Karna -Fighting battles within

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
What if you come across a truth that makes your life seems like a delusion..What if those whom you thought as your enemy turned out to be someone your own. 
What if you realise that your identity has been a lie till now..All your efforts..battles..seems waste..When choice becomes so difficult. On one side there is a friend who was with you when no one was..on the other side there is someone connected to you by your blood..your own flesh..

He was perhaps at most crucial juncture of his life..his inner turmoil must have killed him inside ... He stood up and made a choice ..It didn't matter to world perhaps how tough that decision was..They say he did for glory..some say for his blind friendship..for me it was his duty..to keep his promise..it was a choice which destiny had already made for him..

Just an attempt to understand a point of view which many don't.

Thanks for all your replies. I wanted to pen down thoughts on inner turmoil of Man who was all ready to face his enemies in battleground...but what would have gone through inside his heart when he came to know the they are his own.. How difficult this would be for him.. I am glad that many concurred that view...

Edited by riti4u - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
Don't go by what they showed - what they showed in the first few minutes of the episode was unadulterated bakwas.  Karna knew that he was Kunti's son, but never had any questions of Radha.  If anything, it was Kunti who would get the brunt of his questions
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Don't go by what they showed - what they showed in the first few minutes of the episode was unadulterated bakwas.  Karna knew that he was Kunti's son, but never had any questions of Radha.  If anything, it was Kunti who would get the brunt of his questions

Oh yes..just thought on writing on conflicts in his mind...not on distorted star version..😆
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i agree with you it would have been hard to accept the fact that your enemies those that you have  hated your whole life are your brother's.

there are two important decisions that karna takes after getting to know the truth .First is to still stand by dury and fight his brother's and second to spare life of four of his brother's and only fight arjuna

the first one would have been really hard no matter what its not easy to fight your brother's yet karna decided to do that because of the strong friendship and loyalty he had towards dury.

second one was his way to do justice to his true family that is pandavs and his friend whom he loved a lot

people can think his decision were wrong ,stupid ,foolish since it led to his death and dury's defeat but i have immense respect for him for the decisions he made

@vrish:didnt understand your comment.Karna came to know he is kunti's son when krishna revealed it
Edited by Sabhayata - 10 years ago
cooljav1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
ya he was a very big dilemma it was really difficult for him to make choice or any decision but what he did was completely just even when kunti requests him to join or spare her five sons he didn't refuse her he promised  kunti that he would not kill nakul , sahedev , bheem , yudi he could have refused as kunti had done wrong but he promised kunti proud of greatness of karna he is good person 
Vr15h thumbnail
Sabhayata

No, read KMG - it's been reproduced in the AT - Karna told Krishna that he knew that he was Kunti's son and accepted that Pandu was his father, but... and then he went into the litany of how Radha had raised him, and how he was indebted to Duryodhan

I can't dig it up now - just check the AT in the last 30 pages 😆
srishtisingh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
vrish I too heard he knew he was kunti son.my question is how? it was krishna who first told him right.
Vr15h thumbnail
Yeah, but when Krishna told him, he told Krishna that he already knew.  Which begs the question - how.

The other point - if Karna already knew that he was Kunti's chance, Krishna would have known that as well.  Then how would approaching him & revealing that to him have helped undermine his hatred for the Pandavas?
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Sabhayata

No, read KMG - it's been reproduced in the AT - Karna told Krishna that he knew that he was Kunti's son and accepted that Pandu was his father, but... and then he went into the litany of how Radha had raised him, and how he was indebted to Duryodhan

I can't dig it up now - just check the AT in the last 30 pages 😆

is it because of this that you are saying karna already knew

"Karna said, 'Without doubt, O Kesava, thou hast said these words from thy love, affection, and friendship for me, as also in consequence of thy desire of doing me good, O thou of Vrishni's race. I know all that thou hast said unto me. Morally, I am the son of Pandu, as also in consequence of the injunctions of the scriptures

if yes then just before this line it is krishna who tells him who he is and that he deserves to be a king that is why karna then says that he knows all that krishna is telling him is right as per scriptures he is pandu's son at least that is how i read it
srishtisingh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
meaning its also one of unknown mysteries of mb! how many are there? why did not vyas made a properly compiled copy of his writings so that we don't have to ransack our brain for these mind wobbling questions 😛Edited by srishtisingh - 10 years ago