Rangrasiya

HappilyLost thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
So after so many of you asked me to continue the last part, I had no choice but to write this down.This, as i have already mentioned is from Rudra's point of view.
If you have not read OS: Appointment then i would recommend that you read that first. The story starts from where the last one ended.
Here is the link

A small warning. This one did not come out as good as Appointment. It just a small attempt at taking the story a little forward as requested. I apologize in advance if it was not upto your expectations. 😊

APPOINTMENT-A SEQUEL

"When are you planning to get me a daughter-in-law?" Dilsher asked his only son although he knew the answer quite well.

"Today 10 o clock" Rudra joked, while he fastened the buttons of his blue shirts.  He turned to pick his white coat as he fully intended to rush to the clinic before another stream of complains and grunts started. Somehow his father never seemed to get over the fact that he was not ready to marry now.

"oh I wish I were so lucky Rudra!" dilsher commented casually. He was in no mood to drop the topic this easily." You are a well built man , and have a handsome face as well! You could always get somebody from your clinic you know? Doesn't Doctor Rudra Pratap Ranawat get any female patients?  Six days a week you spend in that clinic of your, treating others problems. Then why so adamant about solving your father's one?"

"ranawat..." rudra warned. He was late already and starting his day listening to his father's problem was the last thing on his mind. "You don't have a tooth problem Ranawat and I am a dentist! There is only so much that a man can do! What do you need a daughter in law for? We are living perfectly well aren't we?"

"You think you are living perfectly well rudra" he corrected "and you are extending that stupid assumption of your to my life as well in the process. A wife will complete you, and it gets pretty lonely here too. Sometimes I think that the haveli will swallow me alive! Then keep searching for me and you won't even find me anywhere! Oh I wish to see my grandchildren before I die at least"

And Rudra knew he was trying to blackmail him into marrying. What is with guardians and their emotional blackmailing, he thought.

"I don't think that would happen anytime soon ranawat. And don't worry; the haveli isn't going to swallow you or it would choke on the burnt rotis and aloo sabzi you eat and make me eat as well! I am getting late now." And with that Rudra sauntered past the main gate without rewarding his father with a luxury of a second glance. Dilsher however looked on, even though his son wasn't visible anymore with a smile on his face. Finally he turned away and muttered "yeh nahi sudhrega!( he will never learn)

Rudra leaned back in his chair with a deep frown on his face. His strained muscles ached due to the long hours of work and body visibly craved for a short nap. The next patient wasn't due till 7:30, and an hour was enough for him to get back in form once again. Closing his eyes, he desperately waited for sleep to take over his worn-out senses quickly.

"Sir?" his secretary called out making him jerk out of sleep. With a throbbing head he gave her an infuriated look.

"Were you taking a nap?" she asked

"What did it look like to you, Jyoti?   Surely a man with closed eyes won't be treating patients after all"

"No, I mean sorry sir. There is a woman outside waiting to be treated. She says she doesn't have appointment, but has travelled for hours to get treated here. What do I do sir?"

"What else, call her inside and check the problem. Inform me when you are done"

"Sure sir "she said scurrying out of his cabin.

After 20 minutes, Rudra marched back into his cabin and banged the door behind him.

"This just won't stop, isn't it? " He asked himself loudly

What is with these women? While other doctors would have loved their unwanted advances, Rudra desperately tried to ward them off.

Ranawat's words came back to him now, Doesn't Doctor Rudra Pratap Ranawat get any female patients?'

Of course he got female patients, enough of them to strengthen his resolve for never marrying in his life. He thought dryly. 

He had to do something about them. One more of such patients and he was sure he would consider the idea of quitting this profession. 

In the next few minutes, Jyoti was summoned and clearly instructed to guide the next female patient to Sumer's cabin.  Jyoti merely smiled before going out once again. Meanwhile Rudra decided that a casual stroll in the gardens outside would help significantly in easing of the exhaustion of the fairly tiring day and marched off outside.

Dusk had started to fall outside, and the sky was cast in a gloomy grey shade which he had come to love with each passing day. The dying light of the setting son had a relaxing effect on him and took him back to his childhood when he used to watch the spectacle in the cradle of his mother's arm.  He found himself smiling at the memory which drifted away as quickly as it had come when he heard the loud screams of a girl.

He quickly made his way to the source of the voice and watched the scene unfold before him with amusement.

