Superb update

Thanks for PM
Loved it

Thanks a lot for reading dear! Glad you liked it πŸ˜Š
Nuritzur thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Wow nivi great update.
poor rachna. Kabir also poor he try to help rachna what ever he can. 
I hope she will get out from at.

great update dear. it more fun to read your ff then watch the show this day.
thank again for pm me
hangok thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
i know i have still reserved the last part,but right now i have read part 20 and i m shocked, i cant believed all was a dream..dont know what i should think about this😊
who is this man, owww it is so excited, i thought nikhil, but im not sure...

ufff and now rachna will not let kabir touch him , 

part 21:
owww poor rachna was happend with her, uff and she knows who he is..
loved it that she want to see kabir, 

you are just tooo good, great work , and thanks for pm 

sorry was for some days really busy, couldnt read it before...

waiting with excitement for the next part
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nuritzur

Wow nivi great update.

poor rachna. Kabir also poor he try to help rachna what ever he can. 
I hope she will get out from at.

great update dear. it more fun to read your ff then watch the show this day.
thank again for pm me

Thanks a lot dear! That's a huge compliment so I hope that I don't disappoint you with this story. Stay tuned for the next update πŸ˜Š
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: hangok

i know i have still reserved the last part,but right now i have read part 20 and i m shocked, i cant believed all was a dream..dont know what i should think about this😊

who is this man, owww it is so excited, i thought nikhil, but im not sure...

ufff and now rachna will not let kabir touch him , 

part 21:
owww poor rachna was happend with her, uff and she knows who he is..
loved it that she want to see kabir, 

you are just tooo good, great work , and thanks for pm 

sorry was for some days really busy, couldnt read it before...

waiting with excitement for the next part

I was wondering where you were! Glad you finally got time to catch up. Thanks for the compliments! It's not Nikhil but good try. I'll post the next part soon so stay tuned πŸ˜Š
Nuritzur thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nividances

Thanks a lot dear! That's a huge compliment so I hope that I don't disappoint you with this story. Stay tuned for the next update πŸ˜Š

Hi dear you never Disappoint me. keep your amazing write. I will wait for your update.
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nuritzur

Hi dear you never Disappoint me. keep your amazing write. I will wait for your update.

Thanks so much πŸ˜³
I am editing and posting the next chapter now. Should be up within 10-15 minutes. πŸ˜Š
nividances thumbnail

Chapter 22:

"Rachna's strong feelings for you allow her to feel the safest in your presence, in your arms, which is why she pushed me away, but stayed glued to you. Her first instinct when she is in trouble is to call out for you, as she just did. I guess this is what you could call the power of true love...even after being separated, whether it's physically or emotionally, nothing changes."

Kabir thought hard for a few moments and slowly began to respond to Sneha's explanation. "So...this morning, she...she pushed me away because...I was violating her personal space? Doing something that she didn't like? But earlier this week, on the flight, she didn't hesitate to kiss me because she loves me? Is that what you are trying to say?"

"Uh...yes and no. See, it's not as simple as you and I are describing it. The brain is a complex organ that I have been studying for the majority of my life, but I still haven't been able to understand it fully. Without getting into the technicalities of neuroscience, I'll try to explain Rachna's situation simply. So the way that your memory works is that it associates events with each other and stores them in a specific part of your brain. When a word or event relates to a particular memory, it triggers a specific response that causes you to remember something or behave in a particular way. So at any point in time, Rachna is faced with so many stimuli, any of which could trigger her brain to remember her moments when she was physically assaulted. So it's not necessarily a case of black and white, but more gray matter. Her strong emotions at one point can allow her to overcome the bad memories associated with the traumatizing experience that she has had, but at other times, she cannot help but fall prey to those terrible memories. This is why it is so difficult to treat psychological disorders; because you not only have to treat the physical manifestations of the problem, but also the mental one."

