SherryGS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
I am so impressed with this character. When I first saw her on the show, she was hiding behind Kakisa but she still had a bit of nerve as she was asking who Rudra was, even as he brandished his gun. I truly thought at that time that she was going to be one of those weak whiny women. I was so wrong!
She is definitely the epitome of the harassed DIL. With someone like Kakisa as a MIL,I think the majority of sensible women would run screaming. That woman is terrifying. I still remember her treat to Maitali of getting Samer married to someone else if Maitali did not produce an heirin a year. Maitali, however is very aware of what her MIL is and she deals with it in her own way. She finds happiness in her husband's quiet ways. She finds joy in Sunheri's giggling. She finds parental acceptance from her soft hearted FIL.
She first made me take notice of her string inner being when she made Dilsher aware of the happiness his return had brought to the haveli, especially to his brother. Dilsher was even taken back by her words.
She had the strength to open her mouth to Kakisa about wanting to adopt, even though that did not go well. She still knew what she was getting into and was willing to brave the elements. She was blessed to have Paro standing beside her at that point.
She was kidnapped and rescued and made sure to name Paro as her rescuer.

She has made one huge significant error, which was believing Sunheri's story over Paro's  truth.  As I think about that time, maybe many of us in that position would have done what Maitali did. She had known Sunheri for years, had only just met Paro and had just found out that everything she knew about Paro was a lie. She was not a sister who had grown up with Paro.

She has been the person to open her mouth and tell our Soldier that he is in love with Paro. She can see it. No one else is going to tell him that for now, except maybe Dilsher. She was even willing to protect Paro against Rudra the morning after the wedding. Paro came running to her for comfort and she spoke up to Rudra. I admire her for that. She has guts.

Today I watched the show, without subtitles (which I really need but won't see until tomorrow) but I could clearly see and feel her kinship and sisterly love for Paro.
Maitali has surprised me immensely in a very good way and I hope the CVs keep her in this positive light.   

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deedeepa1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Agree with you
Love her 😊
Hopefully cvs won't ruin her character
sadhnasoumya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Love her character
And the actress is great
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Maithili is a very sweet and sensible charecter who has managed to win the respect of Rudra and the affection of Paro. I hope they support her adoption plans when it comes up again. She deserves so much more than a husband like Samrat in her life.Edited by rithureuben - 10 years ago
SherryGS thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deedeepa1

Agree with you
Love her 😊
Hopefully cvs won't ruin her character

Yes I hope they keep her as a positive character. :)
SherryGS thumbnail

Originally posted by: sadhnasoumya

Love her character
And the actress is great

Yes I agree! She is a good actress!
SherryGS thumbnail

Originally posted by: rithureuben

Maithili is a very sweet and sensible charecter who has managed to win the respect of Rudra and the affection of Paro.
I hope they support her adoption plans when it comes up again. She deserves so much more than a husband like Samrat in her life.

Exactly! I hope Samer grows a spine soon. Maitali is too good for him. Lol. He is nice just weak. Rudra and Paro will support her.
Parud_Forever thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Agree wid u 👍🏼
I love maithili's Character
and the actress plays it very nicely..👏
SherryGS thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanayabarunfan

Agree wid u👍🏼

I love maithili's Character