Daya aka Disha Vakani's childhood dream fulfilled!

Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Actress Disha Vakani, popular as Daya Gada of "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah", was upbeat when her childhood dream of meeting her favourite Disney character Minnie Mouse, came true.

The entire cast of the hit show recently visited Disneyland in Hong Kong, and Disha was especially excited as she has loved the Disney characters since childhood. She also shook a leg with Minnie Mouse.

"I've grown up watching Disney's cartoon characters. Haven't we all? Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy...there are so many of them! Disney characters are timeless and I still watch them whenever I get time," Disha said in a statement.

The actress also shared her love for Minnie Mouse.

"Minnie Mouse is one of my favourite characters. I love her polka-dotted dress and the little bow that gave her a distinct and pretty look. As a child, I use to imitate her squeaky voice while playing with my friends. I was overjoyed when I got to meet Minnie Mouse in Disneyland and even danced with her in my own funny style," she said.

"Taarak Mehta...", aired on SAB TV, showcases the simple and comical lives of the residents of the fictional Gokuldham Society.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MriduB thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Why doesn't she dress up like that in the show? 😲 She looks so amazing in suits...😳

Awesome pic!
.Rohit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hum bhi dekh lenge hongkong disneyland is story me ... πŸ˜†
artifacts thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MriduB

Why doesn't she dress up like that in the show? 😲 She looks so amazing in suits...😳

Awesome pic!

She dresses as per the character  'Daya'. But she does look terrible in the show. 

Off screen she dresses well and good makeup too. But I wish she tones down her makeup in the show, atleast do something with her lipstick. Sometimes it looks like her teeth are stained with her lipstick. God knows who the makeup artist is !
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
She needs to give away with that hair style also. Its not that she is living in a conventional family or something.  She does wear according to the function, isn't it ? Keeping your hair open once a while is not a bad idea after all.
As for lipstick, I feel the same. Overall, her makeup needs to be toned down.
Edited by dey.bh - 9 years ago
artifacts thumbnail

Originally posted by: dey.bh

She needs to give away with that hair style also. Its not that she is living in a conventional family or something.  She does wear according to the function, isn't it ? Keeping your hair open once a while is not a bad idea after all.

As for lipstick, I feel the same. Overall, her makeup needs to be toned down.

Agree !. Why do they make her wear mangalsutra and bindi when they play sports πŸ˜‰

Another person who needs to improve her makeup and dresses is Komal Hathi. She looks awful.
terenaam_ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
haan free mein hong kong Disneyland dekhlenge...lekin plss daya jee wahan per garba maat khelna..kya pata mickey mouse ko hi daya garba seekha den...πŸ˜†
artifacts thumbnail

Originally posted by: terenaam_ahm

haan free mein hong kong Disneyland dekhlenge...lekin plss daya jee wahan per garba maat khelna..kya pata mickey mouse ko hi daya garba seekha den...πŸ˜†

And you thought your wish would be fulfilled ?πŸ˜† Tough luck !

No bhai, yeh  daya aur asit modi hai ! Garba karna nahi chodenge. 

Already saw  a promo where Daya was doing garba and an asian girl also doing those steps. So go figure! Ab to bechare chinese bhi garba karenge.
terenaam_ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@  Aarti_16

lo jee isse khete hain daya maata ki maatagiri...wahan ke locals bhi abhi garba karenge...jai hoo asit modi sahab...tusi great ho..!!!
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aarti_16

And you thought your wish would be fulfilled ?πŸ˜†Tough luck !

No bhai, yeh daya aur asit modi hai ! Garba karna nahi chodenge.

Already saw a promo where Daya was doing garba and an asian girl also doing those steps. So go figure! Ab to bechare chinese bhi garba karenge.

"Mickey bhai ke saath milke garba khelenge."
Bhool gaye daya ka gaana in Friday's episode? πŸ˜†