"Let's go Bindi. I remember the last time we came here, you weren't this adamant" the young lady , which he quickly recognized as Paro , said while she continued dragging her friend towards the main gate.

Rudra hid behind the brick building not once mindful of the eavesdropping he was currently doing.

"That's because paro, last time you didn't drag me out of the bed when you asked me to come along." Her friend complained.

"And is that my mistake that you went to bed at 6:00. Surely you don't think that I don't understand your lame excuses for not accompanying me to the clinic, do you?"

Bindi tried to hide her face but in vain. Rudra managed to swallow a chuckle before it escaped his mouth.

"Paro, tell me is it wrong to protect your second leg from meeting the same fate the first one did?"

"That was not my mistake" paro replied." Who told you to fall down after hearing about the 8 o clock appointment?"

Bindi pulled her hand from Paro's grasp and looked at her friend, straight in the eye.

" hmm. Looks who is talking here. The last time I checked you were ready to hide behind your Mamisa's frame at hearing the word dentist.  I had to practically pull you out of the sofa you had dived it when your name was called. And today for this 8 o clock appointment you are dragging me to the clinic at      6: 55 exact to be treated. What is up with you paro. I want an answer now!"

To Rudra's amusement, Paro turned away from her friend's question with a simple because my tooth hurts" and started walking towards the door.  But her friend wouldn't give up this soon. She stalked her till they came face to face and asked the question point black

" what is it with you paro? Tell me or I am leaving now"

" Bindi you have an habit of exaggerating things. It nothing really just that, doctor Rudra is very efficient and knows his job well. And I couldn't run from it after all ,right? My tooth really hurts"

He had heard many compliments regarding his work, especially from female patients but these words of appreciation coming from Paro had him smiling. What is about this girl that disarms me completely he thought? He turned to look back at the two friends but much to his disappointment they were gone.

"8 o clock appointment huh? He mused and went back inside absolutely fresh minded and definitely in form.

Rudra glanced at his watch impatiently. 8:05. Where was she? he wondered.

Has she gone back? Had she been too scared to come? Surely her demeanor outside hinted at nothing of this sort. Perhaps her friend, what was her name, Bindi, yes she must have taken her back. His mind kept hurling these lame questions at him again and again.

Surely his secretary would know about that, but she would have gone back home and that's when it struck him.

Of course. He had asked her to direct all his female patients to Sumer. That man must be at cloud nine at the moment. Before he could let a second thought claw its way into his mind, he jumped up from him chair and headed straight for Sumer's cabin.

He stood there right at his fellow doctor and half brother's doorstep drinking in the sight before him.

"Open your mouth Parvati or I will never be able to treat you"

But she seemed to be having entirely different plans. With her mouth firmly sealed, yes practically sealed with much force and eyes deliberately closed she shook her head violently making Sumer shake his head in impatience. Rudra, though seemed to be enjoying the sight very much.

"Then how in the world am I going to treat the cavity." He complained like a 10 year old "please open your mouth ", he pleaded

How professional, Rudra thought.

She finally opened her mouth, definitely not for him to have a look but big enough to speak up.

" Doctor Rudra treated me last time. Let him do the same this time as well" she said innocently

Sumer seemed somewhat agitated.

" Doctor Rudra is busy at the moment.  He has asked me to handle your case."

" I don't believe you!" she replied making Rudra grin.

"Yes he did. He personally asked me to handle Miss parvati's case. That's your name right?"

Hmm. Personally, he thought.

" really Sumer? " he asked." Did I personally ask you to handle her case?"

Sumer turned, clearly shocked and gulped.

" well your secretary said.. " he started off but Rudra cut him short.

Parvati had opened her eyes by now and was looking at him with gleaming eyes. She looked fairly happy. Getting up from her seat, without paying much attention to the wires around ,she moved past Sumer.

"My tooth hurts. I had an appointment with you , not him " she said pointing toward Sumer making him flinch.

"I know "was all that he could manage and found himself deeply drawn by her hazel eyes.

Those hazel eyes managed to distract him even after nearly 30 minutes. Time and again he found himself too close to her staring shamelessly. He chided himself for his lack of professionalism. She was a patient after all? But somehow, and even Rudra didn't know why but Ranawats words regarding marrying one of his patients kept coming back at him. He tried hard to brush those redundant thoughts away, only to have them back with an even greater force.

He closed his eyes in frustration trying to get his mind back in place when she started giggling again. He immediately pulled back and gave her an annoyed look.

