Elli Avram: Main ab kafi Hindi bol leti hoon

_notinuse_ thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Main ab kafi Hindi bol leti hoon

ELLI AVRAM, WHO WILL MAKE AN APPEARANCE IN JHALAK DIKHHLA JAA NEXT WEEK, IS WORKING HARD ON HER HINDI

Subhash K Jha

Former Bigg Boss contestant Elli Avram is looking forward to a guest appearance on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa where she will be seen dancing simultaneously with two partners next weekend. ' The theme is Teen Ka Tadka. It's very tough. I've never danced professionally before let alone Bollywood dancing and that too with two other people sharing the stage with me. Am I nervous? Gosh, I sure am! The coordination of the steps has to be taken care of three times over. It's a big challenge. But I've never shied away from challenges,' Elli says.

Elli, who has made India her home, made her Bollywood debut in Mickey Virus last year. ' That didn't have any dancing. I was so looking forward to some real Bollywood dancing. I grew up doing it at home. I don't know what it was about Bollywood. But I always felt attracted to it.

Now here I am,' Elli adds.

But now she's busy polishing up her Hindi before she signs her second film. ' I speak only in Hindi to all my staff members.

Everybody around me has been requested to converse with me in Hindi. The results are showing. Main ab kafi Hindi bol leti hoon,' Elli says.

The proclivity to master the rashtriya bhasha makes Elli one- up on the other firangi actresses like Katrina Kaif and Nargis Fakhri who just can't get a hang of Hindi, no matter how hard they try.

Not just the national language, Elli says she is making every effort to belong in Bollywood. ' I feel Indian, I really do. When I go home to Greece or Sweden, I feel like a visitor there. I can't wait to get back to Mumbai.

Over here in India, I'm often mistaken for a Kashmiri or a Punjabi. That suits me fine. I love the idea of being taken for an Indian because I feel Indian. This is home,' Elli adds.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_notinuse_ thumbnail
Saw her on Jhalak on Saturday and I must say her Hindi is actually quite good and she can dance really well. Above all, she seems to have a lot of personality, unlike many of the foreigners that try their luck in bollywood. They seem empty-headed and make acting seem like a chore with no enthusiasm. When the cameras are off, hindi and bollywood does not exist for them. It is just another paycheck. It's good to see a woman like Elli really passionate about her chosen field and she seems really genuine. I would not mind seeing her more on the big screen. 
Yay! Time to replace Katty 🥳
Riseofaliens thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
If ur proffession becomes your passion  then its safe to say that you are  going to go a long way ⭐️
Elli, you will be  the one i will watch out for
BeingChevi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
ELLI ❤️
Rooting for this chick. It's commendable that she's making efforts to improve herself. I love her offscreen personality and she's hell sexy but cute at the same time which IMO is a rare combination :) She's got great command over the hindi language now and it's coming to her fluently plus she doesn't have a thick accent so it's able to flow naturally. And her dancing toh is out of the world. ⭐️ I wish her a super successful career... and I'll be fangirling along every step of the way 😆

Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
I loved her dance yesterday... Perfect dance n her Hindi is much better
Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
KochuEdited by KochurShaakBata - 9 years ago
Who isn't welcoming her?
BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: NailClipper

Who isn't welcoming her?

😆 True.. She has been welcomed everywhere but the longer she holds back (waiting for Salman - don't know), new flavours will come to the market. It is already nearly 1 year since BB and it is strange that someone who was promoted so much by Salman, has not signed anything..Her dance and hindi skills when she was in BB was more than sufficient for BW..
BanBB thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Expressionist (October 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 8
I loved her dance yesterday
she should sign some bw movies soon