Silence pervaded the room, as Kabir delved into his own jumbled thoughts and Sneha re-evaluated the notes that she had taken earlier. Meanwhile, the evenly spaced sounds of Rachna's breath created a rhythmic music in the background.

"Kabir, did Rachna ever have any nightmares while you two were together?"

Kabir thought back to the three years that he had spent with Rachna. "Yeah...she did; more so when we had initially started dating. We would often watch movies together late into the night and Rachna had a habit of falling asleep in the middle of the movie. It was during those times when I was with her that I distinctly remember her waking up screaming because she had a nightmare. But as our relationship progressed, the frequency of her nightmares also seemed to decrease. In fact, after we got married, I don't really recall any...wait. There was that one night..."

------------------------

Kabir unlocked the apartment door and walked into the house with Rachna following closely behind him. While he turned on the lights to the kitchen and living room, she remained standing in the entryway, rooted in her spot. Kabir placed his hands on her shoulder and she came out of her thoughts. Smiling faintly at him, Rachna took off her shoes and quietly walked into the bedroom. She put her purse away in the cabinet and took out a towel, before she went into the wash room. Just as she undressed herself and got in the shower, Rachna heard the door open. Kabir soon joined her under the hot water and placed his hands tenderly on her tiny belly. She was only three months pregnant, so her belly clearly did not show much, but Kabir had a habit of running his hand across her abdomen to feel the small bump that was beginning to protrude out.

"You're so beautiful. I love you."

He gently pecked her lips. Ever since Rachna had announced that she was pregnant, Kabir had been careful to be very gentle with her. He had rarely engaged in a deeply passionate kiss with her in these past few months, lest it lead to something much more. On most days, they simply cuddled together in bed and fell asleep whispering cute things into each other's ears. However, there were some days, like today, when Kabir didn't feel like controlling himself, so he stood under the shower with Rachna and just cradled her body as gently as possible.

Today in particular, however, Rachna didn't seem to be responding to his touches at all.

"Are you okay Rachna? Tired?"

Rachna turned off the water abruptly. "Yeah Kabir, I'm fine. I just want to go to sleep though. It's been a long day and I'm really tired."

Rachna dried herself with the oversized towel and walked out of the wash room to get dressed in the bed room. Kabir came out a few minutes later, by the time which Rachna had already climbed into bed and fallen asleep. Kabir soon joined his wife and lovingly observed her as she slept. She had lines of worry etched onto her forehead. Kabir made a mental note to reduce her work load by handling the Delhi project himself; after all, she had so much going on right now, with the work in Benaras and the pregnancy that she didn't need the added stress of having to travel back and forth between the two cities on a weekly basis. He had missed having her at home this past week, for she had been away in Delhi to meet a client for the past three days. He had just picked her up from the airport earlier this evening and was planning on a quiet, romantic night with her, but clearly Rachna was too tired for anything, for she was already fast asleep. He placed his ear on Rachna's belly and talked to the baby growing inside of her. Kabir didn't realize when he fell asleep, but he was suddenly jerked awake by Rachna's scream.

Rachna was shaking in fear, as she tried to bring herself out of her nightmare.

"Rachna? Are you okay? What's wrong sweetheart? Did you have a nightmare?"

She didn't respond to any of his questions; rather, she just buried her face into his shoulder and tried to erase the images of the nightmare from her mind. Eventually, the tiredness of her body won out over her disturbed metal state and she fell back asleep. Kabir continued to stroke her forehead gently, wondering what she saw in these terrible nightmares that she got. He had tried to ask her this question multiple times, but his questions in the past, just like tonight, had been met from her end only by stony silences.

-----------------------------

"There was one night when she had just returned from Delhi that she seemed kind of troubled. That was the night that she woke up screaming from a nightmare, but that's about it. Never after that did she have a nightmare again. I've tried to ask her about these nightmares so many times, but she has never told me anything. She has always in the past done exactly what she did today; hold me tightly until she falls asleep."

