RR and JDJ - Rose and thorn

deep0909 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I just happened to catch the Jhalak show where Ashish and his choreo dance as a thorn and rose respectively. All the judges were appreciating the concept and commending the choreo for coming up with it.

But isn't it a lift off from Rangrasiya? In Rangrasiya Paro says that Rudra is a thorn and she a Rose (well actually Rudra says she is a rose and he a thorn). Paro goes on to explain the everlasting nature of the thorn and its beauty.  Typically Rudra snorts and asks her to stop talking nonsense.  Anyone remember it?

So its not an original concept as such. It came from Rangrasiya... Looks like Rudra's choreographer is an avid Rangrasiya fan :-)

The whole act was beautiful and well executed by Ashish and his choreo so full marks on that. I am just pointing out that its not as original as the judges thought!

And Paro needs to get credit for her words of wisdom :-)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I was thinking of the same thing.
Hope thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I thought exactly the same when I saw the performance... Rose and Thorn. 😆.. I love that scene where Paro talks about the thorn.
deep0909 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hope

I thought exactly the same when I saw the performance... Rose and Thorn. 😆.. I love that scene where Paro talks about the thorn.

me too. with all the feel good messages going around facebook and whatsapp, I had never heard that before about the everlasting nature of the thorn and its beauty... was good!
SanzBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I loved that scene in RR and loved Ashish's JDJ performance :)
...Pwincess... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Yeah same here, that was the first thing that came to my mind when I watched the performance. 
Also when he did a dance to har kisi ko nahi milta,  I could only think of PaRud
Jaz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
U wasn't da only one thinking it 😆
Rudradewaani thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
OMG..I was discussing the same thing with my sister, infact I think Ashish dance in Jdj has RR influence, songs were lifted now concept too, but I do not have complain, Ashish is really good dancer, hope he wins this competition.
IAmMayFlower thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I love that rose-n-thorn scene of RR 
deep0909 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rudradewaani

OMG..I was discussing the same thing with my sister, infact I think Ashish dance in Jdj has RR influence, songs were lifted now concept too, but I do not have complain, Ashish is really good dancer, hope he wins this competition.

True . You are right! Ashish dances to some of the same songs that got played in RR. Perhaps the channel gets to influence who dances to what song? And they are kind of keeping Ashish linked to RR. Some kind of indirection promotion of RR on JDJ...

I'm pretty sure that sanaya will be asked to come and dance with him at some time. For sure. Maybe like how Daadi and Bua come for Palak. Did she not come and do some promo when JDJ began as well?