An Unexpected RRift EDIT

tvbug2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

In the run-up to the redemption of Mala helped along by Paro, today, the CVs revealed a rather unusual split, and as a result some potentially very interesting new alignments in the haveli. 

Rudra's control had cracked wide open by the time Paro got there. The scabs on his soul-deep wounds had ripped apart, and the room was viscous with the sullen ooze of anger, shame, pain, rejection and a multitude of other emotions that had roiled inside him for far too long.

Even the swigs he took from the bottle to numb the pain could not more than dull the edge. An edge that was instantly sharpened by the words that were wrenched from him and cut him afresh as they stabbed at her. At her, no not his Maasa, but that other woman the one who had run away and dumped him like so much rubbish in the bin. Words that showed no signs of stopping or slowing down, but that seared out of him and into her, shattering her composure, dissolving her joy in tears that ran down eyes so like his own that they might as well have been his. 

He could not have that. No. How could a woman like her cry? A woman who had left him and Bapusa to shoulder the burden of her abandonment while she enjoyed a life of privilege and ease. Left Bapusa leaning on his crutch, and he to the crutch of alcohol. What would everyone think? That a woman like her was actually swept away by emotions?

No. She needed to stop crying. After all, she'd done him, them, a great favour. They still existed. Were not just alive but living. And now she could do them another favour and go away. Leave them to never return. Today he was making the decision, as she had fifteen years previously, for himself and Bapusa that she should go away. His hands shook her off, dismissed her, like his voice, with contempt. And he walked away without once looking back.

He did not need to turn around to know that his wife, his Paro, had gone over to that woman. But Paro returned to him as he stood braced against the wall letting the contents of the bottle mingle with the burn in his throat. Returned to him and tried to tell him she understood how he felt, because she too had lost her parents as he had his mother.

So he corrected her. Her parents had not left her of their free will. Nobody had taunted her with the fact that her mother was a runaway. She had not lived her life in shame and contempt. She could never tell him not to be angry or upset or hate that woman, because he hated her and would hate her all his life.

That's when she, his wife, his Paro, left him for her and went over to the other side. Told him she didn't mind him venting, as long as once the dam had burst, he listened to that woman; gave her an opportunity to tell her side of the story!  

So then he pushed her hand away from where it cupped his face, and staggered away, reeling under the blow of this fresh desertion.

And stumbled back to his father. To tell him what he'd done. How he'd sped that miasma away. Sent her back. Bapusa need not worry. She would not be returning. Bapusa could go back to sleep. He'd scared the demon away.

And his father, the person he had tried to shelter from this storm that was blowing their way, instead of being relieved and welcoming his decision, or patting him on his back, asked, "She's okay isn't she?"

A dramatic episode today as the CVs built the case for Mala. So we got to see the flashback that redeemed her somewhat, and shovelled a little of the dirt Dilsher's way. And as a result we saw Dilsher's surprising reaction to Rudra's revelation - not welcoming his son's decision to reject Mala as much as showing his concern for Mala whether out of mere humanity, guilt or feelings that never quite burnt out, it is too early to tell. What we do know is that Paro has an unexpected ally in the haveli to bring Mala back home.

The rift will no doubt widen tomorrow as bonds old and new are tested by the power of Typhoon Mala as it finally hits the haveli. Mohini's attempts at manufacturing a split between Samrat and Mythili are likely to be subsumed by the after-effects of this new storm. At least for a while, as the household realigns itself for and against Mala. I for one am looking forward to Dilsher's and Mohini's reactions to Mala's presence. And Rudra's reactions to Dilsher-Mala.

Acting was compelling, and ably supported the power-packed script and incisive dialogue, which were to me the real heroes today. Although all drunken male performances will end up being compared to Amitabh Bachchan's many renditions of the same, and inevitably conjure a sense of deja vu and/or not match up. πŸ˜ƒ Having said that, Ashish was still convincing in the hospital and came into his own the moment he left the room. Sanaya was equally convincing as the wife torn between looking after her husband's immediate and long-term mental health.

