Frequent Posters

yoga123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Nice chapter...thanks for the PM
Deelight thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
lovely update.. princess diaries wow!i neva gotta see the whole film.. hv seen it in parts n i loved it...!!

i gotta read sooo many of ur FF's uff... loving it... luks lyk i shld chk IF once in a month and not daily!
Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Deelight

lovely update.. princess diaries wow!i neva gotta see the whole film.. hv seen it in parts n i loved it...!!

i gotta read sooo many of ur FF's uff... loving it... luks lyk i shld chk IF once in a month and not daily!

😆 Good idea! Should I update once a month too?😉
anky_s thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Waiting for the next update
_Maaneet_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
awesome update
loved maaneet dance
both having feelings for each other
geet accepted it to herself but as usual maan will not accept it and geet too knows about it
waiting for more...
update soon!!!!
ajenn thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Kabab part was really funny, Maan teaching her how to use cutlery. Geet was confident that she could do well. 
But she was in horror looking at kabab and fork. She never used it before.
Poor Dev got hit by the flying kabab.
The dance sequence was really so dreamy. Maan and Geet almost kissed, but as usual the phone ring made them aware what they about to do.
Geet realize her feelings for Maan, she is attracted towards Maan. But she also knows that Maan will never think Geet in such way. And surely it will only lead her to heart-broken situation.
I'm missing dadima in the last update.
Linsie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
December04 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Pls update
super story
real romcom
taahir004 thumbnail
An In Creditable Story

Geet wants to become an Event Manager or Planner but she could not get any job
turning her to become a waitress where she met Dev and Maan
Maan telling Dev that he can change Geet into a high class socialite or even declare her
as some princess and at this statement Geet feels that her dreams can come true
so the next day she gets herself to Maan's house and demands him to train her in English so
that she can get a job eventually Dev too takes this chance and tells Maan that its a bet
and he agrees to train Geet but with that also comes a lot of torture moments for Maan as he saw
Geet's bare legs he had sleepless nights
Daadima comes and she too meets Geet and is happy as she thinks that one of her grandsons
will be married soon to Geet she now has the knowledge that Dev likes Geet as a friend while
Maan is attracted to her but disrespects her status
Maan also seems to have some possessive streaks in him towards Geet
looking forward now to seeing Geet going to the party and making all proud
Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

CHAPTER 14. THE PARTY!

"Where are they? How much time does it take to get ready?", Maan grumbled to Dev who did not even react. This was the fifth time his brother was ranting on this topic and after the first three rants Dev simply tuned his brother out and played Candy Crush on his mobile. Yes! I crossed another level! Dev grinned and continued to play. Maan rolled his eyes and continued to pace in the main hall.

"Of course, it will take time. We have to look our best afterall!", came a voice from the top of the staircase and Maan and Dev turned to see Daadima standing there regally. She had arrived an hour ago and from that time had sequestered herself in Geet's room along with Annie to dress up Geet for her first party as a guest.

"Daadima! How much long will this take? We have a party to go!", Maan growled.

Daadima rolled his eyes, "Patience Maan! Have some patience!"

Maan was about to retort something sharp when he felt his breath being taken away. There stood Geet right beside Daadima, dressed in a golden chudidaar with pink embroidery, her face glowing, her lips red and plump, her eyes twinkling, her cheeks blushing. Suddenly they heard Annie call Geet and Geet turned around. Maan's eyes widened while Dev wolf whistled from beside him. Geet's dress had almost no back and was held together with only one single dori. Maan's eyes roamed the expanse of her back and when she turned back Geet almost stumbled back at the intense look in his eyes. She looked down nervously. Hey Babaji! If ke kept on staring like this, I won't be able to stop myself from falling for him!

Geet was brought out of her thoughts when Daadima grabbed her hand from one side and Annie from other. Together they got down the stairs towards a grinning Dev and slack jawed Maan. "Bro! Kindly lift your jaw from the floor!" Maan snapped his mouth shut while sending a glare towards Dev who continued to grin. Soon all five were out of the door and towards the car. All the while Maan continued to glance at Geet surreptitiously and Geet tried her best to ignore him.

