Mukesh Khanna talks about Mahabharat

liberiangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Mukesh Khanna talks about Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharat (I didnt even know such a show existed even!!!)

And then this speech, where he talks about the current Mahabharat show.

I have not read any book on Mahabharata...so I do not know the details.  I did watch BR Chopra's show when I was little, but I dont even remember it that well.  It was only during the current version that I started understanding this epic more.    So I cannot tell much as to how much the current Mahabharata deviated from the epic (as it happened).  So no comments on what Mukesh said about some characters.

I dont know why but I found him to be very arrogant.  Or does he always talk like that?  
Edited by liberiangirl - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
seen those videos, the things he said in the videos are his opinion, he was bhishma in the serial only, he is NOT the real gangaaputra bhishma who was free of negative human traits and in my point of view his words contein pride and contempt, waise bhi, is mahabharat main shri krishna hameshaa kehte hain ke "swayam vichaar kijiye", you have to think about everything yourself only, don't follow anyone blindly.
guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ahh this brings back memories ... in my opinion, it's not arrogance, it's somewhat truthful. Keep in mind that this was probably done sometime in the beginning of the show. 
There are many parts where this MB stands out, but so far as the plot is concerned, it's usually overhyped with needless drama. The biggest change SP has done is include various other interpretations of the MB as well as some author's retellings into this serial. It makes things a bit on the odd side for those familiar with the epic, but it brings the necessary spark to keep most people interested (or so they think, personally I think our epic is fantastic just the way it is... like the Gita, one can read it a hundred times and probably still find something new and interesting in it)

I agree somewhat with what Mukeshji said about actors not needing to have six-packs. It should be more about the acting rather than the looks (but we live in an era where beauty is defined by how much makeup is slobbered over our faces, where beauty pageants are conducted even for small children, and where people get teased for not looking fit or good-looking). However, all the actors in the serial have shown dramatic improvements from when they first appeared. 

All in all, everyone deserves a second chance. Sometimes the CVs fall through and give us what we want to see, and those times are the best. 
Arijit007 thumbnail
hmm, i think someone needs to show the star bhaarat geeta gyaan given to arjun to him.
VS-Cool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
He is right at some place. The story is distorted alot in many aspects. We can't call it arrogance, it is just his point of view just like us. We also projects our frustration regarding distortions in feedback thread.
Arijit007 thumbnail
parantu, kisi bhi vastu ko thik se na dekhke us ke baare mein kuch bhi kehne ko kyaa kahaa jaataa hain, yeh toh avashya pataa hogaa?
Pehchaan.Kaun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shyam09

Ahh this brings back memories ... in my opinion, it's not arrogance, it's somewhat truthful. Keep in mind that this was probably done sometime in the beginning of the show. 

There are many parts where this MB stands out, but so far as the plot is concerned, it's usually overhyped with needless drama. The biggest change SP has done is include various other interpretations of the MB as well as some author's retellings into this serial. It makes things a bit on the odd side for those familiar with the epic, but it brings the necessary spark to keep most people interested (or so they think, personally I think our epic is fantastic just the way it is... like the Gita, one can read it a hundred times and probably still find something new and interesting in it)

I agree somewhat with what Mukeshji said about actors not needing to have six-packs. It should be more about the acting rather than the looks (but we live in an era where beauty is defined by how much makeup is slobbered over our faces, where beauty pageants are conducted even for small children, and where people get teased for not looking fit or good-looking). However, all the actors in the serial have shown dramatic improvements from when they first appeared. 

All in all, everyone deserves a second chance. Sometimes the CVs fall through and give us what we want to see, and those times are the best. 

๐Ÿ‘ 

Also.. For many of us Mukesh Khanna and the BRC MB is still the best retelling of the epic.. Even if BRC MB had its share of distortions, still its a standout version๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Mukesh Khanna ji just placed his point of view to which many people wud relate/agree.. ๐Ÿ˜Š
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
This is an old video, a topic is already posted here.
 Mukesh Khanna speaks against Starbharata!