DOTW : The Greater Evil?

GulaabiAakhein. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

THE GREATER EVIL?

This week's discussion is very different from the usual. It's actually not about Aliya or Zain or ZaYa. Today you have to think a little harder.

I would like to begin the discussion by posing a question to all the members here:

Are Shazia and Nafisa two sides of the same coin? Are they similar?

Who is the greater villain? Who is wrong and who is right? Whose fault was it and who was just the victim?

Nafisa was Fahad's first wife. She was innocent while Fahad was out having an affair. She was honest to him but he betrayed her. Nafisa can't be the villain, can she? Was she wrong in hating Shazia? The woman who stole her husband and turned her life into a living hell. Is she wrong to call Shazia a cheapster?

Now, coming to Shazia, we don't even know for a fact that Shazia knew that Fahad was already married, or did she? Did she only marry Fahad for the money or did she actually love him? Shazia was pregnant and she was in love with Fahad so she agreed to marry him and enter the house as his second wife. Is she the evil of the two? Was it so easy for her to come in as the second wife? Wouldn't she have to hear taunts by every relative about every thing she did. She would compared to Nafisa on every aspect. So how can she be the one to be blamed? Isn't she a victim too?

The current situation shows Nafisa taking revenge from her mother in law because she was the reason Fahad married Shazia. She didn't slap her son that time and tell him that he was wrong. She supported him just because she wanted a boy/ another grandchild. So when you think about it, it isn't so wrong that Nafisa tried to burn Shazia, the root cause of all her problems and it wasn't so wrong on Nafisa's end to take revenge from Surraiya for always treating her like waste or a use-and-throw object.

We could say that Surraiya and Fahad are the ones to blame but today's discussion isn't about them. It is completely about Shazia and Nafisa, who are portrayed as the villains in the show, who are shown to run after money and power but what are they actually running after? Their husband's love and attention? Their child's bright future?

My question to the forum members is - Who is the greater evil - Shazia or Nafisa?

Please do put forth your view points and reasons in a subtle way. Do not bash/ or try to insult someone else/someone's view point. Please refrain from using fowl language and also from insulting/bashing any actor or character. Make sure you keep this discussion healthy and abide by all the IF rules and codes of conduct.

Thank you,

Manjari!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Legilimens thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I believe the word evil is pretty strong.
In Nafeesa's pov, she has been wronged.
Who wouldn't feel betrayed when your husband goes out and marry another woman?
Yes, she was riled up when Shazia taunted her about the scar. The situation she was put in was not easy for her.
Shazia.. now we dont clearly know weather she knew about Fahad's first marriage or not.
But whatever inner monolouges she has given, I gather she seduced aand married Fahad for money.
Greedy? Yes. Wrong? Yes.
Evil..not sure.
The step Nafeesa took to burn Shazia..it was taken out of spite.
She did not care that she was wrong. She just wanted her revenge at all costs.
That is also what drove her to lodge that FIR against Suraiya, even though that wasn't her intention to seperate zain and Aliya or bring about the death of Usman mamu.
She took out all her self plight that day.
I find both their charecters grey, both at fault.
The reason behind their actions, compassionate.
It makes you pity Nafeesa.
So wrong? Yes.
Evil? I dont think so.
The greater wrong-doer- well, let the discussion continue :P
-sanikaEdited by arshipotterfan - 9 years ago
WarriorGirl- thumbnail
Hmmm...Shazia is more evil to me aftr readin ur post...idk nt sure
Or amybe...its only only fahad n suris fault behynd dis
Awesome POST!!
Edited by Beintehaa_ZaYa - 9 years ago
Attabag1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Neither! Both are victims of the situation they have found themselves in.. The real perpetrators are Fahad and the un cultured, egoistic MIL for whom societal standing is and was more important than raising her children to be responsible human beings!

Originally posted by: Beintehaa_ZaYa

Hmmm...Shazia is more evil to me aftr readin ur post

Awesome POST!!

But do you mean that Nafisa is justified to try and burn Shazia down and to send her MIL to jail like that? She had never been the perfect wife either? How are her acts justified. 

Shazia hates Nafisa too but she never tried to burn her down. ðŸ˜³

Originally posted by: arshipotterfan

I believe the word evil is pretty strong.
In Nafeesa's pov, she has been wronged.
Who wouldn't feel betrayed when your husband goes out and marry another woman?
Yes, she was riled up when Shazia taunted her about the scar. The situation she was put in was not easy for her.
Shazia.. now we dont clearly know weather she knew about Fahad's first marriage or not.
But whatever inner monolouges she has given, I gather she seduced aand married Fahad for money.
Greedy? Yes. Wrong? Yes.
Evil..not sure.
The step Nafeesa took to burn Shazia..it was taken out of spite.
She did not care that she was wrong. She just wanted her revenge at all costs.
That is also what drove her to lodge that FIR against Suraiya, even though that wasn't her intention to seperate zain and Aliya or bring about the death of Usman mamu.
She took out all her self plight that day.
I find both their charecters grey, both at fault.
The reason behind their actions, compassionate.
It makes you pity Nafeesa.
So wrong? Yes.
Evil? I dont think so.
The greater wrong-doer- well, let the discussion continue :P
-sanika

I love how you put everything down. ðŸ˜ƒ Here, I used evil just for a little word play. It just means the greater villain? They are both portrayed as vamps of the show right? So who is the more grey vamp? Who is at fault? 
Legilimens thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
^ thank you 😛
And about your question.. like I said,
Let the discussion continue 😛
Uniquely...me thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hmmm...difficult to select one...
But I feel based on the current track...it is NAFEESA for me...

Shazia's motive has not yet been revealed...if she was that greedy till now barkat would have been under her...they might reveal that later...

Why NAFEESA...?

Clearly...she caused a havoc which cause death of MAMU...she enjoyed every torture and insult of ALIYA...

It was as though she wanted revenge from ALIYA...not SURAIYA...

Thus at present...NAFEESA is evil...but if she positive later...then SHAZIA will be evil...
So both will fight for that spot...
_aaliya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I believe you expressed it yourself in the post, they are two sides of the same coin. 

Nafisa trusted Fahad but he betrayed her and had an affair with Shazia.
Shazia was cunning enough to trap Fahad in her love.
Surraiya was greedy for a grandson so she made Fahad marry Shazia.

thus Shazia was the greater evil but ...

Nafisa tried to kill Shazia in the kitchen 'cylinder' blast
She wanted to take revenge from Surraiya so she ruined Zain and Aaliya's marriage

thus Nafisa was the greater evil 

so you see they are both equal, two sides of the same coin.

but...

perhaps Nafisa a little less because she still regrets what she had done but so far I have seen no regret in Shazia for ruining Nafisa's life or ever apologizing to her instead she always tried to humiliate her

nehaguptaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
4 me shazia is evil b'c she provoke nafisa 2 be negative