As was Sadiya as the Maasa, finally being made to see her son's scars - physical and emotional ones - inflicted as a result of her running away. Kali Prasad Ji and the actor who plays Danveer were able to impart a sense of the dread and shell-shock that effectively led Kakisa to ask if anybody had died. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ to the cast and crew for an episode that effortlessly captured our attention and one that makes us eager to know what will happen tomorrow.

Waiting for the storm to hit!

Smitar's brilliant analysis on Page 2

Enjoy!πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by tvbug2011 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Erika1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Great post, but I don't agree with trying to go steal her son as being a bit of redemption for the mother. After all her now husband is a villain isn't he, so she obviously did not make the right decisionπŸ˜•. So therefore I conclude that the hero's father did the right thing in keeping his son, perhaps if he had gone with the mother he too would have become a crook. So I am still for the father of hero rather than against him. πŸ˜†
Even though he was supposed to be a drunk and mean person. πŸ˜†
Edited by Erika1 - 9 years ago
tvbug2011 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Erika1

Great post, but I don't agree with trying to go steal her son as being a bit of redemption for the mother. After all her now husband is a villain isn't he, so she obviously did not make the right decisionπŸ˜•. So therefore I conclude that the hero's father did the right thing in keeping his son, perhaps if he had gone with the mother he too would have become a crook. So I am still for the father of hero rather than against him. πŸ˜†
Even though he was supposed to be a drunk and mean person. πŸ˜†

Thanks Erika and welcome to the RReview thread. πŸ˜ƒ

By 'the flash back that redeemed her somewhat', I meant that Rudra has always blamed her above all for abandoning him like bit of rubbish, whereas the CVs made it clear that it was never her intention to abandon Rudra.

Mala's redemption (all of it) is coming up as she tries to make up for the years of pain and suffering that Rudra has had to undergo because of her actions (whether she meant to take him along with her or not). And in which Paro will help because she loves her husband and her Thakurain Maasa.

And I agree with you. It was for the best that Mala didn't take Rudra, because things would have been much worse for him with a man like the Thakur as father-figure, and a mother as nave and blind to the Thakur's faults as Mala.
Edited by tvbug2011 - 9 years ago
tvbuf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Your posts are so wonderfully objective and mature πŸ‘
Cara86 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Brilliant Bugs πŸ‘

Finally we got a glimpse of that fateful night Mala decided to leave and it still left me feeling cold towards said mother who thought Plan A - Runaway with their child was a good idea. But what it has given us is enough to know that Dilsher's shock, anger of hearing Mala's return into their lives leading to guilt maybe even regret is rather telling in that there is a lot more to Mala simply running away 15 years ago. 

"Typhoon Mala" special delivery courtesy of Paro is hitting the Ranawat Haveli tomorrow and I can't wait to see what she brings out in the open. 

Hoping for a side of PaRud romance along side the drama seems completely off the cards but I guess one can always hope... really hard πŸ˜‰
Jaz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Brill analysis bug! My question is why is it that dilsher has so much concern for mala? Do you think he still loves her deep down?
tvbug2011 thumbnail
Thank you. πŸ˜ƒ
tvbug2011 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tvbuf

Thanks Tvbuf πŸ˜ƒ Delighted they appeal to you.
nancynair thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wonderfully written
But they did show Dil reading the letter first and then throwing Mala out 

They had a bad marriage but Rudra had only happy memories of those days

I will wait for the story to unravel a little more

But why would Mala return to the haveli of her former husband  ?

The only relationship based on which she could have returned was her sister Mohini but does not look like Mohini will be the one 
smitar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: tvbuf

Beautiful post, TVbug! Today is a special day, tumhari darshan jo mil gayi.πŸ˜†

The toofan is here. You got the perfect name, TVbug, Typhoon Mala.πŸ˜† Waise, are all typhoons female?πŸ˜‰

The tandav of Rudra's pain was a sight to behold. I wish they had shown more of it with less of the background AAA. My ears! My poor ears!πŸ˜†

"Dil tootne ka ghaav, sharmindgi ka ghaav, dhoke ka ghaav, kissie kone mein kachre ki tarah phenk dene ka ghaav...you can't understand the pain of this ghaav," says banna while Maasa weeps in silence.