"Delhi? That's quite strange. To celebrate Rachna's 22nd birthday, we had all gone to Delhi as well...the entire family was there. In fact, it was soon after her birthday that Rachna had gone away to Benaras. It seems to me that there's some sort of connection to Delhi with these nightmares."

Sneha thought for a moment before continuing. "From what I can remember, after Shail didi and jija ji's death, Rachna was in Mumbai, except for that brief time that she had gone to Benaras to meet you. There was one other time, around six months ago, when Rachna and I went to Delhi to find Gunjan after she had run away, but she had returned from that trip absolutely fine. And since then, Rachna...well, she's had a few nightmares; nothing out of the ordinary that caused me particular concern at the time. Though I guess now that I think back, it does seem a bit out of the ordinary that she began having nightmares on a weekly basis after we came back from Delhi."

"Gunjan ran away? I don't understand...why did she run away?"

"Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't realize that you had no idea of all this. Gunjan is my daughter...my biological daughter. She was always the baby of the family, loved by everyone. But just like Rachna was always so close to me, Gunjan was really close to Shail didi. So her accident and death hit Gunjan really hard. In the days after Shail didi and jija ji's accident, Akash, Rachna, Pihu, and I, we were all so busy with all the legalities of the court case that we didn't have time to focus on Gunjan. She was finishing up her last year of high school and had already gotten admission into the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Delhi. But what we didn't know was that she had started spending time with this boy, Mayank, in the aftermath of Shail didi's death. It was actually Rachna who found out about all this.

-------------------

"Gunjan! Gunjan where are you?" Rachna scanned Gunjan's room but found no signs of her younger sister. She was about to leave when she heard a giggle coming from the adjoining wash room. Opening the door of the wash room, Rachna found Gunjan standing in front of the mirror, chatting away on her phone. Knocking on the door, she got Gunjan's attention.

"Gunjan, I have to talk to you. Come on."

Seeing Rachna, Gunjan quickly hung up the phone. Walking out into the bedroom, the two sisters sat down on the bed.

"Rachna di, is everything okay? What did you want to talk about?"

"What is this?" Rachna held out a piece of paper for Gunjan to see. It was the phone bill.

"Gunjan, 5000 rupees?! Who are you talking to that you spent 5000 rupees on phone calls this month?!"

Gunjan looked down, embarrassed. "Uh...I...just...just a friend."

"A friend? Okay, may I know the name of this friend? As well as where and when you two met?"

Gunjan looked up at her sister and pleaded. "Rachna di, you've always helped me and supported me with everything. Please try to understand. I...I...think...I think I'm in love with someone."

Rachna looked confused. "Gunjan, what are you saying? Tell me clearly."

"Okay, so a few weeks ago, I met this really sweet guy. His name is Mayank...Mayank Tiwari. He's in medical school right now, just about to finish his degree. We started talking and kind of hit it off pretty quickly. And I really like him, maybe even love him."

Rachna was stunned. "Mayank Tiwari?"

----------------------

"Rachna of course came straight to me and made me aware of everything that was going on. At that point, Akash and I didn't object to anything because Gunjan seemed to be pretty happy with Mayank and she was starting to overcome the depression from Shail didi's death. For some reason though, Rachna never particularly liked him; I don't really know why. I only began to oppose the relationship when Gunjan started talking about marriage. I always wanted my daughter to become professionally successful before she even thought of settling down with someone. So I stopped allowing Gunjan to meet Mayank. Clearly, it did no good because they kept meeting. One day she ran away from home, saying that she was pregnant with Mayank's child and that they were going to get married to each other. It wasn't hard for us to figure out that Gunjan was in Delhi, since she had been planning to start medical school and supposedly Mayank also had an internship with a hospital there. Rachna and I went to Delhi to convince Gunjan to come back home."

---------------------

"Gunjan beta, what is this foolishness? I don't want to hear anything more from you. You're coming back home with us right now, no arguments."

