‘Maybe my face resembles Osama’s’-Iqbal

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
'Maybe my face resembles Osama's'

After his visa issue, Iqbal Khan's wondering if he'll ever be able to visit the US

SUBHASH K JHA

The American embassy had promised to get back to Iqbal Khan on his visa issue. So far they haven't. Says Iqbal, "I don't think I'll make it for the event in the US. But I'm worried about the future. They had promised to call me as soon as my finger prints were matched with those that they have on their records in Washington belonging to suspected terrorists."
   It all began on September 5, when Iqbal was in a queue to get the American visa stamped on his passport along with 14 television actors. The rest of the group, which included Sharad Kelkar and wife Keerti, Kanchi Kaul, Mona Singh and Saakshi Tanwar finished quickly. But, when Iqbal's name was logged into the computer it started flashing a red alert, because the database matched his name with that of a fugitive on the 'Most Wanted Terrorists' list!
   Iqbal's now waiting to hear from the American Embassy. "However, I must say in their defence that the American embassy had warned me it could take anything from one to six months, sometimes even more. Maybe I'll never be allowed into the US. Maybe my face resembles Osama's…"
   The actor has begun to see the lighter side of the embargo on his movement into their country. "I haven't given up hope. One day they'll probably give me my visa. Until then, I can always visit Iran, Iraq, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Afghanistan, Maldives, Kuwait, Brunei, Pakistan, Bangladesh and all the other Muslim countries… I'm, of course, joking! But this is a serious matter and it can't go on forever. I know one day very soon innocent God-fearing law-abiding citizens like me will be free to go again to any part of the world, just as it used to be. This nonsense can't go on forever."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Misfit_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Okay, he really needs to give it a rest now. I mean, it sucks that he didn't get the visa, but it happens all the time, and to NOT just Muslim people. I felt bad for him initially, because he seems like such a grounded guy, but now it's getting irritating.
hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i dont get why they would do such a thing 😕 i mean, hes a known face...its unfair
Mistyy thumbnail

Originally posted by: yeh_ada_143

Okay, he really needs to give it a rest now. I mean, it sucks that he didn't get the visa, but it happens all the time, and to NOT just Muslim people. I felt bad for him initially, because he seems like such a grounded guy, but now it's getting irritating.

Agree with u totally, I mean we all know he is known face and all, but at the same time those people have to do their job and no celebaraties are  exception for that. So too bad for him but he has to deal with it

Misfit_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: zhasan2

i dont get why they would do such a thing 😕 i mean, hes a known face...its unfair

so what if he's a "known face"? I don't think celebrities should deserve in special treatments, especially when it comes to matters like these.
Anon12378 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: zhasan2

i agree they werent doing there job they were being raisist! 😡
sUgA -N- sPiCe thumbnail
ok ya first of all ok iqbal my love you are way to hot to look like osama, and way to kind to act like him.. he is a selfish person, i dont even noe how ppl can consider hima muslim, a tru muslim understands that Allah would NEVER want his followers to kill innocent ppl!! secondly, many ppl get denied visas, its no big ppl, shoot arabian american citizens are taken off a plane bc americans were afraid to ride with them.. these ppl are typical, education american citizens who happen to be arabs, there rites as citizens are taken from them, bc of ther race?? this is happening to americans, then wat is iqbal? he is just a kashmiri, i think i shouldnt really even consider it important, bc much worse things happen, and besides, i personally think he wouldnt mind if osama was hindu and one of the ppl in the dandia raas group had a name tat matched a "hindu" terrorist (ofcourse, even hinduism teaches kind things, so sorry hindu ppl for assciating osama with hinduism) Edited by sUgA -N- sPiCe - 17 years ago
Misfit_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: sUgA -N- sPiCe

ok ya first of all ok iqbal my love you are way to hot to look like osama, and way to kind to act like him.. he is a selfish person, i dont even noe how ppl can consider hima muslim, a tru muslim understands that Allah would NEVER want his followers to kill innocent ppl!! secondly, many ppl get denied visas, its no big ppl, shoot arabian american citizens are taken off a plane bc americans were afraid to ride with them.. these ppl are typical, education american citizens who happen to be arabs, there rites as citizens are taken from them, bc of ther race?? this is happening to americans, then wat is iqbal? he is just a kashmiri, i think i shouldnt really even consider it important, bc much worse things happen, and besides, i personally think he wouldnt mind if osama was hindu and one of the ppl in the dandia raas group had a name tat matched a "hindu" terrorist (ofcourse, even hinduism teaches kind things, so sorry hindu ppl for assciating osama with hinduism)

That makes so much sense, I mean, he got denied a visa for godsake! People have been deported and what not due to their religious beliefs....did you hear about that canadian arab guy who was taken to the middle east and basically tortured by the CIA coz they "thought" he was a radical muslim? that kind of stuff makes me soo mad.😡
rupi b thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
omg that totally sucks the american govt is just so absurd and completely racist that should not have happened
sUgA -N- sPiCe thumbnail

Originally posted by: yeh_ada_143

That makes so much sense, I mean, he got denied a visa for godsake! People have been deported and what not due to their religious beliefs....did you hear about that canadian arab guy who was taken to the middle east and basically tortured by the CIA coz they "thought" he was a radical muslim? that kind of stuff makes me soo mad.😡

i noe ryte??!! gosh man, torturing him???!! and taking arabs off a plane cuz they brown.. and getting ur visa denied is nothing new anyway... 😆 if white ppl were still stupid iqbal tho PC se kaam chala le tha.. unfortunetly PC ka waqt katham 😆 white ppl are smarter now