Retrospection 1-50 wks EBP *updtd wk 49*

dsr11 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Weeks 1-24 below

The Glorious Quarter
(weeks 1-24)
What a glorious start and build up in the first 25 weeks. A story balanced with right amounts of love story and family drama, keeping the focus on love story by giving just the required amount of importance to the other characters, well-paced narration without unnecessary dragging. It reflects in the TVMs. Jungle honeymoon registered the highest TVM of 3.6 until now.

Edited by dsr11 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dsr11 thumbnail
Those Ten Weeks!
(Weeks 25-34)
Bringing in the Swathi ghost was the stupidest mistake the team made. When Ashlok are already established as "soul mates" in viewers hearts, bringing in a live Swathi coupled with the meaningless acts of the vamp Aditi left a bitter taste and undermined some brilliant performances by Avinash (letting go off Swathi's memories one by one and finally the terrace break down scene + night before divorce) and Shrenu (Holi confession + the night before divorce). If only Aditi's character made more sense and if Swathi was never dug out of grave, these 10 weeks would have been more beautiful.

Something to Cheer About!
(Weeks 35-39)

With Swathi out of picture, it rained some very romantic scenes between Aastha and Shlok, starting with that very sensual shower scene culminating in their consummation. Aastha grooving to Sajnaji Vaari Vaari, Aastha making Shlok confess his love and Shlok in turn making Aastha lose her fears regarding the physical aspect of their relationship, all these romantic challenges were fun to watch. Lot of family drama happened too starting from Aastha knowing Niranjan's true face, Jyothi meeting Agnihotris, Abhay sent to jail etc. Loved these few weeks except for the part where Shlok stands aside and does nothing when Jyothi was dragged away by Abhay.

A Whole Bunch of OTT Stuff !
(Weeks 40-45)

The TVMs for 44th and 45th week are still pending and the 45th week episodes are yet to air but just giving my take on these couple of weeks too going by the spoilers. There is a whole bunch of OTT immature Aastha and "saas-bahu pyaar" shoved in our faces in this phase. On top of it, Shlok shaved off his precious beard and then his character too was shaved off and made too smooth for my taste! He appears once in a while to lick either biwi's or baba's bum. Pinning my hopes on restless Niranjan and the return of manipulative Shlokie with stubble๐Ÿ˜•

So finally, after 45 weeks since the start, we can clearly see which "tracks" worked and which didn't. So here are my questions to whoever is responsible:

1. Did you introduce Aditi to promote some other star plus show, in which the female lead avenges her sister's death? Is that why you went to great lengths to justify that character?

2. Did you promote this saas-bahu jodi with the greed to replace a famous saas-bahu serial, which might go off air soon, thus ditching the original concept (hello! it's a love story! duh!) of IPKKND ek baar phir?

Please note that these two "fuxperiments" didn't work! Can we please go back to the original IPKKND ek baar phir, which is an intense love story with smart Agnihotris?! "the Original" gave you 3.6 tvm during the jungle honeymoon! Can we get that high-voltage drama back?!๐Ÿ˜• Open your eyes!

If the show is doing well despite so many unwanted interferences, the credit goes to the cast & crew. Congrats on finishing 250 episodes by maintaining a decent story line and tvm against all odds!๐Ÿ‘
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
i am tired now dear.. u r putting a lots of efforts and also appreciated for your previous long post u made in june.. i am tired now..
sathuraj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Lovely post... Thanks for the effort...
akashavani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
REKHA ...good post ...remembering the old times ...golden times of  ..EBP...hope it once again comes back to its rightful form ...๐Ÿ‘
as you said ...without unnecessary ...dragging ...just hoping they ,,,, CVS,,,are showing all the recent incidents ...leading up to a mindblowing showdown  or  games...between the main players  ...with the love story  EBP ...once more with the other characters ...being there for support and adding  masala ...instead of looking  main themselves ...

The thing is even now there is a love story going on ...only  as romance ...but from now ...THE REAL LOVE STORY OF ASTHA AND SHLOK WILL START ...EBP ...It is only in testing times ... when the going gets hard that ...love will be tested to its limits ...for lovers to come out winning ...EBP ...this time with more love ...as Shlok said to Astha ...lets see...
Edited by akashavani - 9 years ago
dsr11 thumbnail
Week 46:
(from 6-JUL-2014)
Okay so this week started with the BIG fight between Shlok and Aastha. The friction between them went on for Monday and Tuesday and then it just evaporates without a sign๐Ÿค”. On Wednesday, Niranjan gets Abhay's release papers signed by Jyothi by tricking Anjali and Varad's affair with Mansi revealed. Thursday-Friday-Saturday was all about Jyothi's shouting in her shrill voice at Anjali, her delivery and Shlok's ass like behavior with his mom. Lets not talk about his female counterpart, Aastha who plays cupid for the about to pop Jyothi and Sid. Who signed up for "Ass-hiqui"(borrowed from our dear Farah๐Ÿ˜›)?! Not me!                 
TVM  2.5 (dropped from 2.7 previous week)

Week 47:
(from 13-JUL-2014)
That spoiler article in the weekend about Shlok's reaction to Abhay-Jyothi issue was just so uplifting! Not really! Shlok's ass like behavior continues and Aastha follows suit with playing cupid for Jyothi and Sid. Jyothi comes home and some happy moments with  little Anaya for everyone with that beautiful article about Shlok and the great segment where it is said that hero is an ass, he doesn't care for his sister's well being and he treats heroine like his punching bag. I'm so looking forward to the rest of the week! NOT REALLY! 

I didn't watch Thursday Friday Saturday episodes. So i cannot say what worked / didn't work for me.
TVM 2.8 (increased from 2.5 previous week) 
~corrected 31-jul-2014~

Week 48 :
(from 20-JUL-2014)
This week also I personally skipped watching the episodes, but going by the written updates, a lot of drama is happening around Jyothi-Abhay-Sid-Anaya. Hope it works.

I didn't watch anything except for that bad fight, but looks like it did work! Continue whatever you are doing!
TVM 3.1 (increased from 2.8 previous week)

Week 49 :
(from 27-JUL-2014)
I loved this week until now and I am also liking the spoiler segments for the coming days. But don't forget divorce before marriage!

Okay, they did forget about the divorce, but otherwise, I liked the episodes. It was a good mix of drama and romance. Enjoyed the week.
Abhay makes Jyo-Sid relationship public by sending the pic to newspaper.
Jyothi and Sid plead their cases and Niranjan accepts their marriage.
Battle of egos started between Shlok and Aastha; Aastha moves into Jyothi's room, but they both miss each other.
TVM 2.9 (dropped from 3.1 previous week)

Week 50 :
(from 3-AUG-2014)
I loved this week too until now with the battle of egos between Aastha and Shlok and the brothers, wives and the other women in their lives (Sojal-Varad-Mansi and Aastha-Shlok-Ria) tracks going on amidst the Jyothi-Sid marriage festivities! 
chitsss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hey Rekha ... nice work!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ I find the dip in TVMs for week 42 a bit unnatural. From 3 to 2.3๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿคข I understand people disn't like the track but the dip seems to imply that a major chunk just stopped watching all of sudden. Now that's a rarity with daily soaps , people wean themselves off slowly.๐Ÿ˜• It's like a section of the audience was wiped off in a earthquake!

Anyways ... SP's usual Mahila morcha won't work with the audience of this show , hopefully they know that.
rbb1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you, that is really nice
srilotus thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
so much effort...thanks Rekha ji
samprettyy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

no one liking d present track...every one waiting for niru truth to come out...TRPs shows it well๐Ÿ˜ญ