Kya dialogue maara Rudra ne! His andar ka ghaav😳...his dikhaoon😳? Haiyye! No gutter soch😳, no yuva josh😳, no, no. I am satwikπŸ˜‰ & vegetarian in my thoughts. Kasam se!πŸ˜‰

I am glad Maasa had no dialogues in this scene to spoil the effect.πŸ˜†

He feels he has lost his prop, Paro, to his Maasa. Now looks like he is going to lose his Baapusa too to the same woman. Rudra is going to know new depths of loss. Uski to wat lagne waali he.πŸ˜† Aur kitna royega mera banna?

And a greater loss might be the loss of his certainties, the changing of the absolutes as he wrestles with the truth of the past. It will not change his story, his abandonment, the fact that he had to live without a mother and listen to snide remarks. But it will change his perception of his Baapusa & his Maasa. Will he cry again?πŸ˜†

Dilshu with his baisakhi and bad leg seems to have misunderstood Mala, his beautiful wife. Did he suspect her of having an affair? Did Mohini fan the flames of his suspicion & jealousy? Did he order Mala out of the house in a fit of anger, a decision he regretted almost as soon as he enforced it but couldn't retract? Pata nahi kyon, Shakespeare ki boo aa rahi he!πŸ˜† I am reminded of Dilshu's words to Rudra to contain the damage Laila has caused to his marriage before things get out of hand. πŸ˜ƒ

Does Paro understand Rudra? There was little in the episode to hint at their janam janam ka rishta. Maybe when the makers remember that Rangrasiya is about Rudra-Paro and not the Rangeela past of Mala, we will get some romance!

"Koi mar-war gaya he kya?" Mohini asks. She has no idea, no idea at all that she is soon going to light the chitta of her dreams & aspirations.πŸ˜† First Rudra returned to the haveli with Paro in his arms. Later he brought Dilshu. Her attempts at pest extermination resulted in Sumer being exiled. Now Raajkumar Samrat & Raajkumari Mythili are going to abandon this dharamsala, Mala is on her way in and maybe Laila is going to return with Sumer. Kya khichdi he, Kaki kum Maasi!

Mala's last prem patra is flying in the wind of the toofan. It makes it clear to us that she tried to make the relationship work but failed, that she is leaving for everybody's happiness, ho sake to maaf kar dena. Dilshu throws Mala out, "khali haath, akeli.". Now that blame has been divided equally between Dilshu & Mala by the creatives, all of us can sleep happy.πŸ˜†

Ram-Laxman jodi of Dilshu & Danveer. He knew & knows how much Mala meant/ means to Dilshu. That explains his secret phone calls and midnight assignations with his bhaabhisa. Keeper of secrets, our Danveer.πŸ˜†

Rudra is his father's protector. Just as Dilshu tried to protect him by keeping the child with him and preventing Mala from taking him, Rudra is trying to protect his father from the pain of Mala crash landing in their lives.

"Usko bhaga diya meine," he says, not realising that Baapusa may not exactly have wanted that. "Nahi aayegi woh. Tu...tu chinta mat kar...Tu pareshan mat ho...tu so jaa...," he says. Bechara Rudra. What does he know that his Baapusa's second-hand jawaani has come?πŸ˜†

Rudra, Ro mat. We, IF phangurls are all ready with our tissues and oodles of sympathy to comfort you. Paro ko maaro goli. We will put up with your fondness for rum, your Maala issues, your tears, your Baapusa issues, your Kaaki issues, your Laila issues... What does Baapusa know of the thousands of phangurls spread across the world who are waiting for a chance to "sambhaal" Rudra when he "bikhars"?πŸ˜‰

The precap..ha..ha.. Is it Rudra's dream/ nightmare? Or has Dilshu asked Paro to bring the prodigal wife back to the fold? Loved Mohini's saucer-like wide eyes. 🀣

Edited by smitar - 9 years ago