Daadima entered the party hall with Maan and Dev on one side and Geet and Annie on the other. The moment they entered heads turned around as it was very rare for the whole family to be together. And then eyes widened as they noticed the new girl with the Khuranas. Who is she? They wondered. Was this the new bahu of the family? Few ladies whispered. But if she is bahu then who is her would be? Maan or Dev? The question echoed. And soon people flocked towards the Khuranas to know about the beauty with them.

Daadima introduced Geet with pride. No! No! She is not my bahu! Daadima told anyone who asked. She is a family friend staying with us, Daadima informed. Geet gave a pretty smile and spoke in perfect English making Daadima beam in pride while Maan held his head high; his protg was giving her best performance and Maan could not have asked for more. Soon there was talk about Geet all around, some praised her beauty and some her manners and behavior. And once the ladies came to know that she was unattached and single, they were more than eager to know more about her and gossiped to everyone about her.

Geet was pleased with herself. She had everyone impressed with her performance and she was sure that she had already passed her test. Her smile faltered a little when she remembered how the ladies had asked about her marital status and wanted her to meet their sons. Ya right! I am going to learn everything from Maan Sir and become the best event manager in the world. I won't be some bahu shahu to these rich pretentious ladies! I will never be a typical trophy wife to their sons! She made a face and then turned her expression into smile when another lady greeted and complimented her beauty. Waise... where are those snobbish aunties who were supposed to sugar coat their taunts? Geet mused not knowing that Daadima and Annie had kept the worst at the bay and allowed only ladies who did not have vicious tongues near Geet. They did not want Geet to get hurt when she seemed so happy to go to the party.

Daadima nudged Geet and looked towards a lady coming towards them. Geet looked in the lady's direction. Daadima leaned sideways and whispered to Geet ,"Do you see that lady?" Geet nodded and Daadima continued, "She is Miss. Swamini Vadhera, CEO to Vadhera Associates, the biggest firm in Chandigarh. Their net worth is more than the Khuranas! She is Vidisha's best friend so she is always invited to such parties!" Geet nodded as she took in Daadima's words. This was something Daadima kept on doing the whole evening; telling her about every lady they were about to meet. Geet readied herself to meet another snobbish lady.

"Savitri Deviji! How are you?", Swamini Vadhera arrived and hugged Daadima who hugged her back. Geet noticed that Daadima was meeting this lady with a genuine smile on her face; unlike earlier when Daadima gave fake smiles to every lady they met. Geet realised that this lady was different from the ones she met till now.

"Geet inse milo! Yeh hai Ms. Swamini Vadhera! Aur Miss. Vadhera, yeh hai Geet humaari ek saheli ki beti!", Daadima's words brought Geet out of her thoughts. "Hello beta!", Miss. Vadhera greeted her with a genuine smile on her face. Geet smiled and greeted back. Ms. Vadhera went back to conversing with Daadima. Geet looked around wondering where Dev, Maan and Annie were. Just as she spotted Dev, Daadima said something that brought her attention to the conversation between Daadima and Ms. Vadhera.

"By the way, where is your nephew? Where is Viren?", Daadima asked and Ms. Vadhera smiled while looking around, "Yahi kahi hoga! He must be here somewhere!"

"Are you searching for any girl for him? After all uski bhi toh shaadi ki umar ho chuki hai! (He is also of marriageable age!)", Daadima spoke and Geet blinked. Her nephew is single and she has yet to ask me about marriage? What a well behaved lady! Not like rest of them who literally jumped on me like I was their prey! Geet was getting impressed by this lady who was dressed in elegant and classy Saree.

"Of course! Hum ladki dhoond rahe hain! Lekin aap toh Viren ko jaanti ho na! Itna sharmeela hai, itna shaant hai! Jab ladki dikhaayi toh agar pasand bhi aagayi toh bata nahi paata! Aur kaisi ladki chaahiye yeh bhi nahi bataata!  Pareshaan ho gaye hain hum iss ladke se! (Of course! We are searching for a girl! But you know Viren! He is so shy and so calm! If I showed him a girl, even if he liked her he would not be able to tell me! And what kind of girl does he want, he does not even tell me that! I am so fed up of this boy!)", Ms. Vadhera lamented and Daadima shook her head.

