terenaam_ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
The Real Gogi...Samay Shah..!!!

The little kid Samay Shah portrays the role of Gogi, the lively Punjabi boy in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah on Sab TV. He is a grown up boy now.  But not many know that Samay is actually a Gujarati boy.

Tell us something about you and your family?

I am 13 years old and studying in St.Joseph High School in eight grade. My family consists of my parents and two elder sisters. I am very close to my mother as she has been very supportive in my career. I do not get a chance to interact much with my father due to my hectic schedule. I am born and brought up in Mumbai and my native place is in Rajasthan. It is a small village called, Arkhi' between the borders of Gujarat and Rajasthan. Once in a year, we make sure to visit our native place.

Pic1: Real Parents of Gogi & Pic2: Gogi with his sisters

Edited by terenaam_ahm - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

terenaam_ahm thumbnail

So, firstly how did you bag the role of Gogi in Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah?

Actually, once my mother had gone with Bhavya who was selected for the role of Tappu for a meeting. There, a small kid was already been selected to play Gogi's character. But still, my mom made me to audition for the same role. Luckily, after seeing my first shot, I had been selected. I was just seven years old and now it's been six years, I am a part of this show. The whole journey had been wonderful so far.

How is Samay Shah different from Gogi?

(After a long pause) Actually, I am not that energetic in real life as compared to Gogi. I prefer staying quietly at home. I just watch TV and play cricket. In fact, I want to become a cricketer in future.  So Samay is totally opposite of Samay. I am quiet intelligent and reserved person.

Has studies ever been affected because of long working hours in acting career?

Not at all. Everyone around me is very supportive including my principal, my class teachers, and class mates. They support me a lot in my studies.

terenaam_ahm thumbnail

Which type of food do you like?

Though I am Gujarati, I like Punjabi foods. Every Sunday I demand Punjabi food for my lunch. Yes, my mom does get tired, but then I am very fond of parathas, rajmas and dal makhani. If not Punjabi, then I prefer having Chinese food.

Are you techno savvy person?

I am not that techno savvy child. Right now, I am using Samsung Duos mobile and have an I-Pad to play games like FIFA 2014, Jail Breaker and Candy Crush.

Dilip Joshi is more like a mentor to other star cast, how is your relationship with him and other star casts.

Yes, Dilip sir has taught us so much in our acting career. He is a great person and very supportive. Apart from Dilip Sir, I am very close to Sodhi Singh aka Laadh Singh Maan. He is like an elder brother to me. We have lots of fun on set.

terenaam_ahm thumbnail

Many of your family members have chosen the way of becoming sanyasi. Will you ever want to go in the same way?

Yes, my grandmother, two of my aunts, my cousin sister have become a priest, but I am too young to take such decision. For now, I am happy with what I am doing.

Any message to your fans!

Just love me and support me and I promise you to keep entertaining.

terenaam_ahm thumbnail
Gogi with Celebs:
A pic with PM

With Raj BABBAR

with Danny Denzongpa

With Himesh

terenaam_ahm thumbnail
Awards

chota gogi

When Gogi was born

With Remo

With Bharati

MriduB thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
TFS! :)

He's cute! :) But seriously, he's just 13 years old? :O
Shivani_4u thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
is bache ko acting nhi aati ya ye kaho over acting krta hai babuchak.
PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8
His dad looks like asit modi..why i think tht they r related!!
Tappu is his cousin,jethalal is tappus uncle..everyone is almost related there:)
terenaam_ahm thumbnail