I call myself P3 (Parvati 3) : Suhasi Dhami

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago

Suhasi Dhami, who has earlier done shows like Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli and Housewife Hai...Sab Jaanti Hai, has replaced Puja Banerjee as the new Parvati in the show Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev. During a chat with Just ShowBiz, the actress talked about being the third Parvati, working with Mohit Raina and more.

Excerpts:

You have never done a mythological character before. How's the experience working in Mahadev?

It is very different and has its own restrictions. At the same time, we have to keep so many things and human values in mind because I am portraying goddess character Parvati. I have to keep lot of things in mind because people want to see me in different way. They don't want to relate me as human being but human depiction of god. To keep too many things in mind is also very nice. For a normal role we don't have to think so much. We can just react. Sometimes we can just play with our own choice but here we were to be play in certain method.

Mahadev has a history of changing Parvati, with already two replacements. Did you have any nervousness before joining as Parvati ?

No, rather I call my self P3 (Parvati3). I am ok. It's nothing to do with me or anybody, just that things didn't work out. I didn't even think about it.

Your last two shows were very popular. Why did you choose a mythological one for third show?

I want to do something different all the time. As an actor you become quite complacent if you don't do different things at times. So this is something good that came across. It was an on running show and good reputed show. I didn't have to think.

How is the experience of working with Nikhil Sinha?

It's not been very long time, I have just met him once but whatever I heard of him everybody really looks up to him. He is a very nice guy. He produced nice shows.

Mahadev is an mythological show and its tempo is totally different from that of normal shows. What were the preparations you needed to do to enter this kind of character?

We just have to think little slow. Half of the work completes once I wear costume. Once I am in costume, ambience automatically comes. It's not much difficult but it's little different and I have to think slow.

Did you have to work on diction or Hindi vocabulary because of the format of the show?

I was struggling in the beginning with dialogue and the kind of words which we have never spoken in our daily life. It was little difficult but the whole unit is quite adjusting and nobody makes me feel I don't know Hindi.

What has been the most difficult scene to work on till now in Mahadev?

For me it's still to come because I shoot for short span. Till now nothing much has come as difficult scene.

What is it like to work with Mohit Raina?

We had worked together some years back. We knew each other before. He is very cool and right headed person. So there are no clashes shooting with him. Since he is used to change of heroines, he is quite adjusting also. So it's fun working with him.

Normally when actors do mythological shows, they are stereotyped to those characters and are offered same kinds of roles in future. Do you think you will be in the same position?

It used to happen sometime back but reality shows help a lot to come out of this because audience see an actor perform in a daily soap and then one day they see them dancing and feel this guy is different. Audience get to know the real human being for what they are. I have never been worried because I already have done daily soaps and did normal character and now I am doing mythological character. So it's not for me. Nowadays it's not for anybody because audiences are also been quite open.

Speaking about reality shows, which one is your favorite?

I like all the shows. I cannot watch them regularly but I like to watch all the shows.

If you are given a chance to enter the Bigg Boss house. Will you accept the offer?

I think I will take that call once they offer me.

Lastly, message to the fans?

They had been watching Mahadev regularly. It's been lovely support from them. I am talking on the behalf of Mahadev because I have been in Mahadev since only four  months now and I can see that they still like the show. It's the same from almost three years. I would just want them to keep on watching and liking the show and accept the change of Parvati.

http://www.just-showbiz.com/i-call-myself-p3parvati-3-suhasi-dhami/

Edited by -VishaD- - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yagyaseni thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
P3!! Nice and lovely views of Sunasi, yaar!!thanks for sharing, Visha!!
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
p3, ok, she does have a nice sense of humour, and yes, she is a nice person.
rsnarula67 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
 Nice interview.

The lady is a sport  ... 😊
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
P3???? Has she been reading the posts here by any chance Lolz 
kaatayani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rsnarula67

Nice interview.

The lady is a sport  ... 😊

and she calls herself P3.. i was reminded of you instantly πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

very nice answers and very matured practical approach towrds her career 

Originally posted by: kaatayani

and she calls herself P3.. i was reminded of you instantly πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

very nice answers and very matured practical approach towrds her career 

Yes, I agree..if Suhasi's P3 reference has anything to do with this place ( which in all probabilities it does) then the credit for this peculiar "Naamkaran" goes to Reena !.. ⭐️ 
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for posting.😊
She seems to be a level headed girl. πŸ˜Š
vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
very nice interviewπŸ‘ nd beautiful caps
tfs😊