"Arre! Viren chup rehta hai yahi achcha! Warna Maan ko dekho! Seedhe mooh ladki ko dekhta bhi nahi, bas reject kar deta hai! Hum toh tang aa chuke hain apne poton se! (Viren being quiet is way better! Or else look at Maan! He doesn't even talk to the girl properly, he just rejects her! I am so tired of my grandsons!)", Daadima sighed in sadness.

Geet chuckled. These two ladies and their single children! Both men, Maan and Viren seem so opposite! And yet both give the same trouble to their family; the trouble of not getting married. But why am I thinking about this? I have better things to do! She looked around and grinned when Annie waved at her and then signaled her to join her. Geet excused herself and walked off to talk to Annie. Behind her Ms. Vadhera and Daadima sighed and complained about Maan, Viren and their bachelor status.

An hour had passed since they entered the party and Geet was tired of all the small talks she had to do. Her jaw was aching due to smiling so much and the heels were killing her feet. When she worked as waitress, they used to get a break where she would remove her heels and let her feet rest, but she cannot even do that now. For the first time, she wished she was a waitress and she could remove the heels in the kitchen and relax. She sighed and Annie noticing it grabbed her hand and squeezed it. Geet smiled at her. After wandering around for a while Annie and Geet joined Annie's friends and now Geet just wished for the party to end so that she could remove her heels; and then maybe soak in the bath tub. Geet smiled dreamily as she imagined resting in the bathtub with bubbles coming out of it and Maan sitting on the edge passing her... Ek minute! Maan? What? Her eyes opened wide as she realised what she thought. Hey Babaji! I am doomed!

"Maan bete! Don't you think you have done enough drooling?"

Maan was brought out of his Geet staring session by Daadima.

"Drooling? What? Daadima! You are talking rubbish!", Maan muttered while looking away from Geet.

Daadima rolled her eyes, "Don't lie to me! I am your Daadima! I raised you since your childhood. I know all your tells! You were staring!"

Maan huffed but remained silent.

Daadima smiled, "You know what, Maan! Go! Go and ask her to dance!"

Maan was shocked, "What? No way!"

Daadima shook her head, "Kuyn nahi? Go! We are here to enjoy the party, now go and enjoy!"

"Daadima...", Maan whined but Daadima gave him a stern look and Maan sighed, "Fine! I will do it! But only because you asked me to do it! Not because I like Geet or something!"

"Like? I did not say a single thing about like. I just said you were drooling! You are the one who said like! Do you like Geet?", Daadima questioned excitedly.

Maan rolled his eyes, "You know what! I am out of here! Dancing is better option than talking to you!"

Maan turned to walk away but Daadima could not resist but taunt him, "Of course it is! After all, you will be dancing with Geet!"

Maan growled but did not look back and continued to walk towards Geet.

Geet was lost in her thoughts when Maan stormed over and asked her to dance.

"Kya? What?", Geet was confused.

"Geet! Maan Bhai asked you to dance!", Annie informed her and Geet looked at her and then at Maan who had his hand raised in front of her. As it clicked to her what was happening, her mind reminded her of their dance practice and their almost kiss. She took a sharp breath at the memory.

Annie took her expression as hesitation and prodded, "Geet? Jaao na! Go! Enjoy!" Geet gave her an uneasy smile and placed her hand in Maan's. He grasped her hand firmly but gently. They moved towards the dance floor just as a slow romantic song started playing. Music played around as Maan and Geet stood amongst the other dancers looking awkwardly at each other. Geet's eyes remained on her shoes while Maan's eyes flitted around uncomfortably. While looking around Maan noticed how most of the dancers were already in each others' arms and starting to move. He took a deep breath and grabbed Geet's hand.  Geet, who was nervously looking around, looked at Maan with wide eyes as he grabbed her hand and pulled her close. Maan stared back and he placed his other hand on her bare back. Geet took a sharp breath at the unexpected touch and stared into Maan's eyes.

Kuch Khaas Hai

Kuch Paas Hai

Kuch Ajnabi Ehsaas Hai

Maan stared at her intensely as they started to sway with the music.

Kuch Duriyaan

Najdeekiyan

Kuch Hans Padi Tanhaaiyaan

Her wide eyes held him captive and he could not look away.

