Neil Bhoopalam talks NH10, 24 & his dream role<3

humdekhenge thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
10 QUESTIONS
Neil Bhoopalam
Theatre artist and film actor Neil Bhoopalam on his film NH-10, opposite Anushka Sharma

COMMENTSPRINT
SHARE ON PINTEREST_SHARESHARE ON EMAIL
TEXT SIZE   

What is NH-10 about?

It's a thriller about a road trip that goes awry. It's about a couple from Delhi who go on a road trip and they realise how the city and rural landscape merge.

Is it a woman-centric film?

Yes, it is a woman-centric film where I play Anushka's husband. We both have done a lot of workshops for it.

You think your role would be sidelined?

My role can't be sidelined even if it is a woman-centric film. I am an integral part of it and I have done full justice to my role.

Between theatre and films, what do you enjoy doing more?

I am more comfortable on stage. Films are still new to me and I am still learning.

What's the main difference between acting on stage and in front of a camera?

There is a slight difference. On stage, you switch up your performance according to the number of the people in the audience. Camera work is much more intimate and intense.

How was the experience working in television series 24?

It was a gruelling shooting schedule to say the least. I had to do a lot of research for my character of a young politician. He had to be authoritative yet likable. I followed a lot of politicians on how their body language is while they are in public.

Would you ever like to get into politics?

No.

What's your dream role?

I would love to play Batman!

And if not an actor?

I would have been in advertising.

What's next?

My next movie Ungli is due to release in November. A couple of more plays and recording forBBC radio next month.

Edited by Bandwagon-er - 9 years ago