Seriously speaking...-Raju Shrivastav

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

Seriously speaking...
Once appreciated for his comic performance in The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, Raju Srivastava will now don a new avatar, that of a news anchor The funny man is getting serious this time.

Appreciated for his comic performance in The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, Raju Srivastava will now be donning a new avatar, that of news anchor on Aaj Tak. The show promises to be an innovative one. "It is not a spoof. I have to present the news stories.

The presentation will be informal. For instance, news will be presented through two friends talking to each other, neighbours having a discussion, etc. It's like presenting news in a chatty way," says Raju. Raju is quite elated about the fact that at last one of his dreams will be fulfilled.

"Even as a kid, I used to think that the person reading the news must be very important, as everyone listens to him with so much attention. It's a dream come true for me. The shooting will start soon," he adds.

When quizzed about how he was approached for the show, an excited Raju says, "This is a brainchild of Shailesh Dave, who was associated with Movers & Shakers and now The Comedy Show - Ha Ha Ha (previously The Great Indian Comedy Show).

He came to me with the offer, and I was more than eager to do something different." Raju, who came into the limelight with The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, says that he was almost coerced to participate in the show. "When the show started, they announced that whoever wins the contest will be given the opportunity to act in films and TV shows. But I was already a known face on small and big screen. I did movies like Maine Pyaar Kiya, Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon, but it is only for this show that I am a household name today," Raju says.

Raju for the time being does not want to act in saas-bahu serials. "I don't think people are bored of my humour yet. Comedy is my forte and I want continue with that," he says. The actor is quite busy with his movies coming up like, Jahan Jaaiyega Humen Paaiyega, Bombay To Goa and other television shows.