Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I don't know from where Bhandasura popped up, or what is his relationship (or Dvesh or whatever) with Ganesha, of all gods.
The Bhandasura I know is the asura who was born out of the ashes of Kamadeva, sort of like the anti-Kamadeva, who soon spread his terror over the heavens. This was the time when Parvati Devi was still doing Tapas to marry Mahadev, so yeah, WAY BACK in time. So Bhandasura was like making everything decay, and so the devas went to Mahadev. He then asked them to meditate on Adishakti (not Parvati, Parvati is busy, remember?), and they did so.

They performed a Yagya to Adishakti, and she emerged from the fire itself as Lalita Tripurasundari Devi, who blessed the devas and established a city called Shripura. She then married Mahadev (or Parameswara, I get confused, because both are the same, but both are differentπŸ˜•).

Then she comes into battle with Bhandasura and fights fierely, where Bhandasura releases even weapons like, Hiranyakashipu-astra, Ravana-astra, Kamsa-astra, Duryodhana-astra, etc etc, and Devi from her nails produces Varaha, Narasimha, Rama, Krishna and all the avataras, and she vanquishes Bhandasura, and finally destroys him.

She then reigns supreme in Shrinagara for all eternity, Shrinagara being located above the heavens, which is visualised as the Shrichakra.

(Any mistakes in the story, readers please feel free to correct it).

And after this fiasco of Bhandasura and the victory of Lalitambika Devi, Parvati finishes her Tapasya and marries Shiva.

So, seeing this story, what connection it has with Kailash and Ganesha, its beyond my imagination...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kaatayani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
don't know about the story... but i find his name to be extremely funny...!! 

kiska Bhanda phoda hai..??  

PS: Sorry to all the Pious Puran reading members.. just a PJ if you feel..no intention of any offense 
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Bhandasur is part of Lalitadevi's story.
 There it's MahaGanesh, who made a doll from Kamdev's ash, while playing. That doll was brought to life. He did severe penance of Shivji. Got boon from him. Bhandasur was a very powerful Asura.
Lalitambika devi killed him in a war, where her army of various Devi's had taken part.
MahaGanesh nirbhinna vighna yantra praharshita.
During the war, Bhandasur planted a yantra which made Devi's army sleepy. MahaGanesh was called. He located the yantra, destroyed it. Then the war begin.
 This is one of my favourite story. Am quite afraid of it being ruined.
Edited by mnx12 - 9 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
@ Surya, Laitadevi married SadaShiva. He looked so handsome that's why he is called Kameshwara & Lalitadevi is called Kameshwari.
rsnarula67 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for the story,  I wonder how UN is going to murder it here ... I mean ab tak toh koi story choda nahin haiπŸ˜†

Did not know about this Bhanda  (@Kaatyani, you really have me in splits)?
====

Lalita Tripurasundari is also same as Shodasi?
I read somewhere that she is akin to a female Krishna  ...So besides being  blindingly beautiful, she is irressitably charming, natkhat, and I can go on and on  ...   Main characteristic being she does everything in play  - which is why Lalita... 
It takes a special kind of actor to essay such a role,  and none of the female leads so far (all four) fit the bill ...   

But I guess here it will not be a long track - just a short 'yeah we worked it in' ... so ... koi bhi chalega ...
==== 

Am glad that I learnt something new ;  Surya & Minakshi -  thanks once again.  Now I am off to find some interpretations on this story ...  any links to help me?

MrToolConfuser thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
What's these Duryodhona-astra, Raavan-astra, Hiranyakashipu-astra etc etc are like? Was he wrapping them inside, and throwing them to use as weapons? C.N.A.T. Material.🀣
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i know the story will be altered(understatement), but hey, atleast mata got a reason to take part in it.
jyoti07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
this is what i have found on google..

The Goddesses in Religion...!!!

whenever we hear of stories of the divine feminine, there this great sense of unconquerable power. Frequently we see Brahma or Shiva giving a boon and getting in trouble because it empowers the demon who in turn comes backs and torments the Gods and Demi-Gods with his new found power. We also hear Shiva or Vishnu having to win a battle purely by tickery or deception.

