Edited by dmegha - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago

Achint Kaur is an Indian television actress who comes from a Punjabi background and is best known for playing the antagonist, Mandira, & Pallavi in Ekta Kapoor's Indian soap opera's Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi & Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii on Star Plus.

Kaur was born and raised in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh; where she studied at Sophia Girls' School. She started her career with Zee TV's popular show Banegi Apni Baat in 1994, and later worked in Swabhimaan in 1995 in which she plays the role of 'Soha'. Besides working in some of the popular drama series, Achint has also played prolific roles in Bollywood movies, such as Om Jai Jagadish, Corporate, & Julie. She has also won numerous awards for her strong character driven roles. These include the ITA Award for "Best Actress in Supporting Role" for her series Virrudh. Currently, she is working in Zee TV's Jamai Raja.

Durga Devi Patel, in short DD is Roshini, the female protagonist's mother. She has seen and suffered a lot in life. Hers is a Rags to Riches story. She views middle class people as lazy and without drive and opportunists. Durgadevi or DD is very ambitious, aspirational and socially riveted. She loves Roshni but somewhere along the path has lost her human connection and thus is unable to bestow unrequited love and care on her daughter the way she might desire.

She's the non-caring, hard-as-rock mother and rarely she displays hints of softness. She' an an elite jewellery designer. She values money, class, reputation and status, more than everything, anything. She's harsh and proudy and doesn't like her name Durga Devi, so everyone calls her DD.

Television Shows

Filmography

Comment as my time as possible!😆

dmegha

HeerLuvZoya

Anu_4_U

madhuharini

taahir004

Like this post if you want to be a member of this AT.

> The word "Appreciate" in itself means to have a highly favorable opinion of someone or something. You are supposed to appraise the value of the work of the actors and express them in positive light. A thread where all the fans of the Actor/Character gather to discuss what they liked.

> Please refrain from bringing and discussing other general topics of the forum into  the AT.

> Please refrain from any negative/bashful/insulting comments. If members of an AT are caught discussing, then AT will be held liable for it and may be subject to warnings & eventual closure/Ban as follows.

> Admins/Monitors of the AT will report  the troublemakers or problematic members of the AT to the DT  in a timely manner, so that the AT/other genuine fans are not penalized. Here the Admins have a big responsibility and so we believe them to be totally unbiased as the whole responsibility of a AT is on them.

> Lastly - When an AT reaches 150 pages, hit the report button and add this "AT reached 150 Pages", the DT will close it as we can not have two ATs open at the same time.

Information regarding the actor and the character as well, gathered from Wikipedia, India Forums and Achint's IF Profile.

Thanks jyoti06 for the Rules and Regulations.

Thanks to me for the layout!😆
Post, comment and enjoy!!!
taahir004 thumbnail
Oye Oye !!!!!!!!!!!!!
First AT For DD
Anu_4_U thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This wait was worth it!!!!👏
Simply fantastic post/thread for my favourite Achint Kaur...⭐️

Thank you!!!!😊

I am Anupama...and you can call me Anu...😊

I am going to write a lot about her...on Monday here...on why I love her character as DD!!!

See you all...