SS : Karna's Princess

RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
my fellow Karna admirers always complained that i never wrote anything exclusively on Karna. well i don't know how many of them are still there , but i am dedicating this short story to the wonderful time i have spent with them.

Disclaimer : this story is completely my fiction and my pov , it deals with some sensitive topic but its not meant to degrade any epic character. People have choice not to read but i can't keep myself from not posting. i am sorry but i am helpless towards my writer self.

The story is inspired by book  Karna's Wife but imagination is completely mine. My short story deals on how a kshatriya princess garlands Karna in sayamvar.

THEME

Uruvi was  Panchal princess, daughter of Drupad and step sister of Panchali, Dhristadyumna and Shikhandi. She was named Rituvati first. Her mother died at childbirth and she was raised by her maternal uncle and aunt the king and queen of Kanchan as they had no child of their own , Drupad decided to give motherless Rituvati to them for better care. Rituvati renamed as Kanchan princess Uruvi since then. She was 10 years younger to Panchali. When Panchali's sayamvar took place she was just a child around 6-7 years. She was present in the sayamvar to witness her sister's marriage. When Panchali refused Karna the hurt face of him left an impression in Uruvi's child heart forever. Unknowingly she fell in love with Karna at the very moment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Vaikartana. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Start the story faaast.Eager to read it Aru
RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
"I wont take a sutaputra as my lord" the harsh words sounded as thunder that hit the tall, shining, golden skinned young man who was without a blink looking at the water pot fixing his arrow up. In a moment a dark shade covered the bright confident handsome face. His intense eyes were filled in utter disbelief . Those hurt eyes were lifted towards The Sun as if to let out some unuttered complain, but it felt that even the Sun couldn't bear those sharp intense gaze and went behind the cloud. Those gaze then got shifted to source of those spear like words, the dark skinned flame of fire, standing with garland in hand, who deliberately avoided those glance.
"angraj Karna didn't you hear what my sister just said? She wont wed a sutaputra, why are you still standing there? Keep the bow down and go back to your sit." ordered the prince of Panchal arrogantly.
The jaw of that grave face clenched as if controlling an urge to attack Dhristadyumna. And then slowly the man put the bow down. A laughter had out broken in the hall.
"why did the sutaputra come here?doesn't he know suta cant marry royal khatriya princess?that too aryavart's most desirable lady? as if a dwarf is trying to get the moon."
Remarks like that could be heard from every corner to the hall as the broken figure slowly returned from the dice.
"I object. This is a grave insult to my friend" stood up prince of Hastinapur. "king Drupad, you had set the rule that whoever will succeed to hit the target will get the princess. You didn't fix barrier of caste to participate in sayamvar, so how can princess reject someone eligible in basis of caste?" he was clearly hurt for his friend.
"this is Draupadi's sayamvar, its her wish whom to chose and whom to reject." stated the king of Panchal.
"No right allows anyone to insult a warrior on basis of caste." stood up Aswathama in support of his two dear friends.
"Everyone cant acquire a royal princess, otherwise yaksh,gandharva,demon, raksas,pishach too would have been invited here." proudly announced the dark beauty looking at a shocked Duryodhan.
"Nice, now even my being human is questioned, if i stay here anymore the way this comparisons are going on i may end up being convinced that i am a ghost myself. Mitra let upper castes enjoy their exclusive customs." a calm, grave yet sarcastic statement with a slight smirk from the man of shining aura as he left the sayamvar hall."
But the sayamvar hadn't remained confided into kshatriyas anymore when panchal prince invited Brahmins and caste conscious princess gladly garlanded that young Brahmin. Hypocrisy much? Oh no Brahmins are above all rules.
But those intense gloomy eyes spoilt all the excitement of taking part in sister's wedding for a six year old.
"Why Panchali didi? Why you had to be so cruel that day? What happened to your loving, caring nature that you show to your dear ones?" tears rolled down her cheek.
"Rajkumari , you are again weeping in sleep." sudden jerk dragged her from the dream. Uruvi slowly opened her eyes and found herself sleeping on bed of her own room in Kanchan palace. worried face of her maids bending over her.
"i am alright " Uruvi wipes her tear. Its not a new thing to her.
"King is thinking for arranging your sayamvar, where you should dream for your future king of heart, you are shading tear for some unknown dream." teases Sarla her sakhi
Uruvi smiles, not a child anymore. She is 19 years old marriageable princess now. Those intense eyes still pierce her heart as hard as it did on that cursed day in Panchal.
Edited by RoseFairy - 9 years ago
.Vaikartana. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nicely written Aru.The sensitive topic is handled with care.And Uruvi ...๐Ÿค—She is so compassionate.Waiting for their first meeting.And the way you described Karna๐Ÿ‘  and Draupadi tooโญ๏ธ
surbhi82 thumbnail
Nice start 
Cont soon..
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wonderfully written! As I always say, you are an innovative writer. The way you turned one's misfortune to another's fortune is amazing.Edited by Brahmaputra - 9 years ago
vidhu22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice update dear waiting for nxt part
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Writer is saved coz show is not dere anymore an forum is not so active lol
sania_58 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
interesting story
nice start
waiting for the next part
panchaali thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nice story๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ love the title though I know Karna's Princess is only meee ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†

but  why  U made Uruvi a kid ๐Ÿ˜”

she was just 6-7!!!! when she saw Karna!!!!๐Ÿ˜ฒ that's a huge age difference...plzz if possible increase her age a bit...

u could have made her at least 13-14...

but this is just req after all its ur story, I am not pressuring u dear ... continue ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by panchaali - 9 years ago