Kya Yeh Khumaar Hai

Kya Aitbaar Hai

Shaayad Yeh Pyaar Hai

Pyaar Hai Shaayad

His fingers ghosted on her bare back, her soft skin making him forget his surroundings.

Kya Yeh Bahaar Hai

Kya Intezaar Hai

Shaayad Yeh Pyaar Hai

Pyaar Hai Shaayad

He spun her around once and then pulled her close making her take in a sharp breath.  

Kuch Khaas Hai

Kuch Paas Hai

Kuch Ajnabi Ehsaas Hai

She felt as if she was drowning in his intense eyes.

Kuch Duriyaan

Najdeekiyan

Kuch Hans Padi Tanhaaiyaan

A shiver went down her back as his fingers trailed down her spine.

Kya Yeh Khumaar Hai

Kya Aitbaar Hai

Shaayad Yeh Pyaar Hai

Pyaar Hai Shaayad

Geet felt as if the time had stopped and except them there was no around.

Kya Yeh Bahaar Hai

Kya Intezaar Hai

Shaayad Yeh Pyaar Hai

Pyaar Hai Shaayad

As they continued to dance, Annie whispered to Daadima, "Wow! They are staring at each other so intensely that I am feeling the heat here!" Annie pretended to swoon and fanned her face with her hand. On the other side of Annie Dev commented, "What a chemistry! Only a blind or a fool won't be able to sense the attraction between them!" Daadima simply smiled. She was right! There was something brewing between Maan and Geet! Now only time will tell where this road leads them!

Kuch Saaz Hai

Jaage Se Jo Kal Soye

"You alright?", Maan whispered breaking the silence.

Alfaaz Hai

Chup Se Nashe Mein Khoye

Geet unable to speak simply nodded.

Nazarein Hi Samjhe

Yeh Guftagu Saari

As they continued to dance their eyes remained locked.

Koi Aarzu Ne Hai

Angdaayi Li Pyaari

He spun her around once and then dipped her. He froze as he remembered the almost kiss between them.

Kya Yeh Khumaar Hai

Kya Aitbaar Hai

Shaayad Yeh Pyaar Hai

Pyaar Hai Shaayad

She stared at him as her mind also went back to their almost kiss.  

Na Inkaar Hai

Na Ikraar Hai

Shaayad Yeh Pyaar Hai

Pyaar Hai Shaayad

Suddenly someone stumbled into Maan and he came out of stupor. He pulled Geet up and Geet unable to handle all the sensations that Maan was evoking in her stepped back taking few steps away from Maan. She looked down and fiddled with her duppatta feeling awkward and uncomfortable. Unable to handle the situation anymore, Geet turned around and walked towards the edge of the dance floor while Maan stood there confused and agitated.

Kehna Hi Kya

Tera Dakhal Na Koi

Maan stared at Geet unsure of what exactly happened in last few minutes.

Dil Ko Dikha

Dil Ki Shakal Ka Koi

His eyes roamed around and he realised that he was standing alone in the middle of the dance floor.

Dil Se Bhi Meri

Ek Shart Yeh Aisi

Geet turned around and noticed Maan walk away. She stared at him hoping he would turn and look back at her.

Lage Jeet Si Mujhko

Yeh Haar Hai Kaisi

Geet shook her head when Maan did not turn and walked off the dance floor.

Kyun Yeh Pukaar Hai

Kyun Bekaraar Hai

Shaayad Yeh Pyaar Hai

Pyaar Hai Shaayad

Maan looked up and noticed Geet standing on the opposite side. He took a sharp breath when her eyes met his but he did not look away.

Jaadu Sawaar Hai

Na Ikhtiyaar Hai

Shaayad Yeh Pyaar Hai

Pyaar Hai Shaayad

Geet was the first one to break the eyelock as she turned away. Maan shook his head trying to forget the things he felt when she was in his arms.

Pyaar Hai Shaayad

Kuch Khaas Hai

Kuch Paas Hai

Kuch Ajnabi Ehsaas Hai...

