PaRud OS: Mere Sang [Mother's Day Special] *OS of the Week!*

Titaliya_AP thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
res.
 If this is even half as good as Laal Ishq, it will be worth tge wait. And then some. 
shutter thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Will res my place here... 😛
I dunno if my words will be good enough to grace the first page of such a beautiful story, but still I'll try to be as good with them as I can...

Well, a lovely song to describe the overflowing emotions and a very apt title as well!!!!! Rudra's fear and insecurity, his anger at his mother's act of leaving him behind with his father, his resentment of his life ever since is beautifully portrayed!!!!! The narrative pulls you in, you feel like you are a part of the audience in the Officer's mess, watching the ongoing luncheon celebrating the occasion of Mother's day with soldiers and their mothers!!!!!

Rudra's uneasiness and his hesitance to go and join his Officers for the lunch, for which he's been invited is very clearly felt by the reader!!!! He wants to go away from the one memory that has haunted his entire childhood and still doesn't let him escape the nightmares of it!!!!

But very soon, the bright sunshine in his otherwise bleak landscape, Paro comes to him and in her own ways, makes him let go of his troubles and enjoy some moments of peace being with the mothers of proud soldiers!!!! Their praise and adoration for him, his activities and the love for his country makes him forget those bitter words said by a mother, who in a state of grief had accused him of leading her son to death as well as the shock of his own mother leaving him!!!!

Aman is such a sweet soul!!!! I just love him to bits... He's the friend and brother that Rudra never had, nit that he'd admit it!!!!

Lovely story AP...👏
Edited by shutter - 9 years ago
Suni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
What a heartrendingly beautiful story! Thank You!
antiquegold thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
The beauty of this story just leaps of the page. Your dedication is so sweet! You are a sweetheart! 
To get up and read this, this on a .monday morning, where Rudra is both washed away and held afloat in the river of Paros love! What can be better than that! Not withstanding the excellent feature of this story... No Laila! 

Thank you for gracing us with this story. It is out of this world! 
Downhill thumbnail
simply amazing
loved it-
sparikh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
That was so beautiful - there is no one like a mother!
-Sona
-Smiles- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
I LOVED it!!! I seriously could not stop reading..so captivating!! Loved the story of how a mother's love is like no other. Awesome job!! 👏
What_the thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Hello Anjani!!
This was very, very good!
The idea of incorporating Mother's Day in Rangrasiya, the special luncheon and the way the presence and blessings of all the mothers helps Rudra to feel the loving warmth of a mother's affection... It was novel and refreshing.

The execution was also very good, making this a touching read,,,
I liked how they say that they ache when the other is in pain..the Paro in your story is in her element, out to cure her husband's fears and pain...and Rudra finally is able to leave his nightmares behind, as he allows his wife to guide him out of the darkness..

You also closed the loop of Vikram Singh's mother...whose harsh words had Rudra revisiting his nightmares...nice touch!

I esp liked this sentence:

For the person who's mother lies within every women in this country, how can he feel motherless

Great work!! Do write more and let me know when you do!

Cheers
Maya

PS: I know I am yet to unres on Laal Ishq...sorry! Will get around to it soon...

Edited by What_the - 9 years ago
bluemoon255 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It was a beautiful and touching os. poor rudra, I really feel sad for him. he loved his mother so much and her leaving just destroyed him. Glad that paro is there to support him. thanks for the lovely os.