Quick Take: Rupali Ganguly

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago

Rupali Ganguly is one versatile actress who can switch from playing a vamp (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii) to a simple housewife (Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai) with ease. We caught up with this Bengali babe who recently had to give up a plum role in Karam Apna Apna, as she could not leave Mumbai due to her father's (director Anil Ganguly') illness.

Your first crush?
It was a flop show, way back in the 10th standard, I liked a guy who was my teacher's (unfortunately, who I hated) son which I did not know then. So, once in front of him I really bad mouthed his mother, left right and center to a common friend. After that I came to know that he was her son.

Some time back you had made some derogatory remarks against Bollywood?
I did not and cannot condemn Bollywood. Unfortunately, when I was young I had a few bad moments that left a sour taste  which continues till date. Hence I will never act in films. Though, I would give my right arm to assist Karan Johar and Sanjay Leela Bhansali. 

The best characters you have played till date?
Simran in my debut serial Sanjivani. and Monisha in Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai.

Which TV serials do you watch?
Kyun Ki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii are my favorite serials. Kasamh Se is also really good.

Which Telly-hunk do you like the most?
For me intellect matters more; hence I regard Satish as the sexiest man around.

Which is your ideal vacation spot?
I would love to go to the Maldives and Seychelles, as I just adore the romantic ocean, isolation and the luxuries resorts.

Anil Merani (Sampurn

deccan.com