Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

Story is the real USP of Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: Neha Mehta

terenaam_ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Story is the real USP of Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: Neha Mehta

Jun 5, 2014, 12.15 PM IST

Neha Mehta, who plays Anjali Mehta in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, says that the story of the long-running show is its real USP. 

Talking about the show, which has been a huge hit in Gujarat from day one (they have shot often for the show in Gujarat and the characters are immensely popular here), Neha, who is an Amdavadi and has done Gujarati films and shows as well, says, "While all the actors in the show have been doing a fabulous job, the real USP of the show is the story.

All the characters are people that you can relate to on an everyday basis and the show deals with the problems and lives of the common man. At the end of a tiring day, nothing beats a show with good humour and effortless comedy!

I am really attached to this show and there have been times when I had to turn down other offers. As an actor, I want to be associated with shows that touch people's hearts." 

Neha Mehta was in Vadodara recently for a promotional activity.She said,I have studied at the Faculty of Performing Arts,MSU,and share a wonderful bond with Vadodara.

I have fond memories of going to the old city for shopping, and my hostel days at Fatehgunj were great fun too, and I can never forget the sanskari garbas here. I tell all my friends that Vadodaras Navratri celebrations are a class apart.

Be it Dollar Bahu or Bhabhi, I am lucky to have done shows that are socially relevant

I am a trained dancer too and have judged a dance reality show for a Gujarati channel.  Given a chance, I would love to do a dance reality show. I relish taking up challenges and can handle even difficult dance forms with ease.

Actually wanted to be a director but life had other plans in store for me. But I am not complaining.

I have done three Gujarati films so far, and feel particularly proud of Better Half, which was an experimental movie and was received very well. I have also done a lot of Gujarati theatre and love doing Gujarati plays/films. 

I would like to continue that association forever. Having said that, Gujarati films need to change with the times and there is room for a lot of improvement.

Neha jee...kya ye show sirf Gujarat mein hit hai? I thought this show is hit all over India?

Your Views plss...😎
Edited by terenaam_ahm - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

artifacts thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Sadly content is missing thtse days !
severus1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I guess they are inspired by the "sanskari garbas", she mentioned. Dafuq!
Never knew such a term existed.

Kahin Babujee toh CV nahin hain.
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Sanskari Garba😆 Did she mean traditional Garba? 

That's why she was always a laughing stock in WWKBH. I thought it was all scripted'

1. Hit in Gujarat: Madamji SAB tv is a Hindi GEC channel. Did you know that ?

2.Effortless comedy? says who ?

3. Na ji we don't know any dancer apart from Daya. Bolo Daya devi ki jai!!!

Edited by dey.bh - 9 years ago
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you Neha ji for sparing our souls. Sanskari garba and sanskari comedy is acceptable but sankari direction would have killed us by now
terenaam_ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ severus1

sahi kaha...sanskari bapu jee...🤣

Edited by terenaam_ahm - 9 years ago
BeastInCarnage thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Mam,,,,What story are you talking about ?
severus1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ Debby
I watched a few episodes of WWKBH and she was like literally trolled on the show. Even this Taarak Mehta used to almost insult her and all she could do was smile back stupidly.