But with the Goddess it is difficult to think of an example of a mistake, with the possible exception of Sita's desire for the golden deer. The goddess is always right, always direct and she never loses a battle.

We all know the story of Parvati trying to woo Shiva after Brahma bestows upon an asura a boon that he shall only be killed by the son of Shiva. While doing so, Kamadeva helps Parvati to bring Shiva out of his meditative trance so that he can see Parvati in her beatiful form and fall in love with her and start a family. In the process, Lord Shiva burns Kamadeva into ashes for disturbing him in his meditation.

Now the story that we know, Rati the wife of Kamadeva comes and pleads to Shiva and he gives her a boon that he will be restored to life in the Dwapar yug. But in this version of the story, the shiv gana to help rati bring the ashes of Kamadeva and make a statue of a man out of it and after Rati's pleading, he instills life into that statue and teaches him a mantra by which he can gain half the power of his adversary instantly and also gives him the boon to rule over all the worlds for 60,000 years. And since he sent him off saying, "Bhanda, bhanda", meaning nice nice... he was named Bhandasura. Now since he was born out of the wrath of Shiva, he had the Ugra swaroop and turned into a demon, "Bhandasura"...

Bhandasura attacked Indra and took over the heavens. Indra prayed to Tripura Sundari for 60000 years and she agreed to help him. She took her army and waged a war against Bhandasura. Now Tripura Sundari is also known as lalita meaning soft and beautiful. So Bhandasura laughed on her saying she is beautiful and soft and battle and war is not something that she should be doing.

The battle between Bhandasura and Tripura Sundari was most unusual. It wasn't a direct battle. Bhandasura created demons and Tripura Sundari created deities that destroyed the demons. Bhandasura created hiranyakashipu and she created prahlada and Narasimha. Bhandasura created Ravana and she created Rama. In fact the Vishnu's 10 incarnations "Dashavatara" are also known to be born from the 10 fingernails of the divine Tripura Sundari. Bhandasura created mahishasura and She created durga. The battle between Mahishasura and Durga has been beautifully described in the brahmana purana.

Then one of the generals of Bhandasura named Vishnukra used a yantra called the Jayavighna which takes away the will to be victorious from the armies of Tripura Sundari. The Generals of Tripura Sundari Manthini and Dhanapta informed this to Her and she just smiled. From her melodious smile was born Lord Ganesha, also known as the Vighneshwara. He weakened the force of the Jayavighna yantra and the armies got their strength back. Vishnukra slays Ganesha in this story using the Gaja astra and as a reward Tripura Sundari blesses Ganesha that he be prayed first in any puja henceforth.

Later in the story Vishnukra deploys the weapon called the trishna astra and the armies of Tripura Sundari become extremely thirsty. That's when Manthini suggests to call Sura Sindhu (The ocean of liquor) to quench the thirst of the entire army. This depicts that nothing in itself is negative or positive... even an element like liquor has been created by the divine and may have its own divine purpose at times...

Finally Tripura Sundari kills Bhanda and Rati, wife of Kamadeva or Bhanda pleads to her to restore his life. Because Kamadeva is the lord of desire and without him there would be no desire. So she in her infinite divinity and kindness restores the life back into Kamadeva in the Dwapara yuga.

The no. "3" is closely associated to Tripura Sundari. e.g. she is the icha shakti (will), gyana shakti(wisdom) and kriya shakti(action) in this entire eternity. Her other name is lalita which according to one script has 8 meanings: beauty, brilliance, manifestation, sweetness, infinity, energy, grace and generosity.
rsnarula67 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@jyoti07
Thanks for sharing.

I never get tired of reading the stories in their different forms and also the interpretations
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

@ Surya, Laitadevi married SadaShiva. He looked so handsome that's why he is called Kameshwara & Lalitadevi is called Kameshwari.

Oh its Kameshwara, not Parameshwara
Thanks!
Oh, so Ganesha is involved?😲 Never knew!πŸ˜ƒ

@jyoti, Thanks for that version!
@Reena and Arijit, ya, imagine the Trikon CHalachitra Purana version...

@rayan, something like that.πŸ˜† He packed them inside and threw them and they magically expanded, and pop!πŸ˜†

@Kaatayani, πŸ˜†, interesting interpretation,...πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 9 years ago