AzN CuTiE thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
hi do any of u no anyting bout da girl jesma who got murdered near primark in london? my friends friend knew her and also was her boyfriend???can any one tell me how she really got murdered and if they have found her killer yet? I find this very sad and i hope jeshmas soul rests in peace.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Meg_d* thumbnail
She was an 18 year old, She was just about to her a levels, and when she got murdered and raped her 18th Birthday was 1 week away, a 42-year-old Latvian saw her, he lived one street away and one day she went to primark and took a short cut and there tht guy took her to the bushes and raped her and stabbed her in the heart 3 times. Her mom and my brothers mother in law worked in the same place. Jeshma wanted to be a singer when she grew up!

here are couple of articals on her:

Latvia orders extradition of Jeshma murder suspect
(Filed: 05/06/2005)

A Latvian judge has ordered the extradition of a man wanted for questioning in Britain over the murder of 17-year-old Jeshma Raithatha.

Martina Smit
Jeshma Raithatha was raped and stabbed

Jeshma was raped and then stabbed three times through the heart on May 16. Her partially clothed body was not found for eight days.

Viktors Dembovskis, a 42-year-old Latvian national, was detained under a European arrest warrant late last week in the town of Livani, 150 miles east of Riga.

The extradition order was made by a judge at Preile District Court in southeast Latvia.

Kristine Mezaraupe, a Latvia state police spokesman, said: "The court decided to put him under arrest for 80 days while Latvia works on his extradition."

His lawyer, Agnese Sevastjanova, said she had not yet decided whether to appeal the decision - a process that could take several months.

"He pleaded not guilty to the charges in court but it's impossible at the moment to say whether or not he wants to be extradited to England," she said.

British detectives say they believe Jeshma was the victim of a random attack as she returned home along a footpath through a wooded area in Sudbury Hill, west London.

They said last month they were looking for a man who had been living near the teenager's home, but had gone missing.

On Wednesday, police released CCTV footage showing her shopping in northwest London just hours before her death.

2nd Artical:

an arrested in Jeshma murder

By Martina Smit
  • Jeshma Raithatha was filmed on CCTV as she bought a candle and a top hours before her death
  • Latvian police have arrested a man in connection with the murder of A-level student Jeshma Raithatha.

Scotland Yard confirmed that the detainee was the man who left the country after the 17-year-old was raped and stabbed thrice in the heart in bushes behind a west London leisure centre.

The man rented a room in Dimmock Drive, less than 500 yards from both Jeshma's family home and the wooded den where her body was found.

It is still uncertain whether the man will be sent back to Britain, a Met spokesman said. "Legal proceedings have started on both sides."

Earlier this week further forensic tests, based on the lifespan of insects, revealed that Jeshma lay undiscovered for six-and-a-half days.

"We believe that she was killed on the day she was reported missing and not kidnapped somewhere," said Detective Chief Superintendent Andy Murphy, who leads the inquiry.

Due to early post mortem results detectives first thought she died six days after she disappeared from her school on Monday, May 16.

A staff member of Claremont High School, Kenton, saw Jeshma at about 1.30pm before she boarded a 204 bus to Wembley High Road.

There CCTV cameras filmed her as she bought a candle at Pound City and a top at Primark.

The aspiring singer and actress then caught a 92 bus to Sudbury Hill station, where she took a secluded footpath past the David Lloyd Leisure Centre in Greenford Road.

Mr Murphy told the Ealing Times the path is a "natural route" for her to take to her home on the Wood End estate.

"We do not know whether or not her attacker was hankering around the footpath for some time or whether he was passing through the footpath at the same time as her."

He dragged her more than 20 yards to a natural den used by drinkers, where he raped and stabbed her.

Mr Murphy confirmed that "items from Primark and Pound City" was found near her body.

Detectives are now ruling out the possibility that Jeshma, who wrote on several websites about her dreams to become a singer, was abducted by someone she knew.

"We can safely say that there is nothing from our enquiries to suggest that this was a meeting related to her social activities such as Internet usage," Mr Murphy said.

"All of our enquiries say that Jeshma was just an ordinary school girl."

Police urged anyone who was on the 92 bus or near the leisure centre on the afternoon of May 16 to call them on 020 8358 0300.

This indeed is very sad (mods am not sure if i should of posted this here or not, you can delete this if its not suitable for IF)

Her last moments

CCTV ... Jeshma pictured buying top

This all was on Wembley High road, where my college is its very sad!
    Edited by Megha_Desai - 18 years ago
    *Meg_d* thumbnail
    I personally think to resolve such issues that always seem to happen in lonely woods bushes fields or park is that Policemen or whoever should be kept on Duty 24-7 in these particular places, this is the only way from which these sorts of cruel crimes can stop happening, also girls or weman should not walk about alone in these sorts of lonely places as its very dangerous, thats my personal opnion, may god rest Jeshma's soul she was a nice person and what happen to her was totally unfair!
    sukh thumbnail
    may god rest jeshma,s soul. & give courge to her family members to bear this. this is a very sad news.😭
    AzN CuTiE thumbnail
    OMG!!! DAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAD R.I.P JESHMA!😭