I am not disappointed but rather dissatisfied as an actor - Rahul Shar

nitalove thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Indian TV serials are mostly about women power or their weaknesses. The stories mostly revolve around the fairer sex. And men get relegated to being show pieces standing somewhere in the background in a scene.

The character of Akash played by the very good looking and popular Rahul Sharma in Star Plus' Ek Ghar Banaunga (Village Boy Productions) was one of the rarest strong male characters in TV. But now it has taken a backseat with the track currently focusing on his wife's political outing. We thus decided to speak to the man and get his take on these developments.

The actor said, "This is how the industry works overall as that's what the viewers demand. Women characters surely rule Indian soaps. But I feel lucky to be one of the few male actors who got to be the focus point for eight months from the time the show started. Till the time Poonam (Ishita Dutta) confessed her love, I got to do some fabulous work with variant shades, but as of now I have become an obedient husband (laughs)."

So does he feel disappointed with these changes? "I am not disappointed but rather dissatisfied, but only as an actor not at a personal level. I understand that's the game of business and would rather wait for tracks to change in my favour," Rahul shared.

That means he has voiced his demands to the creatives, we asked? Defending himself, he quipped, "I never get involved in this manner. See, I have performed in the past and thus the makers surely know my potential and would churn out things for me if they think I deserve; but I would never tell them to do that out of force."

But Rahul surely has a reason to smile for his fans continue showering their love on him. "I feel blessed that they love and support me so much. Somewhere down the line my identity is surely connected to their love and prayers. It gives immense pleasure and satisfaction to have so many by your side," smiled the actor.

Talking about his dream roles, he stated: "I really enjoy doing emotional scenes. And trust me I hate glycerines and the tears you see on screen are all for real. As an actor I guess the voice modulation and dialogue delivery with eyes moist or brimming with tears is always a challenge and it surely is a favourite for me."

Rahul went on, "Also I had got a very positive response for my episode in Teri Meri Love Stories and thus feel that I can surely do a commendable job if I am given a romantic scene. I am a natural with such emotions (winks)."

Well Rahul, we hope you get what you what in life!!!