Siddhant Karnicks views about new airtel ad.

bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Siddhant Karnick's views about new airtel ad.

Posted by Rashmi Shrivastava On August 04, 2014

Siddhant Karnick

Actor Siddhant Karnick, who is presently seen in Gustakh Dil on Life OK, is quite surprised after he came to know of some reactions to his latest commercial for a leading telecom company. Siddhant who is a popular face in commercials did this commercial in Malaysia a few weeks back. The commercial defines a very sweet and unique relationship of a married couplewhere the wife is the boss of her husband. One evening the wife asks her husband to work and meet the deadlines and goes back home. After reaching home she prepares dinner of her hubby's choice. And also makes a video call to her husband to show the dinner, in order to portray the strength of the network. The ad is directed by Vinil Mathew who also directed Hasee Toh Phasee this year.

Talking more about the reactions and the controversy Siddhant says,  "I have never thought that this cute presentation of a couple's relationship in a commercial will create such a bizarre controversy... the ad defines that how caring you can be with your husband... in spite of telling him to work you are also cooking for him."  

Siddhant also feels the reactions from a certain group of people is really illogical. "These people presume that it's only the wife that cooks, why not also presume that when the husband gets back home early, he too cooks. They haven't hired a maid because maybe they both enjoy cooking and it's therapeutic for them. And if you really want to dissect the story , then observe that she cooks with a smile on her face and not a frown. She is enjoying what she is doing and the couple has been able to sustain a very healthy relationship in an otherwise tricky professional situation and I feel that is aspirational for a modern couple. Just a few days back, a friend's 16 year old niece asked her, What's the reason behind some people makinga big deal out of a wife cooking for her husband?'  I feel that is an insight into today's generation. That our society has come that far ahead that teenagers don't see it as an issue. For that I applaud everyone who has worked towards gender equality".

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

romaila thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
I haven't seen add yet so no comments...
Really missing one liner vampire...😔
bokul thumbnail

Originally posted by: romaila

I haven't seen add yet so no comments...
Really missing one liner vampire...😔

wow i am seeing u here after a long time 
Sh_Abhiya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
its cute add n people are making fuse ( don't understand these people )
, aare baba , just re-watch carefully , what I feel wife caring nature for her hubby n hubby no ego problem being his wife boss in office , all ad capture in romantic way , anyone can feel hw much both love each other

Tfs , dia
FantasyFan_8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
the very fact that the husband has no ego issues with his wife being his boss itself speaks highly of a balanced relationship, but no the so-called pseudo feminists would only see 1 side of the coin that the wife is cooking despite being a senior manager. and conveniently ignore the other side 
Willy_Wonka. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ..Bournville..

the very fact that the husband has no ego issues with his wife being his boss itself speaks highly of a balanced relationship, but no the so-called pseudo feminists would only see 1 side of the coin that the wife is cooking despite being a senior manager. and conveniently ignore the other side 

Fully agree 👍🏼 Really don't understand why people need to create a bizzare for just an commercial 😕 I mean some people really need to grown up 😆 It was an cute ad and they are hyped to create such a fuss. 
trishnawaliya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
insensative newz... rai la pahad bana diya...
My_VivJaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I saw that ad nd it's really cute one!!!
people talking bad abt it r brainless!!! it's a simple nd sober ad!!!
tfs dia di...
simply.meghana thumbnail
TFS Dia di
The ad was adorable sont know why people are complaining
bokul thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abhiya4life

TFS Dia di
The ad was adorable sont know why people are complaining

welcome re