poetic justice! --adita wahi

boomerang123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Poetic justice
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   September 18, 2006

Adita Wahi

Small screen vamps normally take recourse in over-the-top make-up and bizarre accessories to emphasise their characters.

Or they flare their nostrils and threateningly pop out their eyes. But the latest entrant to the small screen's vixen brigade, Adita Wahi, has resorted to poetry. She spews some wicked lines that she has sung herself.

Claws out

As Shefali in the afternoon Star Plus drama, Saarthi, her character has been sugary sweet for far too long. So it's now time to bare her fangs. "The turnaround in Shefali's character has been introduced through a stanza which consists of some stark lines," says Adita.

"It was a nine minute long recitation and we shot at 2.30 am. I was so kicked about it that I was wide awake and gung-ho even at that hour of the shoot."

Parts of the poem will be used in the show continuously whenever her character is in the thick of things spewing venom on others.

"Shefali is striking back. A while ago, she had turned negative but soon made amends and was back on a positive note. But there was always this uneasiness with regards to Arjun (Karan Grover) and Bhoomi (Neha Devi Singh)."

Produced by Asit Modi's Neela Telefilms, Saarthii has a mythological storyline set in contemporary times.

Lending support

Besides Saarthi, Adita was also seen as Mayuri in the Balaji show, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, as a source of support for Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar). "I was getting married and wanted to take time off. This was not possible at that time, so I opted out and Mayuri's character disappeared," says Adita, who wed director Ameet Sawant in March this year.

source:http://ww3.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/september/143826. htm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dil_jyo thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
The lines sung by her are really gud... 👏