Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Rohit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Ya i guess dinner me idli- dosa koi nahi khata hoga...rasgulla is fine.
.Rohit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
They praise each other all the time...isme kuch bhi naya nahi...
Wah padosi ho toh aise...ek yeh padosi hai aur ek mera padosi hai ... 😑 🀬
terenaam_ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hum sub ke liye party menu...πŸ˜†

Edited by terenaam_ahm - 9 years ago
artifacts thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I myself love idli and dosa and uttappa and can eat it anytime, but still I would say it is a snack, not a Party menu. 
And about rasgullas, can't imgine eating more than one. So much sugar !!
And both together don't go together from nutrition point of view.

It is such a sterotypical thing to assume that southies eat only dosa, idli and begalis eat only rasgulllas. Similarly maharashtrians eat puranpoli and vada pav all the time. Come on writers kuch naya socho.
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Aarti_16

Was it really a unique combo ?

The GD mahila mandal was praising it as if it was such a great idea !

I did not find it appealing at all. Just like Iyer and Babita, no chemistry between them. 

How about you ? 

Lol.. according to Bengali culture, rasgullas are to be served with misti doi/sweet curd. Serving them with Idli sambar is a bad idea. Sambar is somewhat sour as it has tamarind sauce in it, it is not to be served along such sweets. 
I understand they wanted to show the mixing of two cultures but the Bengal culture and the Tamil culture doesn not meet anywhere. Fusion is not always a great idea. 

I agree with you Idli is actually a snack . I prefer it in the morning not in any party πŸ˜† As for rasgullas, they come in sugar free packets these days, no worries! eat as much as you want.
Edited by dey.bh - 9 years ago
dey.bh thumbnail
Originally posted by: CoerCorash

I ordered idli first time and after i took first few bites, i thought how they do eat this thing?I mean i love dosa & other southie dishes but idli sambhar is just like eating rubber with daal. And i can even think eating it as dinner.

Lol.. got a wrong restaurant. idli is suppose to be soft. 
nirmita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: terenaam_ahm

@ CoerCorash 

dude then you ate idli at a wrong place...because idli is soo soft...and tasty...eat it at some good place or home made if you have any south indian friends...give it a try..

are yaar photo kyon dala aja mera upvaas hai aur yeh idli  sambar chutney ki photo dekh kar ... πŸ˜‰ . I just love it give me any time of the day I can eat its tasty best for health because its fat free  .one secret i would like to share my friends used to call me idli because i am fair as idli and soft skinned like idli .πŸ˜‰
dey.bh thumbnail
Lol.. he posted the pic quite some time ago, in any case yu cant eat a photograph. So, upwas tuta nahi hai aapka, chinta mat kijiye.
My friends called me rasgulla(school)πŸ˜† not because I am fair or something because I was the only bengali in the whole groupπŸ˜†
terenaam_ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
nirmita & @ Debby

aap log dono Idli rasgulla band karo...Dr. Haathi ne sunliya too pareshan hogi...πŸ˜†..

chalo show mein basundi ( pandey jee ki wife) and cham cham ( wo salesman ki wife)  dono hai...and yahan forum pe idli and rasgulla...🀣...kyun sahi baat hai na......just kidding friends...πŸ˜†
Edited by terenaam_ahm - 9 years ago
dey.bh thumbnail
Ji  yatharth, hum desh ki khadya samasya suljhane hetu tatpar hai.