"No! I'm not coming home. I'm staying here and starting medical school like I'm supposed to. It's what you always wanted mom, so why are you pulling me away from my dream now?"

"Gunjan, I am not stupid. You ran away from home to elope with this boy, not because you are excited for medical school."

"Mom, fine. I'm here with Mayank because I love him and we're going to get married soon. Yes, I'm also pregnant. But that doesn't mean that I've given up on my dream. I'll just start medical school after the baby is born."

Sneha placed her hand against her own forehead, frustrated with her daughter. "Gunjan. This is not as simple as you're thinking it to be. You cannot handle all this with such a carefree attitude. Bringing a child into this world is a big responsibility."

"And I'm ready for that responsibility. In fact, we are both ready for that responsibility. I love Mayank and he really loves me too. There's nothing you can say that would change my mind mom."

"Okay then, I guess there's nothing more for me to do here. Come on Rachna beta, let's go."

-------------------

"There was nothing else for me to do but let Gunjan stay there in Delhi with Mayank. I couldn't force her to come back with me so I returned to Mumbai with Rachna. Akash and I were angry at Gunjan, but ultimately she is our daughter; we couldn't stay away from her and just leave her alone in that condition.

-----------------

"Sneha she's our daughter. No matter what she does, we can't leave her alone like this. This is the only way to deal with this situation right now and you know it."

"The only way? Are you out of your mind Akash? The only way is to get her married to Mayank?"

"Well it's going to happen regardless so why not have it happen with your consent? You know how Gunjan is. I can almost guarantee you that she is not going to come back home. So the only thing that we can do is get them married and help them out financially until they are able to support themselves."

Sneha sighed. "Akash please. Just do whatever you want but don't expect me to be a part of it."

-------------------

"From what I know, Gunjan is safe in Delhi right now, married to Mayank and probably around six months pregnant. She's always been a daddy's girl so I know that Akash still talks to her periodically and he is helping them out financially as well. I haven't seen her or talked to her in these past six months. What she did really broke my heart Kabir. Or maybe it's just that I put too much pressure on her. I always wanted her to be the best at everything, but I guess I just didn't shower her with the love that she wanted from me as a mother. To be fair, Shail didi more than made up for my absence in her life. But after Shail didi was gone, I guess I didn't know how to handle my own daughter."

Sneha wiped the tears from her face.

"But I don't understand one thing. Why didn't you accept Gunjan and Mayank's relationship six months ago, but you accepted me and Rachna now? I mean, isn't it kind of the same situation?"

Sneha looked up, surprised by Kabir's question. "I don't know Kabir. What Rachna did by hiding her marriage with you from the entire family was...I guess nearly the same thing as what Gunjan did. But, I...I just don't know. I have always been more protective of Rachna and after seeing the pain that she was going through with her parents' death and separating from you, I couldn't abandon her."

"But Gunjan lost her mausi too, and I guess her mother as well. She is probably quite miserable herself knowing that you don't support her. I'm sorry if I'm overstepping my boundaries at this point, but it doesn't seem as though Rachna and Gunjan did anything different. Perhaps you are more attached to one of them, but given that they both hurt you in a similar manner, it doesn't seem right to accept one and abandon the other."

Sneha was stunned by the truth behind Kabir's words. "I don't know what to say. You're right though. I have been partial towards one daughter and it's time that I rectify my mistake."

-------------------

That's it for this week. As this Sunday comes to a close, I also have to get back into school mode. I will probably only post the next update over the weekend, but if I have time in between I will try to squeeze something in. Let me know what you think. Am I making this entire thing too stretched out and overly complicated? I hope that the story is not becoming confusing. 

❀️ Nivi

hangok thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
ahhh what is this now??
im not more excited ...
ahhh and what you wrote about mayank, that rachna didnt liked him make meπŸ€”

could it be possible that mayank??? ufff

pleaseee try to continue soon , pleaseee