The Reconciliation (Epilogue on Page 11)- A Mriara FanFic

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
This is in response to Piya's post asking forum members to write fanfics on Mriara to increase forum activity.  As I am too lazy (and pretty out of touch) writing a new fanfic, I am posting a fanfic I wrote on another couple by Mriarofying it.  Here is the first part of the five-part fanfic.

The Reconciliation

Part I

Mrithunjay Shekawat came out of the Mumbai High court with mixed feelings of contentment and regret. After cooling his heels as an under-trial for a year behind the bars of a dingy cell, he could finally walk as a free man; but that was not the source of his contentment. What pleased him was that justice was finally served in the imprisonment of the rapist, to whom he had meted out his own brand of justice a year ago by breaking his bones.  Although the judge found him guilty of taking law into his own hands, he released him considering that he had already served the punishment in staying imprisoned for the last one year while awaiting trial. When his lawyer, Mr.Contractor and his friend, Yug, congratulated him for having won the year long tussle, he merely smirked.  He may have gained his freedom but has lost his world, his wife Tara. He wondered what this freedom was worth without her by his side. 

As he did not want to go back to their two bedroom apartment at Andheri as it would only make him feel her absence more acutely, Yug took him to his own house at Malad. Yug's wife, Neha welcomed him warmly and served him tea.  Yug tried to cheer him up but to no avail.  He was quite bitter about the fact that his wife failed to be by his side during his most trying times.  Yes, he was no model husband and she had her fair share of miseries being married to him, but he still expected her to visit him when he was in prison, to atleast vent her anger on him for what he had put her through. Her refusal to meet him even after he sent word through his friend Yug annoyed him at first, but saddened him later.  He spent the last one year in the hope that she would change her mind and meet him at least once but she never came. All he got was a curt letter saying that she did not want to live with him anymore and if he cared for her at all, he should let her go. His real strength was his friend, Yug who stood by him through thick and thin. He had arranged for the best criminal lawyer to defend him and ensured that the culprit, the twenty-three year old rich, spoilt and influential son of a sitting Member of the Parliament, was put behind bars for the heinous crime he committed.  The huge outcry from the women's welfare associations also helped his cause.

"Thanks Yug," Mrithunjay said, his voice heavy with emotion, "Thanks for standing by me when my own wife deserted me. I never realised that Tara would do this to me. Anyway, I am happy that this case has brought out her true colours," he said bitterly.

Yug squirmed uncomfortably in his chair, hearing his friend speak ill of the woman who had been his real but unseen support all along.  Although he had promised her that he will not reveal the truth to Mrithunjay, Yug's conscience did not permit him to sit back and let him think the worst of Tara.

"No, Mrithunjay.  The person you should really be thanking is Tara. She had been the one who had arranged for the services of Mr.Contractor.  She had to beg her father to use his influence and resources to get Mr.Contractor accept your case and defend you.  Knowing how strained her relationship with her father has been ever since she married you, you can well imagine how much of self respect she had to give up to do that."

Mrithunjay was shocked by this revelation. "I thought you had engaged the lawyer," he whispered.

"That is what she wanted you to believe. Although I was reluctant to be her front at first, I could not refuse her when I heard her point of view.  Anyway, I had to get you out and could not afford to pay the huge fees charged by Mr.Contractor. She still loves you but is very disappointed in you, Mrithunjay. You had let her down very badly this time."

Mrithunjay put his head down in shame. He had repeatedly put her in problems because of his inability to control his cursed temper. He had attempted several times to reign in his mindless fury which erupts every time he witnesses injustice but he had failed miserably. Yug, was right. Things had really gone too far this time. He did not regret bashing up that unscrupulous brat but he regretted the huge price he paid in the process.

"Where is she?" he asked hopefully.

"I don't know, Mrithunjay. She left the city more than ten months ago and has not been communicating with me ever since.  Your lawyer's bills were directly settled by your father-in-law, Govind Sharma, under strict anonymity. I tried to get her address from your father-in-law but the man wouldn't even speak to me. You know how much he despises you. As I am your friend, I guess he despises me too."

Mrithunjay was crestfallen. He suspected that she must have bartered with her father their married life for his freedom, for he knew Govind never accepted him as his son-in-law ever. After dinner, he left his friend's house but did not return to his house immediately. Instead, he walked aimlessly in the Madh Island beach, contemplating his life.

Part II in Page 2

Part III in Page 4

Part IV in Page 7

Part V.1 in Page 8

Part V.2 in Page 9

Part V.3 in Page 10

Epilogue in Page 11

Edited by Opti - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Humera- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Great start to the ff Opti, can't wait to read how the reconciliation between MriAra will take place, please update soon :)
daaaku thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Interesting start. Cannot wait for them to come face-to-face. Plz update soon. 
Archi21 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wow...👏
Awesome FF⭐️👏
Start is so appealing😃

Song for MJ's situation

~tu jo nahi hai too kuch bhi nahi hai
ye maana ki duniya jawa hai hase hai~

update soon
🤗

may i know ur name😳
BlueJasmine thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It's really very nice ... Tara has sacrificed her happiness...her future with him for his freedom...sometimes the most selfless love seems to be most selfish one to the world. Please continue...
HappyST thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Nice start...
Continue soon.
mastaTmohi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Awesome Opti this is sooo intriguing. Continue sooon.  😃😃Edited by mastaTmohi - 10 years ago
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Humera-

Great start to the ff Opti, can't wait to read how the reconciliation between MriAra will take place, please update soon :)

Thanks Humera.  Will update tonight.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: daaaku

Interesting start. Cannot wait for them to come face-to-face. Plz update soon. 

Thanks Daaku. They will come face-to-face only in the update after next.  I'll be giving a background to their story in the next part. 
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Archi21

Wow...👏
Awesome FF⭐️👏
Start is so appealing😃

Song for MJ's situation

~tu jo nahi hai too kuch bhi nahi hai
ye maana ki duniya jawa hai hase hai~

update soon
🤗

may i know ur name😳

Thanks Archi.  I'd like to be maintain my anonymity. You can call me Opti.