Improper upbringing responsible for the development of a Rapist-mind?

Anne.Frank thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
A child is not born being a rapist...his society makes him so...I feel attitude of parents,improper upbringing and family issues lead to the development of a rapist mind because a person/child learns what he sees or listens...I have seen that many orthodox women carry a negative and disrespectful attitude towards their own sex...For example-a woman goes to the market with her son...she sees a girl wearing a short skirt pass by...she makes a rude comment at her.the child hears it and develops a disrespectful attitude towards women wearing short clothes...I hope you all get my point..

So is improper upbringing responsible for the development of a rapist mind??What are the other factors which lead to it??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
If a women is objecting to a short dress being worn by a girl in front of her son then does it mean son is being conditioned as a rapist? I do not see the logic. If she imples that girl is bad then it even then does not mean she deserves to be raped. He could see in another manner and think ok i will stay away from her. lol

Basically I see rapist as of two kinds

1- Criminal mindset. They usually hunt in groups. 4-5 friends who do not have sense of morality, ethics, respect for law, what is right.. They are like other criminals for whom breaking law does not matter.

2- Frustated mindset. These people are frustated type whose screw is loose one day it comes out and they engage in such act.

In the end its mix bag of your own self, your mental condition and then environmental factors can act as a trigger. That does not mean those factors are to be blamed as others also faced with those factors.

My solution is clear. There needs to be severe and prompt punishment and law enforcement to reduce incidents of rape. Once few are seen hanged I am sure these minds will think many times before commiting any criminal act.
Edited by Forever-KA - 9 years ago
Anne.Frank thumbnail
^^A rapist mindset starts developing only when the person has disrespect in his heart for women...and that developes from improper upbringing...The kind of person he mixes with,society,family issues...everything influences his mind...thats my point here...I have seen educated normal ppl disrespecting women...
I have seen the bad attitudes of parents being reflected in their child making the child frustrated...I do feel upbringing and society influence a mind...
Edited by Anne.Frank - 9 years ago
Forever-KA thumbnail
I get what you are saying but it is not the most important factor that could make a rapist out of you. Disrespect is there in many but not everyone turns out to be rapist. On the other side we have people who kill in name of honor and morality and therefore disrespect women. That is another mindset.

I think critical ingredient in all this is personal. It has do with mental imbalance that is reflected behavior and such actions. The things you are referring to can be trigger factor. Should we blame trigger factors just because some are not equipped to handle those. I dont think so. Still they do have some role so I will give you that.
Anne.Frank thumbnail

Originally posted by: Forever-KA

I get what you are saying but it is not the most important factor that could make a rapist out of you. Disrespect is there in many but not everyone turns out to be rapist. On the other side we have people who kill in name of honor and morality and therefore disrespect women. That is another mindset.

I think critical ingredient in all this is personal. It has do with mental imbalance that is reflected behavior and such actions. The things you are referring to can be trigger factor. Should we blame trigger factors just because some are not equipped to handle those. I dont think so. Still they do have some role so I will give you that.

I agree...👍🏼

Attitude plays a key role...
Forever-KA thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anne.Frank

I agree...👍🏼

Attitude plays a key role...

good. lets agree to agree. lol.

lets see what others have to say. thanks
--arti-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
What you're talking about is something people have come to define as rape culture. It is something that is enabled by all of us in some form or shape. It's easy to point fingers at rapists alone instead of overhauling our cultural attitudes towards women, violence, consent, etc. Most rapes happen in domestic situations, and most rapists are husbands, boyfriends, fathers, uncles, cousins, coworkers, etc. not some boogeyman waiting in the bushes to attack a passing woman.

You'll find these articles interesting:

Rape Cultures in India

Let's Ask How We Contribute to Rape

What is Rape Culture

A previous thread which covered some of these points:
Real discussion about sexual violence

--arti-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
edit
Edited by --arti-- - 9 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Forever-KA

If a women is objecting to a short dress being worn by a girl in front of her son then does it mean son is being conditioned as a rapist? I do not see the logic. If she imples that girl is bad then it even then does not mean she deserves to be raped. He could see in another manner and think ok i will stay away from her. lol

As harsh as it sounds, yes, she is subliminally conditioning him to develop unhealthy attitudes to certain woman.

She is telling him that a short skirt is indeed titillating. She is telling him that it is the woman's responsibility not to wear short skirts. She may not be saying the girl deserves to be raped. However, she opens up her son to negative influences and misconceptions about women that may or may not lead top rape.

Instead she should use this to teach her son about respecting women. She should teach him that even though their family values modesty, that women still have the freedom of choice to dress how they please. She should remind him that a short skirt is not an invitation for anyone to leer, stare or pass comments. And no matter what he must always treat her with respect.

Forever-KA thumbnail
I don't think that an orthodox women would mean that something is "titillating", # 1

# 2, yes she is forcing wrong notions about a particular form of dress but I don't think it will have any impact in terms of someone turning into rapist or telling him that this wrong deserve to be dealt with another wrong.

# 3, As I said rapist has to do much much more with a person's own mental and physical imbalance and then there are trigger factors which can set off an action.

I still fail to see any connection. You are tying up different points. I believe more important factors are person himself, and the rule of law and punishment which can curb such acts. Even among trigger factors there are many many other things which are more important like movies etc. anyway
Edited by Forever-KA - 9 years ago