Pyaar Hai Shaayad

Pyaar Hai Shaayad

Yahi

An hour had passed since the dance and Geet was exhausted. Her exhaustion was not because of dancing or anything. It was simply because of meeting people and maintaining the pretense of sophisticated, demure and polite girl when all she wanted to do was talk in Hindi in loud voice and chatter non stop. She was almost bursting to blurt out the exact words that came into her mind and but had to swallow them and give a sweet and polite smile while wondering when she could reach home and shed her pretenses. Yes! Being a socialite is tiring! And that is why it was no surprise that after an hour of exhausting meet and greet Geet had escaped the place and was now looking for some hiding place. Hey Babaji! Any place would work! Infact if I know where washroom is I am ready to hide even there! But to ask someone where washroom is means talking to a socialite and that is something I don't think I can handle anymore! Babaji! Please allow me to hide and rest for few minutes! Just few minutes! Then I promise you I will go and do another round of meet and greet. Pakka promise!

As Geet looked around furtively for a hiding place all the while smiling at every passing person, she saw some curtains swaying covering a room. Geet grinned. Perfect! Thank you Babaji! She slipped behind the curtains and looked out wondering if someone saw her. Nobody noticed her! Phew! She heaved a sigh of relief. She back away from the curtains deeper into the hiding place. She looked up and spoke, "Hey Babaji! Kitthe phasa diya! (Hey Babaji! What have you tangled me into!)" Then she grinned. It felt so better to blurt whatever she wanted to rather than watching her words and thinking twice before speaking. She huffed, "Waise mennu pata hai Babaji! Aap na has rahe ho meri haalat pe! Aapko toh mazaa aa raha hoga mujhe itna struggle karte dekh! Has rahe honge ki ek waitress kitni koshish kar rahi hai iss hi-fi duniya mein ghusne ke liye! Lekin aap bhi dekhlena! Main jeetke dikhaaungi! Main inn hi-fi logon jaisi banke dikhaaungi! Kisi ko shaq hone nahi doongi ki main ek waitress hoon! Dekh lena! (By the way, I know Babaji! You are laughing at my situation! You must be enjoying my struggle! You must be laughing over how much a waitress is struggling to belong in this hi-fi world! But you wait and see! I will win and show you! I will show you up by becoming just like this hi-fi people! I will never let anyone even doubt that I am a waitress! You just wait and watch!)"

Huffing she stepped back only to feel her back hit someone. "Hey Babaji!", Geet squeaked just as a male voice spoke from behind her, "Oh God!" Geet's eyes widened in worry and she turned around only to see the man turn around to face her too. Fair skinned, small eyes and cute face, Geet's eyes registered the features in a second before she spoke up in a higher voice, "Hi!" When the man did not reply and simply stared at her, Geet felt nervous and when Geet was nervous, she rambled away, "I am sorry! I did not see you hiding here! I mean standing here! I mean...", Geet squeezed her eyes tight as she realised she was rambling. She took a deep breath and remembering her training she gathered her composure. She then smiled a polite and fake smile at the man, "I apologise for disturbing you! Excuse me!"

Geet turned to step out of the hiding when a soft whisper reached her ears, "Its ok!" Geet frowned and turned back. The man smiled shyly and shrugged, "You can stay here!" When Geet stepped back, he softly whispered, "And yes, I am hiding here!" Geet looked at him with wide eyes and the man shrugged. He smiled sheepishly, "I am not used to this kind of crowd." "Neither am I", Geet piped up.

The man fell silent and Geet shut her mouth too.  She wondered whether he heard her talk to Babaji or not. She hoped that he did not. That would be too embarrassing. What would he think of her? She knew what he would think of her. He would think of her as crazy girl who rambles in the air.

As Geet fretted over what the man must have thought of her rambles, the man beside her softly spoke, "By the way, I for one think you fit in perfectly here!" Geet frowned, "Excuse me?" The man shrugged, "Even I cannot believe that you are a waitress and I heard you confess it! So you are doing fine I think!"

Geet's eyes widened as she looked at the man in shock. Confess? When did she confess? That is when she remembered her rambling where she told Babaji atleast twice that she was a waitress. She closed her eyes in panic. Oh no! Ab main kya karun Babaji? What should I do? She looked away wincing. Her secret was out! Soon this man will spread her secret all over the room and my challenge will end before it even started. Daadima, Maan and Annie will kill me! They will roast me and then cut me into pieces! No! I can't let that happen! I have to stop this man! Yes! I have to!

