen to every single word. But all the Dooordarshan channels are really temperamental lol. If it's on today at say 5, it won't be tomorrow and then will be back after a week.

I just love watching DD. It's so relaxing and the guys are so chilled out. Like they will put on whatever. It's a bit like a potluck. 

I have never seen Kahani Hamare Mahabharat ki but considering it's Ekta Mata's I can imagine. Yeah, Nitish Bharadwaj was brilliant and also everyone else. I have seen BR MB and Ramanand Sagar Shri Krishna which also depicts MB, both on Star utsav. Liked the actor in RS Shri krishna too.
Star bharat was a joke. We didn't watch most of it but decided to see Gita pravachan. But didn't they make a mess of it too. Instead of the real life lessons in Gita, they only showed them in relation to Arjun.

Ok I will have a look at DKDM.

The only Asian series I have seen apart from Indian are Pakistani on Zindagi. I must say there actors, screenplay writers, directors etc are all far ahead of us.

Wow, that's one long list. I am saving them to have a lookie for who knows when the IF guys might delete these. I have only seen a few Korean films, no series. 

I like sci fi and fantasy a lot. The Asian ones you mentioned sound especially good. 

Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions to make to you in that genre. The only ones I can think of are X_men but you obviously know all about that. 😃
But if you like crime, there's one series- Jonathan Creek. And it's all available on youtube I think. It's really different as rather than the standard whodunnit, it's the howdunnit.

I can't think of any more suggestions at all.😔

severus1 thumbnail
Arjun really was a sissy in Starbharat. I think they took the actor only because of his popularity but he was totally unsuited to that genre.
I have seen Dexter, a couple of episodes and it's good. But I like a certain period setting, you know like in Poirot, one gets to see the English upper classes. 

I am sure you will like Jonathan Creek, the earlier episodes are quite good and funny too. The new ones with Sheridan Smith are less so. Anyhow I can hardly ever make out her accent.

I see that X-files is on Fox Crime. Will have a lookie.

Actually even the actor playing Samrat Vikramaditya had a role in Starbharat, I think. Frankly I feel he's not much of an actor and really brings Singhasan Battisi down. But Siddharth Arora playing Raja Bhoj is doing a tremendous job. 👍🏼