Hardcore RR fans can show COLORS how popular the show is..

sunipai thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Hardcore fans of RR may not be able to increase TRP...but we should show COLORS how popular it is..

...through online dominance and ranking of the cast...including voting for Ashish in Jhalak..why and how below..

It is disappointing for the PH, cast and crew when the TRP does not seem to rise ...after all they are dependent on advertising revenue which will come in if the TRP's are good but more so as it is an indicative of the number of people watching the show.

We know that Rangrasiya is a show that appeals to a niche audience...while we are not big in numbers, we are very passionate about this show.

We, the fans, think that we have the greatest online presence and RR many online viewers (twitter, youtube view etc.)but the numbers by comparison don't measure up.

Apart from IF where we are #1 and some of the polls which we have won,

1.       If you see the number of YT views from the start of the show (not the last 2 weeks), you will see that the number of views follow the pattern of the TRP itself, compare it with the show that airs just before RR and started same time.

2.       If you see the number of twitter fans of Ashish, it is lesser than that of the stars from the other shows. Even the debutants have better numbers L It is a different matter that the RR twitterati or tweeple are very ardent and actively tweeting:-D

3.       Though there are hundreds of polls and that can be annoying and waste of time ...to counter some of our claims that we have the strongest online presence, there are some fans of other shows that are beating us there as well ;-)

Some of us ardent fans are anxious if our show will be cut short of a decent run for lack of TRP's.  More than that, I feel for the efforts of the cast and crew who tried to give us something different, we need to show them our appreciation and recognition of their efforts...if not through TRP, then at least through online dominance...that means through IF, polls, awards, twitter etc.

For RR to be an Online tiger J -

1.       Youtube Views: This number gives the channel and advertiser an idea of the popularity of the show. I know most of us watch the episodes repeatedly; if the episodes are available on YT in your country, please watch the same online. You can download the episodes for posterity if you like, but for now, please watch on it on Colors official youtube upload.

2.       Twitter: Many fans are not on Twitter, the charm of which is something we realise as we start using it more and more (like we did FB). I had an account since 2009 but was not using it as I felt I did not have much to tweet, it was easier to be on FB. But Twitter is a great medium to reach out to stars, politicians and everyone in the public domain. It is faster and easier to give feedback or to share your thoughts in real time (as you have a word count restriction J) . The stars may or may not respond to you, but surely they are reading it. Ashish indicated he tries to read every tweet, so here's hoping at least some of you will open an account in twitter, it is after all free.

As of now, Ashish has 14.2 k followers which is far lesser than most other leads in the celebrity list. We can show his star power increase through RR by the increase in number of followers.

3.       Awards: I think most of you will agree that the cast of RR is fabulous and deserve some of the telly awards.  So make sure that we nominate and keep voting for them in all the telly award websites/forums.

4.       Polls: We are having voting wars in some of the online polls, with some TV shows. This is not to say that the others shows are bad or good, but let us make our show and leads the winners. It gives a message to the channel as well on the popularity of the show.

5.       Ashish on Jhalak:  I think the lead's growing popularity and win on the show will also be an indicative of the popularity of the show to the channel, so vote for Ashish as much as possible.

6.       IF :  I am not familiar how to increase the celebrity ranking (and keep Sanaya at 1) on IF, maybe other baisas can help here J

In my ignorance if I am missing or repeating something, I apologize as I am new to most things related to TV. I never watch TV, this is the first time I am watching a show, realising there is a forum to discuss this, following the cast and crew on twitter, participating in a poll, watching and voting in a reality show. I have been bitten by the Rangrasiya bug and how! 

Apologize for the really long post, and if I appear preposterous, presumptuous or have offended anyone...

Edited by sunipai - 9 years ago