Geet turned around and grabbed the man's hand, "Dekhiye! Whatever you heard here, forget it! Forget it theek hai! Because I was I was... Haan! I was just rambling! Lying! Nothing else! Theek hai?" When the man simply stared at her, Geet shook her head as she dropped his hand, "Of course not theek hai! Tum shakal se koi buddhu lagte ho kya jo itni aasaani se bewakoof ban jaaoge! Main hi bewakoof hoon jo aaju baaju dekhe baghair kuch bhi bol deti hun! Hey Babaji! (Of course it is not ok! You don't look like a fool who would be fooled so easily by me! I am the fool who did not look here and there before blurting my thoughts out! Hey Babaji!)"

Geet slapped her hands over her mouth, wondering what to do next. Clob the man's head with something strong hoping that he looses his memory? But what is the guarantee that he will loose his memory! Her eyes flitted around the room. And then there is nothing around here to clob his head with. Hey Babaji! Help me! Ab aap hi bataao! What should I do?

Suddenly the man grabbed Geet's arms and shook her mildly, "Breathe girl! Breathe! You are about to faint!" Geet came out of her thoughts only to realise that she was hyperventilating. She took a deep breath and then another. The man left her arms once he realised that she was alright. After few breaths Geet felt better and offered the man a thankful smile. The man smiled back and there was silence for few minutes.

"You were not supposed to know!", Geet spoke up after few minutes of silence.

"What?", the man murmured, looking at her in confusion.

Geet looked at him worriedly, "You were not supposed to know that I am a waitress!"

"Oh yes!", the man turned towards her sideways, "What is that all about?"

Geet sighed in defeat, "It's a looong story!"

The man shrugged, "I have time! After all, what else we can do in this place! And I don't think either of us is interested in getting out of our hiding place for a while!"

Geet bit her lip. What to do next? Should she tell him? Maybe she can bring some sympathy out of him and make him stay quiet. Hey Babaji!

Geet pouted and then nodded, "Fine! I will tell you! Par meri ek shart hai!"

"Shart? What does that mean?", the man spoke, "Listen! I have lived in USA since my childhood and only came back few years ago so I am still not well versed in Hindi! I can understand it but not much!"

Geet resisted the urge to slap her forehead. One person I got to share my secret with and even he needs me to speak in English. Geet wanted to scream in annoyance but she sullenly agreed, "Fine! And shart means means..." Geet wondered what Shart meant in English. The man looked at her expectantly and she smiled sheepishly, "I am not that good with English yet!"

"Aha!", the man said as if her one explanation revealed to him some big secret. But then, the way she has been blurting her secrets to him, she would not be surprised if she blurted another secret through one sentence. That is when the word come to her, "Condition!", she piped up, "Shart means condition!"

The man slowly nodded, "Ok! So what is your condition?"

"Whatever I am about to reveal to you, you cannot tell anybody. This is a secret between two of us! Got it?", Geet looked at the man anxiously.

The man narrowed his eyes as he stared at her for few seconds. She bit her lip in worry. Was he going to deny and step out and shout her secret to everybody? Hey Babaji! You had to throw this new problem at me right? Weren't the problems I already had enough for you?

The man then nodded, "Alright!"

Geet took a deep breath and opened her mouth.

A half an hour later, once Geet finished with her narration the man stared at Geet. He stared and stared and stared. Geet bit her lip worriedly and then poked him on his chest. He blinked at the sudden poking but did not say anything. She gave him a polite smile, "You must be thinking of me as silly right? Getting into a bet like this and all!"

The man shook his head still looking at her like she was some puzzle he was trying to solve, "No! I don't think you are silly! I think you are brave!"

"Brave?", Geet squeaked in surprise.

The man smiled softly and nodded, "Yes! You are ready to face an unknown world, battle against unknown with so many hurdles in front of you! That is nothing but bravery in my eyes! I applaud you for your brave attempt!"

Geet felt her cheeks go warm at his words. It felt good to be praised by some stranger.

The guy chuckled, "You know I have never met a girl like you, so determined to fulfill your dreams! I am Viren!"

"I am Geet!", Geet piped up as they shook hands.