"You find something funny Paro? "He asked.

"Your  ...Your never mind. Nothing absolutely nothing"

-But he was a fool if he believed her at that moment. Her cheeks were colored and she tried desperately to keep a straight face.

"What is it? Are you going to tell me or keep me waiting, delaying the treatment eventually?"

"What? No... it's that your moustache" and she blushed profusely. "it tingles" and started giggling again.

His hands shot up and immediately went to his moustache which he was undoubtedly proud about. He caressed it with his fingers and turned away embarrassed.

She saw him doing the same and as if regretting his decision , immediately spoke up.

" it looks good on you" and bit her tongue.

His eyebrows shot up and he looked at her skeptically. So she found him good looking and just like that he felt a warmth settling inside his chest.

"Really miss Parvati?"He asked teasingly.

She blushed even more in return and before she could explain her words he went back to work immediately .  filling the needle with the required medicine and turned towards her only to have her gawking at the instrument in his hand.

" this won't hurt" he said gently.

" I know that's no true, she retorted." It would hurt. I know that"          

What is with her? The last time he told her that the needle would hurt she had practically fought with him. And now when he was willing to be a little reassuring she still won't believe him. He shook his head in frustration.

" there are no madhumakhees around paro. And if you still intend you scream that then I am afraid this won't work. You will have to get this treatment from Sumer then. He is an expert in RCT.

" what" she gaped." No. I won't go back to that spineless frog. I am having a hard time dealing with the jallad already."

" jallad haan? " he asked quizzically. He had heard her the last time of course. But somehow the anger which had surfaced in the last appointment refused to show up today leaving him smiling instead. She was definitely unique.

"Open your mouth then".

Parvati complied hesitatingly but not before successfully clasping the Rudraksh around his wrist. That had a strange effect on him. She felt safe near him, he realized. He leaned down and was as gentle as he could be with her and just like that the treatment was finished.

He scribbled furiously on her card, penning down the names of some medicines that would ward of the pain if it surfaces but he could feel her staring at him.

He looked up to find his suspicions confirmed.

"What is it Paro. Is the pain still there?" he asked slightly worried at the pained look she was giving him

"No" she said sorrowfully

"Is that a problem?" he chuckled.

As if coming back to her senses she immediately shook her head and after a long moment asked him.

"Will the cavity return someday?"                     

He understood it then. Propping his head over the elbows he looked at the lady in front of him.

"Not anytime soon. Do you want it to be back though?"

"Yes... I mean no" she fumbled. "So there won't be any more appointments?

"Not until you have another cavity or sore tooth"

"Ok" she said morosely and he couldn't help but feel sorry.

He passed his card back to her and she stood up to leave. She seemed a little adamant to though but managed to reach the door knob

"Paro" he said and she immediately turned

"Yes?"

"It Is mahashivratri tomorrow. Want to accompany me to the fest?"

She thought for a long time and then asked "and what would I do there doctor sahab?"

"Perhaps I'll check whether your tooth is troubling you anymore or not. 5 O clock?"

"Is it an appointment?" she asked smiling.

"Yes "he said "An Appointment."

THE END  

Edited by HappilyLost - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aish002 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
res..me first...was waiting for this..
EDIT:

aww...such a nice update...and Rudra is a through professional huh..did not take advantage of the 8 o'clock  appointment...😳..loved the banter between Rudra and ranawat regarding the haveli swallowing the latter...choking on burnt roti..πŸ˜†

oh and now Paro has another appointment with Rudra..she must be happy..I thought she would just go home and eat lots of sweets to get another cavity...πŸ˜‰

Edited by Aish002 - 10 years ago
Jaz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Wow this a completely different take rudra a doctor. Interesting
Directional. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Just amazing! lovely!! Will wait for more of ur stories.. 😊
Kalhara thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice one.. i loved first one more..
bluemoon255 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the sequel baisa.  loved it😊
-DobByDoDgeR- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Both the os's were hilarious and well written
Cant wait for more
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Thank you for continuing this amazing one shot.
Wonderful update
Rudra n his father share a unique bond. There witty answers to eachother are quite funny. At last dilsher wish is going to come true.
The end was lovely n cute. Only Rudra could handle Parvati
Love the OS
-UnknownSoul- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Amazing 

continue pleasee!! i love it! why don't you make this an SS till paruds marriage? 
bewakoofLadki thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
awww nyc part
lived it