Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

srishtisingh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
infact akash still as a woman I don't like rama action. as its not necessary that we like what we understand. in my pov being good is really tough because situation always tests u.

Originally posted by: srishtisingh

infact akash still as a woman I don't like rama action. as its not necessary that we like what we understand. in my pov being good is really tough because situation always tests u.

Agreed, even as a man I dont like Sri Rama's actions..but being good all the time is tough business!.. n I dont need to look at Sri Rama for that example, because each one of us struggles with it in our day to day life.. at least for me it holds true, bcoz I have a very strong sense of justice and any unfair act is an eyesore for me..yet being fair all the time and to everyone seems virtually impossible!!... my life experience so far taught me that..we r constantly faced with such delimas in our practical life  we almost always end up choosing one over other , there's no escaping it!.. being good and fair all the time is not a cake walk..
rsnarula67 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Akash005

@ rsnarula67

Apparently, abandoning Devi Sita is not the only unfair decision that Lord Rama took..the Vali incident is also frequently talked about...so much for being the maryadapurushottam and dharma abiding godly king!..😕..I had a vague memory of the Vali incident in Ramayana, I racked my taamsic brain again n went through the story again..Lord Rama gave a direct justification in case of Vali unlike Sita abandonment incident , mainly bcoz Vali himself asked those questions to lord Rama n the answers to which were more than satisfactory to Vali.. moreover, to balance the injustice further , lord Rama gave Vali a boon to take his revenge on lord Rama in his next birth..vali was born as a hunter who was the cause of Sri Krishna's death..

As for MO (the how) about Lord Rama managed to kill Vali, its been pretty clear to me..Vali had a boon that 50% of his opponent's powers would b transferred to him in an open combat..so he practically became invincible.. even Ravan was terribly defeated by Vali.. however, lord Rama never challenged him for an open combat like a real warrior usually does..he attacked vali from behind n killed him by catching him off guard ..lord Rama's justification was that he never viewed Vali as a human or warrior to challenge him for open combat since Vali was more or less like an animal due to his adharma and vanar ancestry ( a little racist but whatever).. n king Bharat had given lord Rama permission to annihilate adharma n restore dharma..so that is y instead of fighting like a warrior, lord Rama chose to attack Vali like a hunter attacks an animal in stealth from behind..

Anyways, I found the following website where both the issues - Sita's abandonment n Vali's assassination has been discussed..go through the comments wen u can, they r especially enlightening..

http://m.speakingtree.in/spiritual-blogs/seekers/god-and-i/shri-rama-and-his-decision-to-abandon-sita-devi-in-forest 

A lot of the stuff on the above website n its comments section is what has been discussed in this thread in detail..but I did find something new as well, like Sita devi was cursed by a pregnant parrot when in her childhood she separated the pregnant parrot from her male companion.. she was destined to have a similar fate due to the curse..that's fairly new..never heard b4 incident as far as I m concerned..

Hi Akash,

Thanks for the link.

You know, we mostly think that "Maryada Purshottam" refers to the Perfect Man. But in a way, especially the way the Ramayana plays out, it actually refers to a person who goes totally by the rule book - meaning the rules/laid down requirements are followed no matter what, even if unfair.
In this aspect, I found that only the Vali incident was the exception to the rule ( as we all know, the exception, proves the rule).

So, Lord Rama - followed the rules/requirements first as son, thereafter as King 
and Lord Krishna - moved around the rules, sometimes giving the rules new meaning!!
Of course I am a bit biased, I adore Lord Krishna.

Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
You guys are still stuck in Rama? Lets take a U-turn and talk about Krishna instead.

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

You guys are still stuck in Rama? Lets take a U-turn and talk about Krishna instead.

I dont think that would do any good either..

As pointed out in the recent earlier post, Rama & Krishna have a stark difference in their code of conduct and personality..

They r in some ways, diametrically opposite..yet, I have complains for each of their conducts..

Even mahadev's explanation n justifications in DKDM didn't suffice me!.. my god!!.. my asuri , taamsic prakriti has surpassed even Banasur !!!... 😲 😲

I dont think that would do any good either..

As pointed out in the recent earlier post, Rama & Krishna have a stark difference in their code of conduct and personality..

They r in some ways, diametrically opposite..yet, I have complains for each of their conducts..

Even mahadev's explanation n justifications in DKDM didn't suffice me!.. my god!!.. my asuri , taamsic prakriti has surpassed even Banasur !!!... 😲 😲

Well isn't this thread meant for such questions?
Bring it on.
Getting bored of Rama here and Sita there situation.
@ Surya
Umm..well..I always thought that Krishna's raasleelas n multiple marriages was a little ..errr.." ungodly".. its not the best example to follow..Rama takes the cake there..although he too did wrong things in his own way..

@ rsnarula67

I too thought that "maryada purushottam" means the same..following written guidelines with very little consideration to its practicality n justice..hence, it led to my questions/ complaints/ doubts..

Oh that..
Well, generally you are supposed to follow Rama's life and follow Krishna's words.
So, live like Rama, and listen to Krishna's advice.

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Oh that..

Well, generally you are supposed to follow Rama's life and follow Krishna's words.
So, live like Rama, and listen to Krishna's advice.

Now..that I can accept!.. although I wouldn't want anyone to replicate Rama's mistakes, still it makes sense to me..

Very well reasoned! ..👏

Now..that I can accept!.. although I wouldn't want anyone to replicate Rama's mistakes, still it makes sense to me..

Very well reasoned! ..👏

Are there any more doubts?
If no, then create them. Rack your brains until you find one.