Suddenly, a phone rang making Viren jump a little. Geet giggled as the man blushed. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and answered it. As he spoke his face fell and he sighed with sadness. Geet frowned. Ise kya hua? Once the call was done, Viren gave her a soft sad smile, "My Bua called! She wants me to stop hiding!"

Geet was surprised, "So she knows that you are hiding?"

Viren bashfully looked at her, "Actually it is routine; me hiding and her realizing it and nagging me to come out!"

Geet burst out laughing. When her laughter calmed, she noticed Viren looking at her with smile. When she raised her eyebrows in question, he spoke, "I like your laughter, so wild and unrestrained!"

Geet blushed again. Viren winced as his phone rang again, "I think that's my call to leave!"

Geet gave him a wide smile as he moved to walk out of the hiding. Just as he was about to step out, he turned around and offered her his card. She blinked in surprise as she took them. He smiled at her, "Please call me! I like talking to you! You seem so real, not fake like others! Would really like you to be my friend! Please?" Geet nodded and he walked away.

Geet read the card and her eyes widened. He was Viren Vadhera! Isn't that the name Swamini Vadhera, the CEO of Vadhera Associates, mentioned when she talked about her nephew? She read further and there it was! Associate CEO of Vadhera Associates! Oh teri! Yeh woh rich banda hai! She remembered Daadima's words. He is richer than Maan and yet... She frowned as she remembered his gentle demeanor. Yet so different than Maan. No arrogance, no attitude! Both men are rich and yet so different! Wow!

As Geet stepped out of her hiding to search for Daadi, she remembered what Viren had asked from her. He wanted to be her friend. Her friend! Her! A rich man like him wanted to be her, a waitress' friend! Geet would not deny that it made her feel a little smug! Her confidence was boosted and she walked out with a proud smile on her face. As she walked, she saw Viren wave at her as he and Swamini Vadhera walked towards the main door. She waved back as she realised that Viren and his Bua were leaving the party. The man signaled her to call and she nodded eagerly. She did not want to loose her new friend either. Once they were gone, she trudged towards Daadima excited to tell her about her new friend.

Just as she walked towards Daadima, some man drunk walked towards Daadi and stumbled. His stumble made his drink fall on Daadima's Saree. Geet watched with wide eyes as the lower half of Daadima's saree turned dark pink colored. Her eyes widened in anger, her hands found the purchase on her hips and she stormed towards the drunk man. How dare he! How dare he pour drink on her Daadima! Ise toh main chaddaangi nahi! ( I am not going to leave him!)

Geet forgot all her lessons as all she saw was red. She was angry and wanted nothing but to rant at the drunk man. And that's what she did when she reached the man.

"Abe oye! Kutte! Kameene! Teri himmat kaisi hui meri Daadima ke upar sharaab phenkne ki? (What made you dare to throw alcohol on my Daadima?)", she ranted.

Daadima tried to stop her, "Geet bete! Jaane do!" She looked around as people noticed Geet's rant.

"Bol devdas! Himmat kaise hui teri? Maang maafi! Maang maafi meri Daadima se! (Tell me Devdas! How did you dare? Ask for forgiveness! Ask my Daadima for forgiveness!)", Geet scolded. The man was too drunk to comprehend what was happening in front of him but his wife was not.  

"Excuse me?", a lady entered the scene, "Who are you to scold my husband?"

"Husband? Tera husband hai yeh? Sambhaalke nahi rakh sakti ise! Kisike upar bhi gire jaa raha hai! (Husband? This is your husband? Can't you take care of him properly? He is falling over anything and everything!)", Geet now turned towards the wife. 

Annie reached Daadima while staring at Geet with wide eyes. Geet continued with the scolding just as Daadima pointed to Annie, the people gathering around them. Annie flinched as she took them in. She closed her eyes as she noticed Maan standing nearby glaring at Geet. Beside Maan, Dev stood looking as if he was praying. But then with the way Geet was behaving, Dev must be praying that Maan did not murder Geet tonight. Geet meri Ma! Ab toh chup ho ja! But Geet refused to stop and continued to rant at the couple. The lady was now looking at Geet with horror while the drunk man continued to sway oblivious.

