Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vanajakshi thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

well, actually diwakar is so so articulate ("waiting with increasing desperation"!) that others should receive some bonus help points for being at a disadvantage!

but there should be some law against pitting children against each other in high-stakes competitions.

chatbuster thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: MrspetloverUS

Ha ha rahul main aapke saath sehmat hoon Public Speaking ke baareme.  But Begging for votes is not Public Speaking at all.  That is basically Begging only (Cheap).  If kids were being taught to be confident in public speaking I would be all for it.  Look how confident "Diwakar" is?.  He already knows public speaking.  He is confident, professional all the way.  Begging for votes from Diwakar would be undermining his capabilities in my opinion.  I am just using him as an example because he is the most confident contestant out of them all with professionalism ooooooooozing out of him everytime he speaks.  

So I say send them all to take a class in Professional Public Speaking instead of begging for silly votes 😡

haha... the trick here is that some of us are already using words such as "begging" to shade the discussion. i am saying it is NOT begging. it is asking for votes, subtly or otherwise. if u really want to see begging, it's the kind of heart-wrenching scene u'll find on the streets everyday, not what these kids are doing. big difference. fwiw, i think we shld use these words with the precision and care they deserve and not just to fill in the gap.😊

Edited by chatbuster - 17 years ago