After a twenty minutes, Geet's anger seemed to melt and her ranting slowed down, "Samjhe? Ab jaao yahaan se! Aur phir se peeke nahi aana! (Understood? Now get away from here! And never come out drunk!)" The lady grabbed her husband and ran away, probably scared of Geet's rants. Geet huffed and then turned to Daadima, "Chaliye Daadima! Hum ab iss party mein nahi rahenge!" Daadima nodded. Oh yes! After what happened, she definitely did not want to stay in this party.

Annie stepped over to her brothers, "I don't think she is ready Bro!"

Maan gave her glare while Dev commented, "You think?"

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?", Maan roared as he glared at Geet. Geet gulped and looked down. They were back at the house and all had changed into their normal clothes. Now Geet sat in the study room while Maan paced in front of her in anger. Daadima, Dev and Annie sat nearby watching the proceedings shaking their head at Geet's antics.

"Bolo Geet! What was that?", Daadima questioned. While the rant was quiet amusing and she was pleased that Geet felt close enough to her to defend her honor, but she would have appreciated it more if Geet had done the same in English and in some polite manner.

Geet huffed, "Maine aisa kya galat kiya?", she whined.

"Geet! English beta!", Daadima admonished and Geet put her head down again.

"Geet!", Annie spoke in a polite tone, "What you did wasn't wrong! The way you did it was wrong! You could have said your piece in English too! And there was no need to use such a crude manner!"

Geet remained quiet as Dev also scolded her while Maan simply glared at her, "This is ridiculous Geet! You could have just leave the situation to me and Bro like Annie did! We would have handled it quietly and gracefully too! What you did was too brash and too uncivil! You are supposed to be high society bred and there you were behaving so uncouthly! I so did not expect this from you Geet!"

Dev finished with his rant and there was silence all around. Geet felt someone's eyes burning on her and she looked up to see Maan glare at her. She stood up annoyed, "Why are you glaring? Why don't you scold me too? All I did was defend my Daadima and instead of getting a hug I am getting scolded! Hadd hai yaar! This is the limit!"  

Geet stormed out of the room and ran into her room. Pouting in anger, her eyes fell on the card on the nightstand. Viren's card. She picked up the card and dialed his number on a whim.

"Hello! Viren Vadhera speaking!" a voice came and Geet gulped. Now that she heard his voice, she was having second doubts about this call. Would he really want to talk to a waitress? She was not sure now!

"Hello! Who is this?", Viren spoke again and against her better judgment Geet blurted out, "Its me!"

"Geet?", the man spoke in surprise, "Is that you?"

"Arre waah! You recognized my voice!", Geet was surprised and that showed in her tone.

"Surprised?", Viren asked and Geet nodded, "Yup!"

"I don't think I can forget such an awe inspiring person like you!", Viren spoke and Geet grinned at his words. He cheered her so easily, she mused.

"So what are you doing now? Is the party over?", Viren asked and Geet frowned as she remembered the party, "I don't know! We left few minutes after you!"

"Oh really?", Viren asked and Geet could not stop herself from telling him what happened after the Vadheras left.

Once she was done, Viren spoke in amused tone, "He is angry with you because you defended his Daadima? Your Maan Singh Khurana is weird!"

"I know!", Geet huffed. That is when her eyes fell on the clock and realised that she was calling after 10.

"It is so late! I did not notice the time! I hope I did not wake you up!", she spoke contritely.

"What? No!", Viren spoke but Geet could not let go of it, "I am sorry for calling so late!"

"Its ok! I don't mind! What are friends for?", Viren spoke and Geet's eyes widened. How in this snobbish high society world did such a sweet guy exist?

Viren and Geet continued to talk randomly for a while before Geet felt sleepy and they said their byes. If you asked Geet, she would not be able to tell you what Geet and Viren talked about. All she knew was that while Maan irritated her, Viren made her laugh.

Are you all shocked by this Viren waala Jhatka?

Don't worry,this is not a love triangle story. And Viren might fall for Geet but he will not be the kabab mein haddi or negative character. Viren is here for certain reason which will be revealed soon. The photos of Vadheras are posted below and also in the CS! By the way, the new characters are from Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai show!

And the sample dress worn by Geet in the update is the one in the banner! I just described that dress!

Viren:

Swamini:

Thank you, take care and have fun,

Kalpana

P.S. See you on 16th of December!